United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > MUFC Tickets and Travel
Closed Thread
 
Old 25-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Wez
 
Default

 
Old 25-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Dueling Banjos
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What's this "Man U" business??
A term that younger, jcl Reds take offence at but older, time-served Reds have no problem with.
 
Old 25-02-2013, 10:55 PM
bcred
 
Default

 
Old 26-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
A term that younger, jcl Reds take offence at but older, time-served Reds have no problem with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
 
Old 26-02-2013, 07:10 AM
dragflick
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
A term that younger, jcl Reds take offence at but older, time-served Reds have no problem with.
Agreed. My old man and Grandad both refer/referred to us as Man U at times, and they're anything but jcl's.
 
Old 26-02-2013, 02:24 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Terms change their meanings over time though, don't they? As many a pub bore will remind you, "gay" meant happy once
 
Old 26-02-2013, 02:27 PM
carlosartorial
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Agreed. My old man and Grandad both refer/referred to us as Man U at times, and they're anything but jcl's.
Yes, but they sound like a pair of c***s if they say 'Man U'.
 
Old 26-02-2013, 02:33 PM
dragflick
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Yes, but they sound like a pair of c***s if they say 'Man U'.
What, because it's 'not cool' to say it? Get to f***.

Just because the football365 generation of dickheads adopted it to call us it, doesn't mean reds who have used it for years have to stop saying it. Find it cringey as f*** when people say 'ohhh you can't call us Man-U, red-issue/some c*** on twitter said it's not the top-red thing to say...'. Yeah, alright.
 
Old 26-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Ginners
 
Default

Deaflympics ffs

ill take 100 tickets
 
Old 26-02-2013, 02:43 PM
carlosartorial
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
What, because it's 'not cool' to say it? Get to f***.

Just because the football365 generation of dickheads adopted it to call us it, doesn't mean reds who have used it for years have to stop saying it. Find it cringey as f*** when people say 'ohhh you can't call us Man-U, red-issue/some c*** on twitter said it's not the top-red thing to say...'. Yeah, alright.
I'm sure there are ancient reds who still think we should be singing YNWA too.

My old feller has been going 50 years+ and in his words 'it's something cockneys used to call us'. It's got nothing to do with what red issue think, I'm sure some old boys still call football 'soccer' too....
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Chelsea May 4th
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preston 0 Chelsea 2: Polished Chelsea give Fergie's boy a ruthless lesson fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 24-01-2010 04:00 PM
Newcastle United 0 Chelsea 2: Ballack drives Chelsea onward to set up tightest of title finales fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 05-05-2008 11:00 PM
Chelsea 2 Manchester United 1: Chelsea capitalise as Ferguson's focus is blurred by Barça fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 27-04-2008 11:20 PM
Sunderland 0 Chelsea 1: Terry underlines Chelsea's title credentials fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 16-03-2008 11:50 PM
Chelsea 3 Huddersfield Town 1: Lampard turns on the style to settle Chelsea's frayed nerves fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 17-02-2008 12:10 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.