Pea
Welbeck

-------------

Cole
York
Ole
Teddy

Is this enough, is it the right mix ?

Seems fergie only truly believes in Rooney and rvp....it wasn't like that in 99, everyone played their part...

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Ginners

pea is £#%&!ing useless when he starts a game, and welbeck, well, hes just useless.

if rvp gets injured we might as well not have any strikers tbh

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
RVP
Rooney
Pea
Welbeck

-------------

Cole
York
Ole
Teddy

Is this enough, is it the right mix ?

Seems fergie only truly believes in Rooney and rvp....it wasn't like that in 99, everyone played their part...
We all still hated teddy until the last few weeks of the season though. He didn't feature much if I remember right.

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:37 PM
dragflick

Did you see sky's feature on it before the game? These current 4 were slightly ahead in goals scored compared to those that season. All fairly similar. Teddy only had 2 by this time in '99..

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
We all still hated teddy until the last few weeks of the season though. He didn't feature much if I remember right.
He was injured for a bit though...Came back at the right time...

Not sure pea or welbeck offer us those goals...

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
not all of us

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:41 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Did you see sky's feature on it before the game? These current 4 were slightly ahead in goals scored compared to those that season. All fairly similar. Teddy only had 2 by this time in '99..
Just finished watching full video.

Welbeck is fairly similar to Teddy in terms that he hasn't featured much this season (In Welbeck's case in his natural position) and only scored 1/2 goals. Welbeck still has a part to play for us, kids only 21 and only going to get better with age.

Chicha has had a great season for us, he's got plenty of goals left in him. Really fancy him to get a couple against Madrid.

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:46 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
not all of us
Apparently you'd have been 9 or 10 at the time, no?

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
£#%&! knows mate

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:52 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Quote:
£#%&! knows mate
:rumbled:

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Jethro

The only thing I hated when I was 10 was most probably brocolli.

Hernandez will be the secret weapon against Madrid Welbeck I just don't know

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Luffy

Hernandez is brilliant, hasn't he got more goals than rooney? I would say he is more prominent than ole or teddy as a 3rd choice.

And rvp and Rooney are better than Yorke and cole who were awesome as a duo but were never up there amongst the best in the world.

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:55 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

The game has changed; won't see the same consistency with partnerships. Ole/Teddy > Pea and Welbz obvs. Sheringham was incredibly intelligent, player of the season in 2001 and Ole was the best finisher I've ever seen at OT. Won us the European cup too so...

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:58 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
£#%&! knows mate

I always thought of teddy as a last resort that season. Not knockersing him for it, good to have a plan d.

Unread 10-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
not all of us
Exactly. Why hate teddy?

Seems incredibly small time

Unread 10-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Exactly. Why hate teddy?

i dont remember it too well, what with only being 9 or 10 at the time, but why would people have hated him? he was top class

Unread 10-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
i dont remember it too well, what with only being 9 or 10 at the time, but why would people have hated him? he was top class
he was brilliant in the 97/98 season too for the first 6 months or so. obviously the whole team capitulated in the latter stages mainly because of injuries, but those first few months we played some wonderful stuff with him leading the line.

Unread 10-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Ginners

Quote:
he was brilliant in the 97/98 season too for the first 6 months or so. obviously the whole team capitulated in the latter stages mainly because of injuries, but those first few months we played some wonderful stuff with him leading the line.
he goes down as a legend just for that goal anyway. has always spoken well of utd since too afaik.

Unread 10-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Zorg

Hernandez is pure gold, anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Unread 10-02-2013, 11:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Exactly. Why hate teddy?

who hates Teddy

he's a £#%&!ing legend.....we should have kept him another two years ffs....imagine him and RvN in the same team :swoon:
Closed Thread