United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Main > Main Forum
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM
aardvark

Default How to dominate a cat

Quote:
If you have to stop a cat doing something you don't want her to, or pick her up to get him in the carrier to get him to the vet, here's where raising the kitten helps. Use the Kitten Grip. You are large enough that by sheer size you can establish yourself as Mom or Adult Family to Kitten.

Cats have loose skin on the back of their necks. Ever see cute pictures of mother cats carrying kittens in their mouths? Even adult cats have this handle, you can firmly grip the loose skin of the back of the cat's neck and lift. Get the cat off her feet fast when you do this. Instinct will make her dangle, slightly curled up, trusting you are big and strong and know where she should be at the moment.

The Kitten Grip is not as uncomfortable as it looks, and it's very comforting to a cat. It means being protected and taken care of. When the cat curls up and surrenders responsibility, you have completely dominated that cat in a gentle, affectionate, familial way that is entirely within cat instinct. Humans do this with their hands, you don't need to bite the cat's neck to do this.
Read more: How to Dominate a Cat | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2110411_domi...#ixzz2C1DfM2cs

Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
Read more: How to Dominate a Cat | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2110411_domi...#ixzz2C1DfM2cs
I have launched him using that grip many a time.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Sparky***

I find a swift volley usually helps move the c**ts.

My Pain is constant and sharp. And I do not hope for a better world for anyone.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:31 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark

Back of the head?

Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Ethers

Things you'll need - A sense of humour

Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Zorg

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM
borsuk

fantastic that, cheers mate. looks like duaners will have to up his game.

any tips on how to overawe a guinea pig while you're at it?

No more excuses. Three years and we’re still crap. Ta ra Fergie.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Use sweet reason. I'm not joking. Cats understand what humans say a lot better than people credit them for, because their mouths can't pronounce all the words they know. Cats respond to their names and much more. Explain things to your cat in simple terms, but explain in adult language what's going on. Your cat may understand you perfectly and still disagree, but there is a start.

My Pain is constant and sharp. And I do not hope for a better world for anyone.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

how to dominate a cat

if someone posted how to dominate your children or wife it was be deemed distasteful. Just as this should be.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
any tips on how to overawe a guinea pig while you're at it?
Look at them through really squinty eyes. Freaks em right out
Closed Thread