United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 29-04-2015, 08:16 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
BRENDAN RODGERS INTERVIEW: We don't compare ourselves to Man United anymore... we're looking up, not down
By PATRICK COLLINS
PUBLISHED: 22:05, 15 March 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...n-Rodgers.html

Old 29-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Ethers

Always liked this one.

" I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence"

Always liked this one. Call me crazy, but if my objective is going through the fence, I'm going to go with the guy who looks for a hole rather than the one who tries to run through metal.

Old 29-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
"I've not got time for the meal thing, Brendan"
Like that meeting Brent has with Neil and the other bird.

"Brendon I don't understand this, where is the report we asked you for?"

"Ah you see, you're not seeing the (makes zooming out gesture with his hands) bigger picture right, you're just looking at results and saying 'oooh he's not, you know, Producing the numbers'. I'm dealing with human beings not numbers"

Old 29-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Always liked this one.

" I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence"

Always liked this one. Call me crazy, but if my objective is going through the fence, I'm going to go with the guy who looks for a hole rather than the one who tries to run through metal.

That's tickled me that

Old 29-04-2015, 08:30 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
"I've not got time for the meal thing, Brendan"

Old 29-04-2015, 08:31 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Like that meeting Brent has with Neil and the other bird.

"Brendon I don't understand this, where is the report we asked you for?"

"Ah you see, you're not seeing the (makes zooming out gesture with his hands) bigger picture right, you're just looking at results and saying 'oooh he's not, you know, Producing the numbers'. I'm dealing with human beings not numbers"

Old 29-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
"I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes."

That's always been my favourite. If he's already written them down, there is nothing the players can do to make sure they're not in one of the envelopes. All they can do is make him look an idiot for writing their names down - which he never did, obviously. :shakehead:
You're using standard logic. Big mistake. If you analyse what he says with par logic, it actually makes perfect sense.

Old 29-04-2015, 08:56 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Clearly a progressive manager but his job has been made a lot easier by the moyes collapse at united. We would normally be in the top 4 and due to us being midtable for most of the season it has taken pressure off them.

Will be completely different next year.
Quote:
Rodgers starting to believe his own hype, saying "anyone" could set a team out to just defend all game and that "defending isnt a tactic".

This moron hasn't won f*** all, and Sunday showed why. Just as naive and overhyped as his braindead captain creasehead.

People going OTT with the w*****g over him and Martinez just cos Moyes looks like a fuking zombie in comparison. It's been poor league, summed up by the fact that Arsenal spent 128 days at the top of the league this season, way more than anyone else. ARSENAL.

Genuinely can't wait for next season, especially if the dippers get knocked off 1st place in the next 2 weeks.

Quote:
His arrogance will be his downfall.

Same reason why he has never put good back to back seasons together.

Liverpool will have a horror this year.
Quote:
1. doesnt make Liverpool any better.
2. ronaldo benz bale hames would annihilate lovren sakho and mongillo while sleepwalking.

The reality is that liverpool are scarily ordinary, crazy how dependent they are on sturridge to have a cohesive attacking unit. Sturridge! One of the greediest showman strikers out there. Rate him but liverpool should be more than concerned.

They spent £120m to finish outside the top 4, and they will do that.

Old 29-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Switching Off

Saffers doing a Barry Horowitz

Old 29-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Saffers doing a Barry Horowitz

Jesus, I remember that b*****d. Wasn't he one of those loser wrestlers that the famous ones used to beat up every week?

That pat on the back though. Would love to see a Utd player do it in front of a seething kop.