United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 04-01-2013, 12:26 AM
History

So he's already renamed the 7 and a half role to reverse winger? Or is it different?

What a zonal marking cunt.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:18 AM
Grimson

He just means inverted winger, doesn't he? Itself a bullshit, Zonal Marking made-up term which just means playing a winger on the opposite side of his dominant foot so he can cut inside and shoot.

Funny thing was last year, King Kenny spending 35mil on Carroll, who can do one thing well (head the ball), and then playing inverted wingers on both sides & not giving him any crosses. He had Downing on the right and some dickhead I've forgotten out on the left.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Itself a bullshit

Old 04-01-2013, 08:25 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Before turning around them.
And then racially abusing them.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Jethro

Funny thing is we're meant to be the stupid ones for laughing at him

Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
All their fans appear to proper 'football wankers' too, so they probably think he's some sort of genius. "I could listen to him discuss tactics for hours" etc. Appalling cunts.
Some Scouse fan attending "An Evening With Rafa Benitez" in Dublin literally got an erection when he was called up on stage to demonstrate zonal marking apparently. That just about sums up your average tactics nerd.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 AM
KenwrightsWallet

Quote:
"There is a lot of progressing to do because we're 10th in the table and this is a club which wants to be at the very top but the only way you can do that is by reconstruction of the work and building the squad.

"That is what is going to take a bit of time. I always say it's like a good meal - I'm not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
"There is a lot of progressing to do because we're 10th in the table and this is a club which wants to be at the very top but the only way you can do that is by reconstruction of the work and building the squad.

"That is what is going to take a bit of time. I always say it's like a good meal - I'm not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 AM
The Return of JC

McDonald's calls itself a restaurant. Just sayin.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Withers

They may want to think about getting a good cook in then. What part of this analogy does he think equates to the managers job?