United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 25-03-2007, 03:13 PM
El Calafate

Default How did Hargreaves play yesterday?

nft.

Old 25-03-2007, 03:15 PM
koppas

Looked good. Done the job he was required too and was good at keeping/distributing the ball.

England's best player.

Old 25-03-2007, 03:20 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Looked good. Done the job he was required too and was good at keeping/distributing the ball.

England's best player.
yeah would agree with that - long way behind the international class of David Healy but was certainly England's best.

Old 25-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Whalefish

Englands best player?

NBot sure I'd go with that tbh. He was busy but his passing looked very limited (not seen any different when he's played for Munich either).

He's good at what he does but there's no fucking way I'd pay the kind of money Munich want (and will get) for him. If there aren't suitable alternatives in world football then we got problems.

But the above doesn't matter really, Fergie appears to have made his decision and Hargreaves is the player he wants. And that's that.

Old 25-03-2007, 03:33 PM
koppas

Well who was better than Whale? Not exactly a great bunch of performances to pay for?

As for his value, that wasn't part of the question. All he did was ask who was England's player. And in mine, and wee mans, it was him.

I'l be pleased when we sign him - as long as a striker is brought in too. And even that will be Jermaine Defoe.

Old 25-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Whalefish

Currently I wouldn't break up the Scholes/Carrick axis. Which means we need decent back up (and obviously alternatives) in certain games and I just think we're going for an expensive option tbh. We don't have unlimited piles of cash and arguably 3/4 players need to arrive as well. I just think the money could be better spent throughout the team.

I'd be quite pleased if Sneijder arrived. Suitable alternative to Scholes as and when he's rested. Can also play the holding role if required.

Anyway, like I said it doesn't matter. Fergie's mind is made up. Hargreaves is the player he wants.

Old 25-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Rhodzy

I thought he played well, nft.

Old 25-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
I thought he played well, nft.
O rly?

Old 25-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Baron

His first touch & passing were rusty, but he's had a broken leg so fair enough. He's properly rapid, picks up loads of the 2nd ball which is something we desperately miss in tough fixtures against good sides - Chelsea & Arsenal games this season are glaring examples. He's excellent positionally & basically covered for Gerrards wandering star routine on the 'right' *snigger*. Bet Phil Neville certainly apppreciates him.

He's better than Lampard at set peices as well, just a shame he doesn't have the name or reputation of Fatty to get ahead of him when there's a dead ball option.

20m is extortionate though. Chelsea only paid 16.6m (?) for Makelelelelelelelele as well with their tax for fucks sake. Shame it seems like a nice honourable chap, he should do the Madrid tactic of refusing to play anywhere else & only wanting to come to us & we then offer 12m. We're still mugs.

Old 25-03-2007, 03:47 PM
koppas

Can't blame Bayern though. They are doing the right thing taking us to the cleaners with this one.
Closed Thread