United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Charity
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I once tried to buy a Big Issue from a woman. A rarity for me, it must be said.

She turned out to be a buyer, not a seller. I thought it was just her last one.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:44 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Had a big issue sales man at my local station in london for a few years - saw him get back on his feet, get a job and a flat. It really worked him.

Moved to liverpool, tried to buy one from a fella in the town centre. I gave him the cash and said keep the change and his response: "you dont actually read it do you? If you dont want it, i can resell it.." Practically had to wrench it from his grasp.

Almost everything i needed to know about scousers in one interaction.
was it his 'last copy'? was he wearing an official BI vest? there are many rogue, unlicensed sellers, who are just common or garden tramps who've got a copy from somewhere to add more gravitas to their begging. this poor f***er you snatched the mag off would've probably had to go and nick another one afterwards.

this is brilliant by the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I once tried to buy a Big Issue from a woman. A rarity for me, it must be said.

She turned out to be a buyer, not a seller. I thought it was just her last one.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Just tell them you don't give a f*** about starving Africans/tsunami victims/depleted rainforests etc. While it doesn't quite make up for the 30 seconds or so of your life they've stolen, seeing the anger and disgust in their eyes at your callous nature is quite fun.

f***ing hippie bastards.
I had a green peace one try to accost me in the street, told him I wasn't interested as I work for an oil company. The disgust in his eyes made that 30 seconds worth it nqat

Old 12-07-2012, 08:23 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
I had a green peace one try to accost me in the street, told him I wasn't interested as I work for an oil company. The disgust in his eyes made that 30 seconds worth it nqat
The problem is they employ some right hotties, making it harder to say no.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Harri Jaffa

I used to buy one every week from the same woman every week, until I heard that used to drive in everyday to stand outside my local sainsburys.

Now I avoid her.

She looks hurt when I see her seeing me walk straight past but f*** her.

I've no found a more desperate person to give a couple of quid to every week for a magazine I rarely read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Poop

Used to be loads of Romanian gypos in town stood outside every f***ing shop selling them a while back. I found the easiest way to handle them is to vigorously punch them in the face and throw their babies into the air before running away.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 AM
borsuk

can't believe there isn't a free online version

Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
was it his 'last copy'? was he wearing an official BI vest? there are many rogue, unlicensed sellers, who are just common or garden tramps who've got a copy from somewhere to add more gravitas to their begging. this poor f***er you snatched the mag off would've probably had to go and nick another one afterwards.
It was 20 years ago. But if i recall - not his last copy, he had ID and I paid for the copy i mugged off him. So I say to you sir: bag a shite.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
The problem is they employ some right hotties, making it harder to say no.
i tell them i'm 15
can't lock you in if you're under 16

Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM
bobbledinho

I just ignore them the same way I ignore people trying to sell me shite in shopping centres.

If I have to say something I just say, "Already got this issue love, soz."

Chuggers can f*** off.
Closed Thread