United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Charity
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Link me up pal, good luck.
Making some quality progress here Massively appreciated fredsters.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:39 AM
ReligiousRed

BUMP....

Doubled the target because of some top people and their great efforts including i must say some VERY generous fredsters

Looking to keep this total rising, only two weeks to go now and the more i can get the better for all

Done 40 Rounds last week and it honestly hurt, my hands were bruised for two days after and my legs, feet, shoulder, back ,,,the lot HURT so as sure as i know i will get the job done, i now know this is going to be hard work

" When you feel like quitting...Remember why you started "

Old 06-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Cannot

Believe i missed this.

Will get onto this ASAP mate - good on you.

100 rounds? Mental

Old 20-08-2012, 11:52 AM
ReligiousRed

Sorry to keep bumping i know it might be boring to some but if you don't keep asking you can't keep getting, final week before we get it done this saturday and i'm trying my hardest to get as much as i possibly can.

Just wanted to add that a good friend of mine had a brain tumour a couple years back and managed to get rid of it with chemotherapy and an operation, he was told on Friday that it has come back and is inoperable, he will die of this now and though he will have chemo again to delay the whole thing the doctors are sure it will not go away again, he has two little girls and a little boy, he's 31 years old and won't see them grow, i don't think you even have to have kids to realize what they are all going through right now, we are all devastated, cancer is a c***.

In all honesty it's made me not want to really do it, how can i complain of being tired and sore when my mate has that to deal with. For obvious reasons it will go ahead, just makes you realize how lucky you are and how in the blink of an eye your whole life can change.

If anyone wants the link to the charity donation page just ask and i will pm, cheers.

Old 20-08-2012, 12:04 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Sorry to keep bumping i know it might be boring to some but if you don't keep asking you can't keep getting, final week before we get it done this saturday and i'm trying my hardest to get as much as i possibly can.

Just wanted to add that a good friend of mine had a brain tumour a couple years back and managed to get rid of it with chemotherapy and an operation, he was told on Friday that it has come back and is inoperable, he will die of this now and though he will have chemo again to delay the whole thing the doctors are sure it will not go away again, he has two little girls and a little boy, he's 31 years old and won't see them grow, i don't think you even have to have kids to realize what they are all going through right now, we are all devastated, cancer is a c***.

In all honesty it's made me not want to really do it, how can i complain of being tired and sore when my mate has that to deal with. For obvious reasons it will go ahead, just makes you realize how lucky you are and how in the blink of an eye your whole life can change.

If anyone wants the link to the charity donation page just ask and i will pm, cheers.
My worse nightmare, i'm not bothered about dying its leaving the little uns behind that would hurt more than anything.

Good luck to him

Old 24-08-2012, 09:37 AM
ReligiousRed

Last day of bothering you i promise, done so well so just looking for last minute donations to help me get £1000 over original target

May as well post link for any shy yet generous lurkers I will take people having all my details as an occupational hazard for this cause would be mint if someone added a donation with Fred Lurker as the sig though tbf

http://www.justgiving.com/Kevin-Thorniley0

Old 25-08-2012, 08:27 AM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Last chance to donate today - if you haven't already, what's the price of a pint? Just have one less today and donate to this worthy cause.

Kev is gonna be f***ed after this. He sends his thanks to the people that have already donated but I doubt he'll be in any fit state to log on later.

Old 25-08-2012, 08:32 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed

Don't know how I missed this mate. That's awful on an un-real scale.

What else can you possibly say? It's beyond words.

Old 25-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Boxing for charity pal? YSHS

If people could just donate instead of giving good rep for one day

Good luck son

http://www.justgiving.com/Kevin-Thorniley0

Last edited by Whip Hubley; 25-08-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Old 25-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Good luck Kev
Closed Thread