United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I notice you've ignored the more difficult posts.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=34

In all honesty it's a myth that the people of Moston voted in favour of this proposal. By and large the M40 4FC campaigners ran a very successful campaign to get as many people with M40 postcodes to put their signatures on pre-printed letters of support for this stadium.

One of their main collection points for getting people to sign these letters was ASDA in Harpurhey. Parts of Newton Heath, Collyhurst and Miles Platting also have an M40 postcode and these areas were also targeted for letters of support; they also targeted Smithfield Market. What i'm trying to say is that those statistics are not a true gauge of opinion.

Unread 03-05-2012, 09:02 PM
MrBishi

If anyone assumed I was one of those faded blue @#%&!s I'd do everything in my power* to abuse & insult the £#%&!er who said it.

S3H doesn't seem to have a problem with it, though.

* bad rep & two angry PMs.

Unread 03-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
In all honesty it's a myth that the people of Moston voted in favour of this proposal. By and large the M40 4FC campaigners ran a very successful campaign to get as many people with M40 postcodes to put their signatures on pre-printed letters of support for this stadium.

One of their main collection points for getting people to sign these letters was ASDA in Harpurhey. Parts of Newton Heath, Collyhurst and Miles Platting also have an M40 postcode and these areas were also targeted for letters of support; they also targeted Smithfield Market. What i'm trying to say is that those statistics are not a true gauge of opinion.
Right, so what you're saying is you posted a pile of shite?

Glad we agree.

Funnily enough, what you've said there is absolute shite once again. I know a lot of the FC campaigners personally, they went knocking on doors in Moston and Moston only and gained huge numbers of support. The 'no' campaigners won't admit a single person in Moston wants the stadium. However, you won't find anyone from FC pretending that no-one is against it.

What you most likely won't want to admit is that the 'no' campaigners did exactly what you've complained about above - collecting signatures from anyone and everyone at city matches, without asking where they were from and then proclaiming massive support for their cause.

What FC have said and are still saying now is that the people against it shouldn't just be ignored - instead their fears should be addressed. That's why they've held public consultations and meetings, invited all those concerned to come and talk to them and generally orchestrated a positive campaign of information sharing and openness.

In contrast, the 'no' campaigners have used intimidation, bullying, physical threats and good old-fashioned fabricated bullshit whenever they've felt like it. Their laughable 'campaign' has been an ill-advised, poorly conducted shambles led by a load of jealous bitters more concerned about their hatred of all things United than their local community getting a shot in the arm. All very sad and pathetic really.

Unread 03-05-2012, 09:08 PM
eusker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Right, so what you're saying is you posted a pile of shite?

Glad we agree.

Funnily enough, what you've said there is absolute shite once again. I know a lot of the FC campaigners personally, they went knocking on doors in Moston and Moston only and gained huge numbers of support. The 'no' campaigners won't admit a single person in Moston wants the stadium. However, you won't find anyone from FC pretending that no-one is against it.

What you most likely won't want to admit is that the 'no' campaigners did exactly what you've complained about above - collecting signatures from anyone and everyone at city matches, without asking where they were from and then proclaiming massive support for their cause.

What FC have said and are still saying now is that the people against it shouldn't just be ignored - instead their fears should be addressed. That's why they've held public consultations and meetings, invited all those concerned to come and talk to them and generally orchestrated a positive campaign of information sharing and openness.

In contrast, the 'no' campaigners have used intimidation, bullying, physical threats and good old-fashioned fabricated bullshit whenever they've felt like it. Their laughable 'campaign' has been an ill-advised, poorly conducted shambles led by a load of jealous bitters more concerned about their hatred of all things United than their local community getting a shot in the arm. All very sad and pathetic really.
Excellent post.

Unread 03-05-2012, 09:11 PM
thatsfuctit

Sam Cam looked well crammed into her trousers tbf

Unread 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Crumps

£#%&!ing Rodders has body slammed the Nuthurst Nonce/Broadhurst Bitter big time.

He could do with drowning his sorrows, that is if there any £#%&!ing pubs left in New Oldham*.

*That's what I am changing it's name to.

Unread 03-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Rorschach

FC United Board responds:

Don't worry pal.
You weren't our first choice either.
Still looking forward to shitting in your garden though.

Unread 03-05-2012, 09:31 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
FC United Board responds:

Don't worry pal.
You weren't our first choice either.
Still looking forward to shitting in your garden though.
That's my election speech for next year. No wum

Unread 03-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
That's my election speech for next year. No wum
You have my vote sir.

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Cream

Got to change the name to Moston United.

Or FC United of Moston.

£#%&!ing piss take if they don't.

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem

Or FC United of Moston.

Not sure if on crack.

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Cream

Quote:
Not sure if on crack.
If there's one thing Moston needs - it's a raised profile.

Rename club or GTFO.

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:10 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
If there's one thing Moston needs - it's a raised profile.

Rename club or GTFO.
moston is in manchester pol

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
moston is in manchester pol
So?

Tottenham is in London.

They want a home there, they want to give something back to Moston, what better way to show solidarity?

Yeah, the more I think of it the more I'm sure it's the right thing to do.

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:24 AM
red in cumbria

Anyway, what was the result??

Unread 04-05-2012, 04:30 AM
sub three hours

Quote:

Or FC United of Moston.

Actually i would find that far more palatable.

Unread 04-05-2012, 05:43 AM
no fun

result

Paul Murphy Labour 1801
Bob Hill Independent 930
HCH Hill Conservative 257
Gareth Black British National Party 251
Barnaby Wolfram Green 111

bnp candidate called black

Unread 04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbnuts

Sorry ssg2 , u got the brunt of my outburst there I didn't know he was a blue @#%&! , didn't know there were any blues left in our shithole moston , yes its a shit hole but ur only allowed to say so if u live here, its like being in school , u hate it but u always scrap like fook against other schools as ur only allowed 2 slag of ur own school. I

Anyway sub3 u blue spaz meet me on broadhurst fields forcourt at 9pm I'm gonna leather ya till u love me, it will b the worst hiding uve had since u told ur family that u were a blue, u will feel the pain that ur familys felt since the day u told them u were a blue.
No worries you #@&%!

Unread 04-05-2012, 07:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
result

Paul Murphy Labour 1801
Bob Hill Independent 930
HCH Hill Conservative 257
Gareth Black British National Party 251
Barnaby Wolfram Green 111

bnp candidate called black