Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:09 AM
BarryX

Phil ' Zoolander' Jones

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

He isn't a defender either.

Get Rafael in at RB and play Jones in midfield or not at all.

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:11 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Agreed.

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:11 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:

He was awful yesterday. All this dicking about with his position is doing him no favours short term though. His best performances have come at RB, I know you don't think so, but it's true. His 4 or 5 appearances in cm have yielded 1 or 2 decent performances at most. He's nowhere near as good as Rafael at RB though, and I'd probably pick Fabio there before him too.

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was awful yesterday. All this dicking about with his position is doing him no favours short term though. His best performances have come at RB though. I know you don't think so, but it's true. His 4 or 5 appearances in cm have yielded 1 or 2 decent performances at most.
Because it isn't, can't be arsed arguing this point with you any more, you'll never admit it as you so nailed your colours to his being a CB early on.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get him in midfield soon enough, think it'd have made sense to do so yesterday, with Rafael going to RB tbh.

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:16 AM
dunk

Quote:
Because it isn't, can't be arsed arguing this point with you any more, you'll never admit it as you so nailed your colours to his being a CB early on.
If he's so good in CM, why is it the position he's been picked in the least? I still think he'll be a CB long term.

All his early season promising performances came from RB.

You'll never admit it as you so nailed your colours to his being a CM early on.

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
If he's so good in CM, why is it the position he's been picked in the least?

All his early season promising performances came from RB.

You'll never admit it as you so nailed your colours to his being a CM early on.
So, do you think he's a RB, not a CB as you did so vehemently earlier in the season?

As to his best performances being at RB, he does much better going forward than defensively in that position, tbh he looks a bit of a liablity wherever he plays in defence I suspect he's played there 'cos we've had constant injuries there and he's had to.

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
So, do you think he's a RB, not a CB as you did so vehemently earlier in the season?

As to his best performances being at RB, he does much better going forward than defensively in that position, tbh he looks a bit of a liablity wherever he plays in defence I suspect he's played there 'cos we've had constant injuries there and he's had to.
No, I think his best performances have come from RB, that he will be a CB and is capable of doing a job in CM, if necessary, but that he shouldn't be in the team atm ideally. I love his drive and enthusiasm and it's tempting to have him in the side purely for that.

The injuries in midfield have been every bit as bad as defence, he's still been picked in defence in all but 5 or 6 games. Says it all tbh. He'd rather play Park in CM that Jones even when he has defenders on the bench.

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
No, I think his best performances have come from RB, that he will be a CB and is capable of doing a job in CM, if necessary, but that he shouldn't be in the team atm ideally. I love his drive and enthusiasm and it's tempting to have him in the side purely for that.

The injuries in midfield have been every bit as bad as defence, he's still been picked in defence in all but 5 or 6 games. Says it all tbh. He'd rather play Park in CM that Jones even when he has defenders on the bench.
Defensively? We are definitely watching a different player then 'cos to me, the defending aspect of his game has consistently been the weakest part of his game. I s'pose we'll just have to continue to differ on this.

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
Defensively? We are definitely watching a different player then 'cos to me, the defending aspect of his game has consistently been the weakest part of his game. I s'pose we'll just have to continue to differ on this.
His defending needs improving, no doubt, probably why he keeps being in played in defence.

Unread 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Zorg

Just post daft pictures ffs.

Unread 05-03-2012, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Just post daft pictures ffs.

Father Christmas

Zorg

Quote:

Unread 05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
signed dc

He's like a hybrid of Dean Gafney & Mongo from Blazing Saddles

Unread 05-03-2012, 12:58 PM
carlosartorial

Dunk and Bedders ffs.

"What a funny thread, let's shootcrew the £#%&! out of it"

Unread 05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Unread 05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Dunk and Bedders ffs.

"What a funny thread, let's shootcrew the £#%&! out of it"
Hey, i moved on, why bring it back up ffs.

Unread 05-03-2012, 01:06 PM
naes_sean

Unread 05-03-2012, 01:55 PM
elhombre

Closed Thread