United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Main > Main Forum
Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2011, 07:58 AM
no fun

Default Re: can anyone Recommend a really nice restaurant in Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
That's the 2nd time I've heard that recently.
what, that stoney goes to san carlo twice a week ?

Old 21-10-2011, 08:00 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Gaucho - great but pricey
Stock - I thought it was quality and not too expensive
Grill on the Alley - Same as Gaucho
Nandos

Old 21-10-2011, 08:04 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
That's the 2nd time I've heard that recently.
its true, they have let standards slip.

Old 21-10-2011, 08:05 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
its true, they have let standards slip.
with the greatest respect, as someone who didnt use a knife and fork until you were 30, who are you to judge ?

Old 21-10-2011, 08:08 AM
forzagarza

You know I'd love to have never actually experienced nice things. It's such a burden round my neck and if I hadn't I could actually go to somwhere like Gaucho and think it was good because I wouldn't know any better.

Only self loathing brits would eat at Gaucho. Sad aspect of the anti English sentiment in Manchester.

Old 21-10-2011, 08:20 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
with the greatest respect, as someone who didnt use a knife and fork until you were 30, who are you to judge ?
you are a cheeky f***. You will be having your meals through a straw if you carry on. The pegseller could be visiting you and hark in the near future

Old 21-10-2011, 08:24 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
you are a cheeky f***. You will be having your meals through a straw if you carry on. The pegseller could be visiting you and hark in the near future
ooh a paddy resorting to violence, theres a surprise

you should take a leaf out of brenner and J's book, fully integrated into english society rather than continuing to wear blue suits and fight in pub car parks

Old 21-10-2011, 08:27 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I quite like the Market Restraunt in the Northern Quarter. The food is really good quality, its not extortionate and the staff could not be more helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Reviewed by Jay Raynor a week or so ago. He said it summed up Manchester restaurant wise
On a side point am I the only person who utterly detests Jay Rayner? He constantly pulls a face like someone has wiped shit under his nose.

Old 21-10-2011, 08:34 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I quite like the Market Restraunt in the Northern Quarter. The food is really good quality, its not extortionate and the staff could not be more helpful.

On a side point am I the only person who utterly detests Jay Rayner? He constantly pulls a face like someone has wiped shit under his nose.

I find him quite honest and down to earth and he doesn't give a shit as long as something tastes good. Certainly not a snob.

Old 21-10-2011, 08:35 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver

thats the only one ive been to in the northern quarter, it was ok
Closed Thread