United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:48 PM
The Watcher

Cool Dave Chappelle's Block Party, last night on BBC2

Anyone else see this? f***ing brilliant. Some great acts - Erykah Badu, The Roots, Mos Def etc. But nothing could touch The Fugees at the end! Lauryn Hill was simply amazing. Fair play to Chappelle for organising it.

Cheers for the heads up pubes, really enjoyed it.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

bastard! i missed this!

is it repeated do you know?

Old 12-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Lok

I've got it on DVD and it is quality. Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, The Fugees, Eryka Badu, The Roots, Dead Prez, Jill Scott, Kanye West... The list of acts was endless. That would have been one awesome show to see live. Badu (she rips her wig off!) and Jill Scott were awesome. Great to see the Fugees together to.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Baron

That Mos Def / Talib Kweli & Roots section was immense. Missed the first half, saw it from when he 'battled' the Mr T look a like, funny as f***

Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Whalefish

Not much of a hippity hop fan tbh but have had it on DVD for a while now. It's well worth getting if you missed it last night.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
The Watcher

Think I might have to pick the DVD up. Does it have extra footage?

I really liked the bit with Wyclef and those kids. "If I Was President"

Would loved to have been there. That was some line up.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Think I might have to pick the DVD up. Does it have extra footage?

I really liked the bit with Wyclef and those kids. "If I Was President"

Would loved to have been there. That was some line up.
I've only seen the DVD version, I'm not sure what they showed last night. On the DVD it has some on the road bits where Chappelle visits his home town. Also has the marching band on tour thing. Apparently the music scenes are extended too.

You can get the DVD for 6 here: http://www.choicesuk.com/Product.aspx/!682110

Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
I've only seen the DVD version, I'm not sure what they showed last night. On the DVD it has some on the road bits where Chappelle visits his home town. Also has the marching band on tour thing. Apparently the music scenes are extended too.

Cheers fella. Will get that ordered tonight.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:37 PM
dodger

Too many blacks

Old 12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher

good man! didn't know it was on dvd.

have some rep...
Closed Thread