Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs up BBC1 - 10.45pm

Minority Report. Top film

Old 10-03-2007, 08:41 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

f***ing shit. Spielberg attempt at an "adult" sci-fi movie is total ****. Starts off ok, but as usual, he completely shits himself at thought of doing anything controversial, so cops out with a nice happy ending that makes no f***ing sense.

You're better of downloading Blade Runner or Brazil.

Last edited by The Watcher; 10-03-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Ed Sullivan

We'll have to disagree, I find Min. Report massively entertaining as a fast paced sci-fi. You're right about Bladerunner of course but I found Brazil tedious ... I know what it was trying to do and it was groundbreaking as far as it was a satirical science fiction film, I just didn't enjoy it.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Johnny Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
f***ing shit. Spielberg attempt at an "adult" sci-fi movie is total want. Starts off ok, but as usual, he completely shits himself at thought of doing anything controversial, so cops out with a nice happy ending that makes no f***ing sense.

You're better of downloading Blade Runner or Brazil.
I agree that the ending lets it down. Typical Speilberg.

"Oh shit, this looks bad. Um, I'll just give it a hapy ending."

War of the Worlds was the same.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden

now that was shit.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:51 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward p****hands
We'll have to disagree, I find Min. Report massively entertaining as a fast paced sci-fi. You're right about Bladerunner of course but I found Brazil tedious ... I know what it was trying to do and it was groundbreaking as far as it was a satirical science fiction film, I just didn't enjoy it.
Fair enough, love Brazil myself. I'm a huge fan of Terry Gilliam though!

But Minority Report was such a huge disappointment. I actually followed its development closely, as it seemed to have allot of potential. But, typical spielberg, it had to have a typical hollywood happy ending!

***spoiler***
Would have been a much better film if the fella he found actually [i]had[/i] killed his son and cruise shoots him. Would have been more profound. But instead we get some elaborate shite which ends in the cruise character getting back with his wife (who's f***ing pregnant at the end!) and all the pre cogs live happily ever after Load of shite.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
Truely pathetic. The scene with the aliens looking for cruise and the kid in the house. Almost exactly the same as the scene in Jurrasic Park with the rators in the kitchen!

The man's a f***ing fraud. He has both the talent and power to make any movie he wants. But all we get is middle of the road shit.
Closed Thread