United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Main > Main Forum
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 06:01 PM
les vagas

Question sky + help needed

my sky box has just gone tits up!! rang sky and they say 65 to fix old box or 159 for sky plus installed
there was athread on here telling you how to get it free any ideas?
already told them im off to virgin media but they were not budging
any advice welcome

Old 09-03-2007, 06:23 PM
sudored

Quote:
Originally Posted by les vagas
my sky box has just gone tits up!! rang sky and they say 65 to fix old box or 159 for sky plus installed
any advice welcome

u have to ask to be put threw to cancelations, tell them ur not happy and u want to cancel say u r going to go to virgin media, the may call ur bluff at this point but stay strong the will offer u a deal, say also that u like the idea of virgins new boxs u can record on and pause live tv. even if the do cancel u it takes 30 days for it to go threw in which time u can ring up and change ur mind.let us know how u get on

Old 09-03-2007, 06:29 PM
les vagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudored
u have to ask to be put threw to cancelations, tell them ur not happy and u want to cancel say u r going to go to virgin media, the may call ur bluff at this point but stay strong the will offer u a deal, say also that u like the idea of virgins new boxs u can record on and pause live tv. even if the do cancel u it takes 30 days for it to go threw in which time u can ring up and change ur mind.let us know how u get on
cheers mate gonna try it out now!!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:29 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
any advice welcome
so the box they gave you is now f***ed? hmm! you should ask them why the gear they supply you with is not more durable. (it's not as if the box f***in moves, is it? ) tell them to replace it or you'll cancel your contract. same happened with my dads sky. told them to replace it or we would take the 40 + that we spend with a month, to a company that values their customers. that should do it. cheeky f***ers! nft.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:47 PM
chorleyred

i'm sure they'll be laughing at you on the other end of the phone when you threaten them with virgin

Old 09-03-2007, 06:49 PM
chorleyred

just go on ebay and buy a box if it comes to it, if it's not sky+ you'll pick one up for f*** all

Old 09-03-2007, 06:56 PM
les vagas

jobs a good un!!! rang up and cancelled then got put through to customer services got told they can sort me for 50 quid for sky + told them i was still gonna cancel then they said i can have it for free!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:59 PM
chorleyred

i got 6 months half price with the last thread on here about it, just noticed it went back up this month, wonder if they will back down a 2nd time?

Old 09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
sudored

Quote:
jobs a good un!!! rang up and cancelled then got put through to customer services got told they can sort me for 50 quid for sky + told them i was still gonna cancel then they said i can have it for free!!!

haha works evertime
i got my sky plus for 9.99 which pisses me off u got it for nowt

Old 09-03-2007, 07:02 PM
chorleyred

well I got mine for 200 when it first came out so you can all f*** off
Closed Thread