United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2010, 10:31 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What do you make of Chamakh? He seems to lack something for me, thought he might be the answer to them as a top striker (Van Persie is always injured and I wouldn't say he's an out and out striker).
He seems like the quality you'd excpect of a free transfer from the french league to me. Another Wenger masterstroke. The papers are building up Arsenal again I see. Doesn't take much.

Unread 26-10-2010, 10:41 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruntyboy
All competitions:

Played: 13
Penalties: for: 9 (3 missed) against: 2 (both missed)
Sendings off: for: 3 (of which 2 were in stoppage time) against: 5
References to 'young and inexperienced team' by Wenger: 8
References to 'joy to wach' on MOTD: 6
Comments by anyone that Arsenal's Pat Rice looks a bit like he has down's: 0

Unread 26-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Baron

I'd like to see how many of those sendings off were near the end of the game, they keep possession very well, teams are usually knackered & as such mistakes / mis-timed tackles / annoyance factors highly. They also have a midfield capable of a decent through ball now & again & professional fouls occur as a result as on Sunday.

I struggle to see the issue when anyone debates Arsenals football - it's never so much the game they play, as opposed to the media fawning that gets people's goat on here.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:34 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What do you make of Chamakh? He seems to lack something for me, thought he might be the answer to them as a top striker (Van Persie is always injured and I wouldn't say he's an out and out striker).
i prefer bendtner tbh, think he's a good prospect but not really suited to arsenal's style. chamakh doesn't look like a natural athlete to me, every time i've seen him he looks like he's borrowed somebody else's legs. think it will be another example of wenger's unerring ability to spot players who are not quite good enough and pay about £10m for them.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:34 AM
andyroo

Chamakh was a Bosman wasn't he?

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i prefer bendtner tbh, think he's a good prospect but not really suited to arsenal's style. chamakh doesn't look like a natural athlete to me, every time i've seen him he looks like he's borrowed somebody else's legs. think it will be another example of wenger's unerring ability to spot players who are not quite good enough and pay about £10m for them.

& Bendtner, he's a #@&%! but he's already scored 50 league goals, pretty decent return for a 22 year old.

His 35 year old Danish Princess bird is fit as well... (she's worth £400m the jammy @#%&!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Chamakh was a Bosman wasn't he?
Yup. Plenty tried to sign him the year before for £10m but he just saw out his deal & £#%&!ed off to Arsenal.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:47 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper

From what i recall none of the decisions for Arsenal (penalties or red cards) were that outrageous this year
chamakh dived the other week. anyone who thinks neville g should have been sent off should look at some of the stoke tackles (scissors on nani for example). they persistently fouled the pea as well.

wenger doesn't seem to able to stop his own players being sent off.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:58 AM
jem

dive v birmingham. they would probably have lost. eboue should have been sent off too. should have said wenger can't stop his team committing offences for which they ought to be sent off.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
You seem to be arguing against yourself to be honest.

From what i recall none of the decisions for Arsenal (penalties or red cards) were that outrageous this year, only the scale but like previous posters have said they're probably more likely to be fouled with their style of football.

I think sosme people forget the decisions we get, Neville being a prime example on Sunday.
neville should never have been booked in the first place, so therefore it's wrong to say that he should've been sent off

he should probably have got a yellow card. and he did.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:44 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
neville should never have been booked in the first place, so therefore it's wrong to say that he should've been sent off

Stoke have nothing to feel hard done by over. The referee had an appalling game. The worst kind, in my opinion. Wimpy, cowardly refereeing. Yes, they make mistakes, that's a given, but he just dug a hole for himself and had no conviction in his own judgement and ended up 'evening things out'. He made all his own problems.
He got the first Neville booking wrong. He knows that and that's why he didn't book him the second time, but instead of standing by his decision and, you know, doing his job, he is perfectly willing to make a second mistake just to cover himself......then a third by not booking Delap straight afterwards because the crowd were very loud.....

...at half time I thought 'this guy could now do anything!'. I expected either a stone-wall penalty for us to be turned down, or a nothing penalty to be given to Stoke. It was the former.

Look at the whole game, and he got numerous decisions wrong (starting by not booking Faye early on for a sliding tackle, nowhere near the ball. Standard booking) the majority of which favoured Stoke.

Look at the difference later on in the City game where Clattenberg* makes quick, decisive (and correct) calls and isn't influenced by the crowd or any kind of agenda.

*Best of a bad bunch of refs in this league, IMO. Reputation ruined by that horror show Mersey derby and the whole gambling thing, but he's consistently the best and certainly better than the overrated Howard Webb.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Then again, being on a yellow he shouldn't have gone steaming in like that.

When Delap shoved Evra over though, if that was Arse there'd have been a peno. NQAT.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:51 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Then again, being on a yellow he shouldn't have gone steaming in like that.

When Delap shoved Evra over though, if that was Arse there'd have been a peno. NQAT.
I dunno about that but if Evra had done it to Delap at Old Trafford and nothing was given the conspiracy theorists would be raging.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

clattenburg's a £#%&!ing joke tbh. held that view for a few seasons now and not really noticed any improvement in him because of that. now you mention it though yeah maybe he is amongst the best of a bad bunch

didn't think evra's was worth a pen tbh even if it could've been given. that decision was nowhere near as bad as evra's decision to appeal for handball instead of playing on later in the game, put it like that.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Cream

here's a statistic you might find interesting :

100% of arsenal fans are @#%&!s, especially the famous ones (101%). arsene wenger is a @#%&!. Percy Van Rapie is a @#%&!. Grabfairbrass is a spick spack sp@#%&!.

£#%&! OFF. BORING team, BORING thread.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:57 PM
andyroo

Celebrity Arsenal fans are always irritating berks who don't actually like football. Without exception.

They're ALL Piers Morgan.

I bet Simon £#%&!ing Cowell supports them too.

The utter @#%&!.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:09 PM
borsuk

tbf, if arsenal hadn't invented football this forum probably wouldn't even exist.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:21 PM
dodger

Quote:
didn't think evra's was worth a pen tbh even if it could've been given. that decision was nowhere near as bad as evra's decision to appeal for handball instead of playing on later in the game, put it like that.
Evra's in shocking form and showing no sign iof improvement. Was he moved to left wing because we're short there to keep him away from the defence?

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I'd like to see how many of those sendings off were near the end of the game, they keep possession very well, teams are usually knackered & as such mistakes / mis-timed tackles / annoyance factors highly. They also have a midfield capable of a decent through ball now & again & professional fouls occur as a result as on Sunday.

I struggle to see the issue when anyone debates Arsenals football - it's never so much the game they play, as opposed to the media fawning that gets people's goat on here.
The one they got against Blackpool was early on in the game, and ridiculously soft

Unread 26-10-2010, 02:06 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
clattenburg's a £#%&!ing joke tbh. held that view for a few seasons now and not really noticed any improvement in him because of that. now you mention it though yeah maybe he is amongst the best of a bad bunch

I think it was. Delap was quite 'cute' about it, but Evra was ahead of him, away and it was a shove in the back. If Delap was coming from the side, you could say he's easing him out of it or whatever, but the fact that Evra is goalside of him is crucial. My point was more that the ref (was it Mariner, btw?) got numerous decisions wrong (and some of them 'intentionally'), but only one actually went against Stoke, but because it was one that would've resulted in a red card, they'll harp on and play the victim.

Unread 26-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The one they got against Blackpool was early on in the game, and ridiculously soft
was that the Chamakh one? He was an appalling @#%&! with that, almost Pires-esque in throwing your boot into another player to induce the contact.
Closed Thread