United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 01-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Zorg

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Isn't that Top Red Egg out of This Life?

Looks great that tbf.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:45 PM
boreez

really liked it.

I'm so happy they're not the fast zombies.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:32 PM
boreez

they started running in last night's episode. not sure how I feel about that.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez View Post
they started running in last night's episode. not sure how I feel about that.
Scared me.

I'd be f***ed.

***spoiler***
[IMG]http://www.horror-movies.ca/watermark.php?filename=poster_zombieland-cardio.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-11-2010, 03:34 PM
boreez

They weren't the super fast running into brick walls zombies.

But it's called the Walking Dead not the Power Walking Dead or Jogging Dead.

It's really not on.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Grimson

I noticed that - they did seem to be able to shift into second gear.

Climbing a ladder did appear beyond them though.

I'm not well-versed enough in the zombie genre to understand a few things....

What happens to the zombies if they DONT eat? They have such a powerful, insane reaction to living flesh...will they 'die' for real if they don't feed? They outnumber the survivors by such a huge margin that surely 90% are not going to get to taste living human flesh....so what happens to them?

Old 09-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Dueling Banjos

2nd Season confirmed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...d-season-42931

Old 09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
I noticed that - they did seem to be able to shift into second gear.

Climbing a ladder did appear beyond them though.

I'm not well-versed enough in the zombie genre to understand a few things....

What happens to the zombies if they DONT eat? They have such a powerful, insane reaction to living flesh...will they 'die' for real if they don't feed? They outnumber the survivors by such a huge margin that surely 90% are not going to get to taste living human flesh....so what happens to them?
Those exact same questions were posed in David Moody's recent novel "Dog Blood". Worth a read.

Most zombie fiction (though not all) has treated zombies eating human flesh as a complusion the zombie can't resist, but not a necessity. In otherwords, zombies can live without eating and get no nutritional value from the flesh they consume. That is not always the case though, such as in Breathers: A Zombie's Lament, where eating human flesh made the zombies healthier and stronger.

Old 15-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Grimson

I thought there was a big drop-off in quality in episode 2. Episode 3, though, was very good.

***spoiler***
only 1 zombie in the whole thing. Looks like the human problems are going to start taking front and center

Old 15-11-2010, 09:17 AM
The Watcher

Exclamation Re: The Walking Dead

I too was disappointed with the second episode, after a great pilot. Came across as just another network show at times and far too predictable: the redneck, rain washing away their camouflage, Rick’s former partner dealing with his Mrs...etc. No doubt the redneck will saw his hand off to escape and turn up in the penultimate episode bent on revenge But it does have Zombies in it and the season is only six episodes long, so worth sticking with.

Incidentally, poppy’s now one of my favourite posters, after dropping some serious Zombie knowledge in this thread. Excellent work Sir.

Last edited by The Watcher; 15-11-2010 at 04:14 PM.