United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Old 28-02-2018, 07:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Tapping?? Explain more pal
Tapping 'pressure points' or 'energy points' (can't remember what she called them now ) while thinking of the problem. Had to do it a few times for each problem and then rate how distressing the problem seemed after each time (from 1-10), don't know how but it did reduce the distress of each problem and had an absolute cracking sleep last night (which was something I'd struggle with because I'd start thinking of the problems as soon as I went to bed)

I'm not one for all this energy stuff tbh and I'm still scratching my head as to how it's helped but feeling pretty damn good today so just taking it at face value and trying not to overthinking it too much

If anyone is struggling with anxiety or depression I'd recommend it tbh, might not be for every one but really has helped me so far (even though it's only been one day)

Old 28-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Friend of mine topped himself back in 2004.

Some people who knew him said they were surprised because in the previous few days he had appeared to be "on the mend". As you say, that's often the most dangerous time
Indeed the bad days hit a lot harder if youíve just had a few good ones on the bounce. The thought of sliding back to where you were can be too much. The one thing after all I look back on is Iíve never known anything so f***ing knackering. Worst type of knackered though as itís rarely joined by even an hours sleep.

Old 23-03-2018, 01:04 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I feel this is a topic I can approach on here with an eye on sound advice. I am 34 with a pretty good life. But the past few years have really taken their toll on me. Moving cities, another child, taking on more work to make ends meet. The past few months have been really difficult and I don't know the warning signs of depression.

This week all I've wanted to do is cry. A simple human emotion, but on a day like today I am boiling up inside and I want to put my head through a brick wall. My wife and I are constantly sniping at one another and it came to a point last night where I said something horrific (well, not in the context of what is said on here) Of course it was the heat of the moment but I just shut off my inner filter and vented.

I love her more than I can possibly describe but I don't think she quite understands where I am coming from. I am not happy, I am overworked, I feel I have no privacy with her parents constantly round, my parenting is continuously questioned and I am having trouble sleeping. Part of me feels I would be better off on my own as my mood rubs off on people and no one wants to be around me.

Sorry for the incoherent rambling. Am I best speaking to someone? Therapist or doctor? I just don't know what to do with myself anymore.
Shag her mam

Old 23-03-2018, 01:10 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
my parenting is continuously questioned
imagine what Magic has been feeling the last few weeks and

Old 23-03-2018, 01:26 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
imagine what Magic has been feeling the last few weeks and

Old 23-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Shag her mam
Had he deleted his post? I can't find it.

Anyway, my advice would be to show his missus the post. That way she would understand, and maybe tell her parents to ease off.

The other option would be to put your foot down. You are dad, the breadwinner, demand time alone and silent foot massages.

I watched a drama on Isis recruits recently and the wife of an ISIS fighters woke him up with a breakfast platter, employing the salutation: "Good morning, my lion".

Ever since, that's how Louise greets me with my morning brew, before heading off for work.

I'm typing this from my bed. It's naptime, best of luck.

Old 23-03-2018, 02:13 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Had he deleted his post? I can't find it.

Anyway, my advice would be to show his missus the post. That way she would understand, and maybe tell her parents to ease off.

The other option would be to put your foot down. You are dad, the breadwinner, demand time alone and silent foot massages.

I watched a drama on Isis recruits recently and the wife of an ISIS fighters woke him up with a breakfast platter, employing the salutation: "Good morning, my lion".

Ever since, that's how Louise greets me with my morning brew, before heading off for work.

I'm typing this from my bed. It's naptime, best of luck.
With her accent you sure sheís not saying my lying c***?

Old 23-03-2018, 02:20 PM
naes_sean

best thing to do mate is to talk it out with the wife. Let her know how you feel about her, work/money, and her parents being around. Tough when you keep it bottled up like you have been. good luck