United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2010, 08:03 PM
suedeshoes

Default Re: TIDs (4) #2 - Suedeshoes

I meant to add 'Have you read his 'poetry'?'. Jesus it's bad. Top rock-star tho and a cool looking muthaf***a.

Old 28-09-2010, 08:07 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
observing
And interupting.

Ban him.

Old 28-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Brenner

Default The Coral - Put The Sun Back

I went when I was there as a 21 year old back in 1991, random c***s sat on his headstone reading aloud, or lay on his tombstone, crying or smoking biftas...think the authorities were trying to sort out an alternative burial site when the lease runs out. Didn't bother with his poetry.

Your fourth track is by Scouse c***s The Coral from their 2007 album Roots & Echoes, tell us the reasons behind this choice...

Old 28-09-2010, 08:17 PM
suedeshoes

Probably my favourite current band. Went to see them when they first started and have followed them since. I've always liked a simple 4 or 5 piece Northern guitar band playing 60's-tinged pop songs and The Coral do it very well. I like everything about them except for their accents.

They always took a coachload of mates with em and gigs tended to have a crowd of scouse urchins skinning-up all over the shop and generally being scouse urchins. My distaste for them was tempered by the fact that it reminded me of when we'd done similar following the Roses and Northside about and seeing locals faces when 60 young Mancs piled into their gaff.

I went to see em in Leicester when they toured their second album. The coachload of scouse scallies was in full attendance and me and a mate watched with amusement as they ran the bouncers and the bar-staff ragged.
The bouncers had already thrown these two particular lads out twice (for smoking weed) but the band just let em back in each time. I stood and watched the bouncers look of satisfaction after the second time, a look that disappeared 5 minutes later when the same two scouse rats appeared onstage with guitar and bass. They played a storming set that night as they usually do.

I play the Coral a lot and and just brings back memories of being with my family out-and-about or wherever really.

Old 28-09-2010, 08:21 PM
suedeshoes

Brilliant album Roots and Echoes. Was playing it today. Better than their new one, which critics have called their best. It's not. (its really good tho) Roots and Echoes is (Their debuts a classic as well tbh).

Old 28-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Brenner

Despite their origins I like them too, I think they supported Oasis at Maine Road in 1996...?

edit: wrong gig I think, it was Wastelands 2005

Last edited by Brenner; 28-09-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Old 28-09-2010, 08:27 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Despite their origins I like them too, I think they supported Oasis at Maine Road in 1996...?
They've supported Oasis a few times. I never saw Oasis beyond the launch party for their debut album. They did a gig at the Hacienda and it was a fantastic gig tbf. I jibbed backstage and had a smoke with Johnny Marr (before being turfed quick-smart back front-stage by a bouncer). It was the 3rd time I'd seen em and it was obvious they were gonna be massive.

I never listened to them beyond their first album. They went downhill pretty fast.

And The Coral are miles better than em.Obv.

Old 28-09-2010, 08:29 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner

edit: wrong gig I think, it was Wastelands 2005
I think The Coral were all about 8 in 1996.

Old 28-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Brenner

Default Earliest United Experiences

Time to take a break from the tunes at the halfway stage then Sueders, fill us in on your earliest United memories....

Old 28-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I think The Coral were all about 8 in 1996.
Closed Thread