United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 13-08-2010, 07:58 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Re: Keith's Walking Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Yep - love a bit of walking in the summer myself. Have regular meet ups with friends to go different places. Very underrated - and very enjoyable. Find a bit of music helps as well.
of the ceremonial, sectarian, triumphalist kind is it?

Old 13-08-2010, 08:03 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
of the ceremonial, sectarian, triumphalist kind is it?

Old 13-08-2010, 08:05 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I may be the only person to post on it but so what, i'll have a good time on my ron todd

anything walking related welcome eg picture of your coat, nice routes, accessories, walking news, etc

I bought this jacket the other day:

What do people reckon? [Nathsty]

Will update this with details of decent walks I've done as we go along.
Ray mears would fuck you up for that jacket as the colour of your gear should be in sympathy with the surroundings - your an urban visual vandal.

Can I suggest you off load it to wee man - bright orange would go down a treat on his purely cultural walks.

Old 13-08-2010, 08:10 PM
big chief

Bear Grylls lives on an island just off Abersoch. Cheshire-on-Sea

Old 13-08-2010, 08:22 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Re: Keith's Walkinwinksg Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
Bear Grylls lives on an island just off Abersoch. Cheshire-on-Sea
fucking hate abersoch more cunts per square inch than murkeydive. Stayed at a fantastic campsite about 10 miles north - lamstidstudstadway or some such - the couple who run it he was about 6ft 5 and she was a 3ft dwarf. Hell of a site (and sight) for anyone with kiddlywinks.

Old 13-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
fucking hate abersoch more cunts per square inch than murkeydive. Stayed at a fantastic campsite about 10 miles north - lamstidstudstadway or some such - the couple who run it he was about 6ft 5 and she was a 3ft dwarf. Hell of a site (and sight) for anyone with kiddlywinks.

Proper hoo-ray Henry types! We have a caravan in abersoch and it boils my piss! 19yr old kids thinking they in Malibu beach driving around in stupid pick-ups/landrovers/VW campers daddy has bought them! Every fucking one of em a 'rugger-bugger' the fights are something to behold!

Old 13-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Proper hoo-ray Henry types! We have a caravan in abersoch and it boils my piss! 19yr old kids thinking they in Malibu beach driving around in stupid pick-ups/landrovers/VW campers daddy has bought them! Every fucking one of em a 'rugger-bugger' the fights are something to behold!
The Welsh never, I repeat never, call it rugger. Rugger is something middle class english boys play, Welshmen play rugby.

Old 13-08-2010, 08:54 PM
big chief

Quote:
True. i was there a few weeks back, & it was full of teens. Got a camper van, so we stayed in a place a few miles out of town, nant y big. great campsite. we were the only funkers there, elevated on the peninsular looking over the sea, with a quality beach.

great for walking if you head up towards Nefyn

Old 13-08-2010, 09:09 PM
captain scarlet

Very keen walkist. Used to love running but back injury interfered with play. Up until that I never realised how walking could be so enjoyable and fitness building to any great degree.

Old 13-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
The Welsh never, I repeat never, call it rugger. Rugger is something middle class english boys play, Welshmen play rugby.
Have you ever been to Abersoch

I was alluding to the Cheshire-set who invade about 7pm every Friday, not the welsh!!

I was agreeing with the original poster that abersoch is up it's own arse, primarily because it is frequented by the alderley-edge set as a 'weekend retreat'

I'm not one of them but we are on the Warren dahrling!