United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 13-08-2010, 06:58 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Re: Keith's Walking Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Yep - love a bit of walking in the summer myself. Have regular meet ups with friends to go different places. Very underrated - and very enjoyable. Find a bit of music helps as well.
of the ceremonial, sectarian, triumphalist kind is it?

Old 13-08-2010, 07:03 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
of the ceremonial, sectarian, triumphalist kind is it?

Old 13-08-2010, 07:05 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I may be the only person to post on it but so what, i'll have a good time on my ron todd

anything walking related welcome eg picture of your coat, nice routes, accessories, walking news, etc

I bought this jacket the other day:

What do people reckon? [Nathsty]

Will update this with details of decent walks I've done as we go along.
Ray mears would f*** you up for that jacket as the colour of your gear should be in sympathy with the surroundings - your an urban visual vandal.

Can I suggest you off load it to wee man - bright orange would go down a treat on his purely cultural walks.

Old 13-08-2010, 07:10 PM
big chief

Bear Grylls lives on an island just off Abersoch. Cheshire-on-Sea

Old 13-08-2010, 07:22 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Re: Keith's Walkinwinksg Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
Bear Grylls lives on an island just off Abersoch. Cheshire-on-Sea
f***ing hate abersoch more c***s per square inch than murkeydive. Stayed at a fantastic campsite about 10 miles north - lamstidstudstadway or some such - the couple who run it he was about 6ft 5 and she was a 3ft dwarf. Hell of a site (and sight) for anyone with kiddlywinks.

Old 13-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
f***ing hate abersoch more c***s per square inch than murkeydive. Stayed at a fantastic campsite about 10 miles north - lamstidstudstadway or some such - the couple who run it he was about 6ft 5 and she was a 3ft dwarf. Hell of a site (and sight) for anyone with kiddlywinks.

Proper hoo-ray Henry types! We have a caravan in abersoch and it boils my piss! 19yr old kids thinking they in Malibu beach driving around in stupid pick-ups/landrovers/VW campers daddy has bought them! Every f***ing one of em a 'rugger-bugger' the fights are something to behold!

Old 13-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Proper hoo-ray Henry types! We have a caravan in abersoch and it boils my piss! 19yr old kids thinking they in Malibu beach driving around in stupid pick-ups/landrovers/VW campers daddy has bought them! Every f***ing one of em a 'rugger-bugger' the fights are something to behold!
The Welsh never, I repeat never, call it rugger. Rugger is something middle class english boys play, Welshmen play rugby.

Old 13-08-2010, 07:54 PM
big chief

Quote:
True. i was there a few weeks back, & it was full of teens. Got a camper van, so we stayed in a place a few miles out of town, nant y big. great campsite. we were the only funkers there, elevated on the peninsular looking over the sea, with a quality beach.

great for walking if you head up towards Nefyn

Old 13-08-2010, 08:09 PM
captain scarlet

Very keen walkist. Used to love running but back injury interfered with play. Up until that I never realised how walking could be so enjoyable and fitness building to any great degree.

Old 13-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
The Welsh never, I repeat never, call it rugger. Rugger is something middle class english boys play, Welshmen play rugby.
Have you ever been to Abersoch

I was alluding to the Cheshire-set who invade about 7pm every Friday, not the welsh!!

I was agreeing with the original poster that abersoch is up it's own arse, primarily because it is frequented by the alderley-edge set as a 'weekend retreat'

I'm not one of them but we are on the Warren dahrling!