United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer
Closed Thread
 
Old 20-07-2010, 11:03 AM
antonin jablonsky
 
Default Re: whistle protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
If McDonalds was the only thing left to eat in the world but you hated it I suppose you would eat it disapprovingly?
Not sure of your point?
 
Old 20-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Withers
 
Default Re: whistle protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not sure of your point?
That if you don't like McDonalds then you can eat something else, the same doesn't really apply with football, although technically it did for me.

The protests won't make a blind bit of difference, although I can see why people feel the need to do it.
 
Old 20-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Sloane
 
Default Re: whistle protest

that was an old firm members idea back in jan before he changed his mind and started attacking g&g'ers
 
Old 20-07-2010, 12:53 PM
believe
 
Default Re: whistle protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
that was an old firm members idea back in jan before he changed his mind and started attacking g&g'ers
tufty?
 
Old 20-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Sloane
 
Default Re: whistle protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
tufty?
wasnt he supporting somebody else back then?
 
Old 20-07-2010, 03:31 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!
 
Default Re: whistle protest

Interesting comment from one of the Journalists that the Vuvuzela's were starting to be banned from various clubs as they are worried the noise will drive away Sky/ESPN as there have been multiple issues with the sound at the World Cup.

67,000 Green and Gold Vuvuzela'a A-HOY!
 
Old 20-07-2010, 04:33 PM
wonky no
 
Default Re: whistle protest

the thing with whistles is they would disrupt the game as it would be hard to distinguish from the ref. they are easy to get in and can't be deemed as a weapon, where as you just know united will claim vuvu's could be.


antonin, i know what you mean but having said that, raising awareness is key to getting shut of the bastards. the G&G has taken off big time because the more militant supporters who go to games were wearing it first. it has snow balled and more and more fans got involved towards the end of the season.

plus the fact it's amazing how so few people actually understand just how much debt we are in and how exactly the debt is managed/mismanaged. just a word from a sky/bbc commentator makes such a huge difference and those watching at home might start to become more pro active in getting shut of them.

the more people who begin to understand that the price of their ticket isn't expensive because it's 'manchester united' but because of some unscrupulous foreign bastards debt, the more they will thgink twice about buying one.
 
Old 20-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default Re: whistle protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
just a word from a sky/bbc commentator makes such a huge difference
.
yeah i remember lineker and lynam mocking the anti Murdoch campaign on sportsnight
 
Old 20-07-2010, 05:34 PM
wonky no
 
Default Re: whistle protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yeah i remember lineker and lynam mocking the anti Murdoch campaign on sportsnight
see? sticks in your head doesn't it?
 
Old 20-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default Re: whistle protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
see? sticks in your head doesn't it?
yeah, but only as being completely irrelevant
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: whistle protest
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Final whistle Kim Jong-il Football 8 28-04-2008 12:06 PM
Final whistle Rossobianchi Football 3 20-04-2008 11:51 AM
The old whistle theft Tierra Del Fuego Off Topic 3 17-05-2007 07:52 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.