United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming
Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs down Re: Pro Evo 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
been playing the beta. as a die hard pes fan its the worst footy game I've ever played and the worst gaming experience of my life. just the biggest most broken piece of shit I have ever put time into. all those people saying its good are just liars who are trying to convince themselves its amazing.

the beta is a piece of shit. they say the demo in a few weeks is much better code and will play loads better. it f***ing better cos the defending in the beta is flat out broken.

I spent many years and ps1 + 2 controllers on PES. sad see to it's demise in this way. I almost know how liverpool fans must feel

Old 26-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Luffy

Default Re: Pro Evo 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

I spent many years and ps1 + 2 controllers on PES. sad see to it's demise in this way. I almost know how liverpool fans must feel
yeh, I even enjoyed PES 2010. I've owned one FIFA game since the megadrive and I sold that after few months, I'm PES through and through. Hang onto PES 2010 fellas cos if this is the new direction its a completely different game and it will never be the same!

I'm not exaggerating when I say its the worst gaming experience of my life. Absolutely hands down the most broken piece of shit I've ever bothered playing for more than an hour.

Put a few days into it in the end cos people kept saying "it will click it will click!" Will it f***! The more I played it the more I realised things weren't working! Bring on the demo with more recent code.

Old 26-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Poop

If last year is anything to go by the demo will be shit too. The finished game was drastically faster than it.

I'll be getting 2011. Bitter old c*** that I am I'll not be having any EA games in my collection.

The FIFA ****age makes me sick too, out of about 30 sequels they've only got four or five of them right.

They can f*** off.

Old 27-08-2010, 02:26 AM
pcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
If last year is anything to go by the demo will be shit too. The finished game was drastically faster than it.

I'll be getting 2011. Bitter old c*** that I am I'll not be having any EA games in my collection.

The FIFA ****age makes me sick too, out of about 30 sequels they've only got four or five of them right.

They can f*** off.
Whilst that sentiment may be true I think it's a little off the mark, probably all their sequels have hit the mark by progressing on their predecessor.

The problem is that although pro evo was ace and FIFA was shite it still outsold it, in the past 4 or 5 years both titles have tried to change that and started shifting towards each other, FIFA by improving the gameplay and Konami by trying to imitate the old FIFA, now Pro Evo plays like FIFA 03 or some such shite and FIFA plays like an old school pro evo, ie between 2 decent players it's a tough match where you have to use the ball and phil neville won't score a volley from 30 yards.

By buying PES 2011 you're just encouraging konami to keep on making shite football games rather than fixing pro evo, I bought fifa10 and that was the first fifa game i've owned since fifa 96, and the difference between fifa10 and pro evo 2010 is as big as it was the first time pro evo came out, just in the opposite direction this time

Old 11-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Poop

Demo is on PSN+. Anyone tried it yet?

The rest of us pikeys can try it next Wednesday.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Demo is on PSN+. Anyone tried it yet?

The rest of us pikeys can try it next Wednesday.
cant see it

edit: just seen the +

Old 11-09-2010, 11:29 AM
HollowmanVIII

Played the demo the other day. It's a big improvement without a doubt, the way the players move is more like fifa now, it's a more fluid game. Graphically it isn't a big step up from 2010, just slightly more polished perhaps.

The big letdown again is keepers, they just seem poor, I think they've always made errors with the keeper animations and there is a limit to what saves they can make.

It's always a gamble with PES online as well, always seems to be issues with the servers.

I'll probably stick to FIFA.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Ginners

signed up to this plus thing

its a lot better than last years. the passing/shooting is a lot better. graphics close up are really good but pretty poor otherwise.

i think the die hard pes fans will love it but i cant see many fifa fans being converted.

Old 15-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Poop

Demo is out. Just had my f***ing arse handed to me via an Ibrahimovic hat trick for Barca v Bayern. The new passing system is quite a departure from previous versiosn. Every second ball I played went astray or to a completely unintended team mate.

Plays beautifully smooth though and the top speed setting makes play blazing fast.

Haven't a f***ing clue what all the game plan options are about. Bit too in depth for a clueless armchair fan like me

Old 15-09-2010, 11:43 PM
eddie_red

Quote:
Demo is out. Just had my f***ing arse handed to me via an Ibrahimovic hat trick for Barca v Bayern. The new passing system is quite a departure from previous versiosn. Every second ball I played went astray or to a completely unintended team mate.

Plays beautifully smooth though and the top speed setting makes play blazing fast.

Haven't a f***ing clue what all the game plan options are about. Bit too in depth for a clueless armchair fan like me
I started the download at about 8.15 tonight. Three and a half hours later and it's at 68%.
Closed Thread