United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Redordead

Default Well one thing we all can agree on is we will know this summer if we have any transfer money

I believe we have and have argued that Benzema for example was too much and not keen, but regardless of the point of view they ( the owners ) will have to spend.

If they dont we have no money - their investment will suffer if they do not reassure/placate the fans with another 50 million or so being spent.

Will be interesting this summer

Old 12-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Barracuda

Default Re: Well one thing we all can agree on is we will know this summer if we have any transfer money

I've read before - no idea if it's true or not - that their business plan is based around a top four finish and getting as far as a Champions League quarter final.

If that is true then there's not a great deal of spending required to ensure that, it could even be argued the current squad could achieve that without any spending at all.

But then again we've just had a season in which we were one game away from playing the maximum games possible, winning the PL, the League Cup and CL finalists ... but still needed to sell a player for a world record fee in order to make a profit.

It's like we can't afford to spend, but at the same time we can't afford not to?

As you say, it will be interesting this summer.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:20 AM
borsuk

Default Re: Well one thing we all can agree on is we will know this summer if we have any transfer money

true. a (fairly undeserved) title and a cl final would have covered up some fairly big holes. it's going to be hard to justify not freshening the squad up now.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Crumps

This summer is gonna be crap, we'll buy no one of note or standing in the game and Scholes, Giggs and Neville will start the first game of next season.

Anderson will get larger.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:23 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
I've read before - no idea if it's true or not - that their business plan is based around a top four finish and getting as far as a Champions League quarter final.If that is true then there's not a great deal of spending required to ensure that, it could even be argued the current squad could achieve that without any spending at all.

But then again we've just had a season in which we were one game away from playing the maximum games possible, winning the PL, the League Cup and CL finalists ... but still needed to sell a player for a world record fee in order to make a profit.

It's like we can't afford to spend, but at the same time we can't afford not to?

As you say, it will be interesting this summer.
That was my theory when they took over. They've been blessed by three league titles but that's over and above what they need and they won't be splashing the cash to achieve it.
Fergie to retire this summer.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:23 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
This summer is gonna be crap, we'll buy no one of note or standing in the game and Scholes, Giggs and Neville will start the first game of next season.

Anderson will get larger.
How are you Crumps? Not seen you on here for a bit.

You still under the thumb?

Old 12-04-2010, 09:26 AM
elephantstone

Ferie might call it a day if he is not allowed to invest in any new players

Old 12-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
How are you Crumps? Not seen you on here for a bit.

You still under the thumb?
Fine, been off work for a bit so all posting has been infrequent and via Blackberry. Yes but I am being unleashed for Derby Day, to watch us lose and then have a fight in the pub which I'll also lose and get barred.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Sparky***

They have a prime excuse lined up in the world cup. No doubt they'll trot out some old shit about not having enough time because all the players are in africa and the prices being bumped up etc etc.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:38 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Ferie might call it a day if he is not allowed to invest in any new players
Yes, that has crossed my mind too. What if he demanded cash for new players and the Glazers said no? Would he really (continue to) acquiesce in their raping this club??

I know it is the "nuclear option" in many ways - but the gimps have surely been made aware of its existence.........

I *can* actually see a big signing or two this summer to "placate fan unrest" - of course that will leave us even more f***ed financially, but it might buy the parasites a bit of time. You could certainly see the likes of Tufty and Betty buying it
Closed Thread