United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: How many 'Red Knights' are there in total?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
Interesting development today. First Allied, one of the Glazer businesses has just allowed one of its shopping malls to be repossessed by Bank of America.

From the look of it, it was in negative equity and the Glazers will walk away debt-free, as you can probably guess would happen.

Tumescent - there were 37,000 shareholders, but the running of the club was never questioned. The plc as an ownership model wasn't what I was aiming to discuss. It had its pluses and its negatives. I'm just a bit fed up with daft foundationless arguments being put up. As with any organisation, a board will be made up and it will take responsibility for the day to day running of the club. I don't understand why the number of investors is viewed as a negative. Surely the more the ownership is diluted, the less chance we have of another Glazer situation?
I appreciate that, however, this wistful revisionism of the old plc days baffles me. The running of the club has always been questioned since I've supported United going back to Docherty. And that was never truer than under the plc from what I recall - it's not that long ago either, so my addled brain is fairly reliable on the subject I hope.

If the ownership of the club was diluted amongst like-minded people then I would imagine you would be right. Although there again, "the Glazer situation", by which I presume you mean a single owner, isn't the worst model by any means depending on the owner's motivation. I have no real wish to see United actually owned by the same type of people who've facilitated "the Glazer situation" in the first place, any more than I would care for a return to the days where the likes of the BBC pension fund had a piece of us and the plc employed people like Kenyon.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:40 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Ears, I'd have you over the joblot we have in the square mile in a flash.
You what dickhead?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
You what dickhead?
ffs

Old 09-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Ginners

Thumbs up Re: How many 'Red Knights' are there in total?

Quote:
You what dickhead?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
You what dickhead?
He was complimenting you... ffs !

Old 09-03-2010, 02:04 PM
RedMenace

Interesting analysis here by Andy Green on the gimps current financial situation. Makes it hard to see how they could turn down a significant instant profit if it is there for them

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2010/0...things-in.html

Old 09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
So used to being on the defense

When I read it, I read it in the voice of this guy...

"You wha' dick'ead?"

Old 09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Interesting analysis here by Andy Green on the gimps current financial situation. Makes it hard to see how they could turn down a significant instant profit if it is there for them

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2010/0...things-in.html
which is a long-winded way of saying that they're spivs who've made enough cash from whitetrash and rednecks to set themselves as a conduit by which the finance industry can rape united. in return they've lived like millionaires and no doubt they couldn't really give a f*** for much other than self-preservation and therefore would probably sell united if they get a decent offer.

very good blog tbf. a few 'leaps of faith' notwithstanding. sooner or later something very dirty is bound to come out about their property dealings surely? a bit more research into their web ambitions might be useful, since that's potentially a big factor in the sale price united eventually goes for, imo. unless they really are desperate, which I doubt, considering the size of united and the lenders involved.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I know, he's still a dickhead*

*at times

Old 09-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons

"You wha' dick'ead?"

Remember them videos...........
Closed Thread