United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer
Closed Thread
 
Old 24-01-2010, 02:07 PM
rafabio
 
Default Supporters part of bond investors?

Do we have a list of people who have been granted bonds?

Are there any supporters part of it? Did MUST look at this as an option?

Because if glazers go down (preferrably) or the club goes under (god forbid) effectively these bond investors will have a big control of the club.

At least that's what I believe
 
Old 24-01-2010, 02:14 PM
LaPaz
 
Default Re: Supporters part of bond investors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Do we have a list of people who have been granted bonds?

Are there any supporters part of it? Did MUST look at this as an option?

Because if glazers go down (preferrably) or the club goes under (god forbid) effectively these bond investors will have a big control of the club.

At least that's what I believe
At 50000 a pop I doubt that any supporters have had a dabble.

They will have been sold to city institutions, pension companies etc.

Like it or not (& obviously none of us do) the Glazers are in a strong position & they are not stupid so that is unlikely to change in the future.
 
Old 24-01-2010, 02:42 PM
rafabio
 
Default Re: Supporters part of bond investors?

I wasn't mainly referring to individual supports but more of a union. Isn't the long term objective of MUST to own the club anyway? It has nearly 40000 members, even 100pounds per supporter would have been 4m pounds.
 
Old 24-01-2010, 02:45 PM
florentino ariza
 
Default Re: Supporters part of bond investors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I wasn't mainly referring to individual supports but more of a union. Isn't the long term objective of MUST to own the club anyway? It has nearly 40000 members, even 100pounds per supporter would have been 4m pounds.
yes, thats exactly how the world works
 
Old 24-01-2010, 02:54 PM
rafabio
 
Default Re: Supporters part of bond investors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
yes, thats exactly how the world works
a very naive world may be
 
Old 24-01-2010, 02:57 PM
LaPaz
 
Default Re: Supporters part of bond investors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I wasn't mainly referring to individual supports but more of a union. Isn't the long term objective of MUST to own the club anyway? It has nearly 40000 members, even 100pounds per supporter would have been 4m pounds.
Being a bit flippant but I doubt that every MUST member would stup up 100 and even if they did 4m is a drop in the ocean when we are talking about owning the club as the Bonds aren't going to give the holders any say in what happens at United.

I really can't ever see a supporters group getting control of the club unless it goes to the wall & nobody better financed than them isn't interested, which in reality isn't likely to happen.

The Glazers aren't stupid & they will keep the club in good enough shape to enable them to suck out millions over a long period rather than suck it dry in the short term.
 
Old 24-01-2010, 02:59 PM
rafabio
 
Default Re: Supporters part of bond investors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Being a bit flippant but I doubt that every MUST member would stup up 100 and even if they did 4m is a drop in the ocean when we are talking about owning the club as the Bonds aren't going to give the holders any say in what happens at United.

I really can't ever see a supporters group getting control of the club unless it goes to the wall & nobody better financed than them isn't interested, which in reality isn't likely to happen.

The Glazers aren't stupid & they will keep the club in good enough shape to enable them to suck out millions over a long period rather than suck it dry in the short term.
Agreed. Like any buisness, they won't strip the lively hood of the business that is playing staff. They will maintain it as much as is needed ( top 4 place?? )
 
Old 24-01-2010, 03:13 PM
LaPaz
 
Default Re: Supporters part of bond investors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Agreed. Like any buisness, they won't strip the lively hood of the business that is playing staff. They will maintain it as much as is needed ( top 4 place?? )
Yes, CL each year will keep them in business.

Over the last 5 years we've bought players but the net spend has been quite small.

Next summer I'd expect us to sign a few players but most will be financed by outgoing transfers, Vidic, Nani & Anderson.
 
Old 27-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Surfers do Charlie
 
Default Re: Supporters part of bond investors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I wasn't mainly referring to individual supports but more of a union. Isn't the long term objective of MUST to own the club anyway? It has nearly 40000 members, even 100pounds per supporter would have been 4m pounds.
Buying bonds doesn't buy you any part of the club.

It's not like buying shares in the club - all you do is lend them the money, and they promise to pay it back on a set date, with annual interest.

If the club goes bust, you lose your money.
 
Old 27-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Withers
 
Default Re: Supporters part of bond investors?

There are only about 50 investors, investing an average of 10 million each.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Supporters part of bond investors?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Utd supporters v CSKA Supporters today at The Cliff In 76 now this is true Off Topic 31 04-11-2009 02:29 PM
The Name's Bond. James Bond. Argentina Off Topic 37 03-03-2009 01:06 AM
Part-time supporters. Bishovetz Off Topic 9 01-11-2007 05:08 PM
Part time supporters are the hardest to please Fuzzy Dunlop Off Topic 2 31-05-2007 09:10 AM
Who are the worst part time supporters? Sparky*** Off Topic 16 19-04-2007 05:05 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:03 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.