United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Default Re: TID's (3) #4 - Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Superb

I'm getting visions of Wayne from Auf Wiedersehen Pet for some reason...

Lemmy's f***in 64 this year btw

I love the Arizona-esque style album cover aswell, which was actually taken at a sandpit in Barnet...
A life led to the full methinks. Role model for all of us.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Brenner

Default United Memories

Taking a well deserved breather now from your past sexual liasons & conquests, tell us if you will, about your earliest memories of following United...

Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Arf.

March 19th 1969 – I know that because the framed programme is above me in my study. Yes Marlo, my study, in the West Wing in between the Orangery and the Library. Anyhow it's a midweek game and I don't sleep a wink the night before in feverish anticipation. Pitch black night sky, the huge crowds, floodlights (disappointingly small compared to City tbh straight with you), holding my Dad's hand as we go over the Trafford Bridge and into the ground – bit of an embarrassment as I was twenty seven.

We then proceed to dismantle QPR by 8 goals to 1, including two for my hero Norbert Peter Stiles, and I am smitten. Over forty years later, it's bizarrely still the biggest win I've witnessed as Lady Charlestown chose the 9-0 massacre of Ipswich as the day my eldest was to be christened. (From London she is you see – vibrant is as vibrant does).

As I come out all giddy after my first game my mad Uncle Frank looks at me - an innocent six year old and says “Listen son, it's not like this every f***ing week”. Says the c*** who missed the end of the '68 European Cup Final because he was getting stitches in Crumpsall Hospital having fallen over and smashed his fat head off the fireplace pissed as a fart when we went 2-1 up.

But he was absolutely right and my timing was garbage - I witnessed the terminal decline of an ageing team up to and including relegation FFS. United – f***ing relegated. Two words - Tommy Jackson. I paid cash on the gate and got in the Scoreboard Paddock at one o'clock freezing my balls till kick off. I've been chased all over Stoke, Leeds, Middlesbrough and a selection of other vile shit holes here and abroad in the name of Manchester United.

You still awake Brenner lad? Brenner? Have a Werners original.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Brenner

Still awake Rougers, was just toking on the fat one you rolled prior to coming on air...I will have a Werther's though...

We know Nobby is your hero from the past, and i'll be seeing him next month at the St Pat's, (Collyhurst), Old Boys annual dinner but which players float your boat in the present...?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Nobby Stiles is a genuine Mancunian legend – the short arsed, shortsighted son of a Collyhurst undertaker – wonderful. YCNMIU. For all the glamour and glitz and attacking football the club is famous for – the best teams have always had one or two malevolent enforcers with a truly evil streak.

On the back of his genuinely moving autobiography there's a fantastic picture of him. He's on the pitch tying his boots up in front of a sepia coloured Stretford End and he's got that Manchester look that the Gallagher brothers have tried to get copyright on so unsuccessfully – he's saying “I'm in charge here pal. Yeah. Me.” Like you Brenner, I've had the good fortune to meet him and he's a top class human being.

Of the current crop I have to go with Paul Scholes - before it's too late. Proper footballer, unassuming, scorer of genuinely great goals and like Nobby looks more like a Payroll Manager.

Giggs it goes without saying but I like watching Carrick in full flow and Berbatov, both much maligned, genuinely gifted players. They fit the shirt.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Brenner

Default Get Up ( I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine

Aah, you like both the combative and the touch of finesse....Scholesy is a fine choice, I like it.

Continuing on with the musical selections then Charlers, The Godfather of Soul's monumental 1970 hit, and one of the first songs to be recorded with his new group, The JB's. What (sexual) memories does this evoke Casanova...?

Old 06-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Charlestown Rouge

James Brown for me, was the consummate showman – the best of them all in fact. I was working in Paris in the early 80's and my then local girlfriend Laurence (it's a popular bird's name on the continent you twats) was a major fan.

We went to see the man live and I was blown away. Same thing happened back at her flat after the gig, despite the fact that her underarms and growler were like Terry Waite's allotment. I saw him live on five separate occasions over twenty years. James Brown that is, not the Archbishop of Canterbury's bezzie mate. In the clip he works an initially reluctant French audience into a frenzy. Superb stuff.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 PM
MUFC One Love

Some LOL moments in this TID's.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Brenner

Kin 'ell, you saw him that many times

Most Fredsters would have settled for seeing him live just the once.

Loving the Terry Waite analogy for Laurence, what happened to you two in the end? Was the mary hinge and armpits too much to take in the end...

Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Kin 'ell, you saw him that many times

Most Fredsters would have settled for seeing him live just the once.

Loving the Terry Waite analogy for Laurence, what happened to you two in the end? Was the mary hinge and armpits too much to take in the end...
She probably got killed in a Flymo accident.

Actually, I dumped her and came home. Nice girl though.
Closed Thread