United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 24-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Brenner

Exclamation TIDs (3) #3 - BarryX

Good evening everyone, and a warm welcome as always to the studio.

Apologies for the late start, I've been in with my lawyers all afternoon seeking advice on a small copyright matter. Then the TIDs 5-A-Side team scorched to another victory over the Titty Quiz team, 5-2, to put us top of the league by 4 points.

Tonight's guest has visited us all the way from Eastern Europe this evening, ladies & gentlemen, I give you, BarryX, a forumista who wasn't deemed worthy enough for one show...

Unlike poor imitations of this show, it will last a couple of hours rather than a couple of days.

So kick back and relax and without further ado, here's the selections we'll be discussing tonight. Feel free to click the YouTube link to listen along...

1 - JJ Cale Travelling Light

2 - Wings Live and Let Die.

3 The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds.

4 Pearl Jam - Black

5- Sasha Xpander. (Xtended Version)

6 -Dirty Vegas Days Go By.

7 Jonny Cash - Ring of Fire.

8 - Who am I telling you JJ Cale and Eric Clapton
NO YOUTUBE LINK

HOUSEKEEPING - Feel free to join in after the luxury item...

Greetings Bazza,

Did you enjoy the Bulgarian lager and gypsy brass I put on for you...?

Old 24-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: TIDs (3) #3 - BarryX

Now that's how you do an intro

Old 24-09-2009, 07:47 PM
BarryX

Hello Brenner.

Thanks for taking the time to find the missing videos (bar one which I am trying to upload myself).

Before we start the show I'd like to present you with some presents....

Old 24-09-2009, 07:49 PM
BarryX

First of all, I have treated myself to a fine 12 year old single malt, to enjoy throughout the evening. I am sure you and other forumists who appreciate the finer things in life would appreciate it. Anyway I poured a glass for you...

Old 24-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Brenner

You're welcome, we aim to please here

Well, that's very kind of you, that's a first for TIDs, a present for the host...

Old 24-09-2009, 07:51 PM
BarryX

but thats not all. I cooked a special treat for the studio. a meal I would gladly have pre my visit to the island, and something to munch on when enjoying the Cardhu above.

Its some Turkish delicacies I picked up last week in Istanbul - the Sudjuk (garlic sausage), smoked aubergine paste, and spicy tomato and pepper paste are absolute ideal appetizer. Enjoy.

But don't start just yet...

Old 24-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Brenner

Thumbs up Re: TIDs (3) #3 - BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
First of all, I have treated myself to a fine 12 year old single malt, to enjoy throughout the evening. I am sure you and other forumists who appreciate the finer things in life would appreciate it. Anyway I poured a glass for you...

That's very kind of you squire, may I return the compliment and offer you a TIDs Cuban...?

Old 24-09-2009, 07:53 PM
BarryX

You may find the sausages a tad too spicy, so we chipped in for some special topical toilet paper, for your personal pleasure....

Anyway, I am nicely mellowed by the booze and food and ready to get down to business. Its great to be here

Last edited by BarryX; 24-09-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Old 24-09-2009, 07:54 PM
BarryX

oh yes. I love a good cuban me. I have some stashed upstairs that I'll fetch later on.

Good whiskey. Good food. A nice smoke....and some of my favourite tunes of all time. It doesn't get much better

Old 24-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Brenner

Default JJ Cale - Travelin' Light

That's very thoughtful Bazza, I didn't have any lunch or tea today due to the emergency meeting with my legal team, I will tuck in whilst you discuss your first selection...

I'm looking forard to wiping my shitty arse on your toilet roll btw once I've finished the scran..

US Singer/Songwriter & pioneer of the Tulsa Sound, JJ Cale.

Why does this track make it...?
Closed Thread