United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread
 
Old 11-08-2009, 03:53 PM
koppas
 
Red face The Sopranos

Just downloaded the first series of this for my night shift this week. I know I am about ten years too late but finally given in temptation and actually downloaded it? As good as people say? I just worry that because I enjoyed the Wire so much, I might find it hard to sit through another "crime" series.
 
Old 11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Ginners
 
Default

not watched one episode, people say its as good or even better than the wire but i find it hard to believe, will get round to it one day probably
 
Old 11-08-2009, 03:57 PM
koppas
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
not watched one episode, people say its as good or even better than the wire but i find it hard to believe, will get round to it one day probably
That's the problem I am having. I will be comparing them to every minute detail.
 
Old 11-08-2009, 04:03 PM
armchair
 
Default

hardly any cops in the sopranos
 
Old 11-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Smeggs
 
Default

passed me by too, i find it hard to invest alot of time when something is on tv, same time every week.

only just catching up on my 24.
 
Old 11-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Grimson
 
Default

It's different to The Wire. You get mostly one side of the story, mostly from Tony's perspective. There's also just the one overriding narrative arc, rather than the 5 separate ones on The Wire. You've also got to be a little patient, as it takes time to develop the many characters. You get some powerhouse acting on The Sopranos. I think it would be a stretch to say the same about The Wire, where across the board the acting is just okay, IMO. I love both shows and couldn't choose between them.
 
Old 11-08-2009, 04:09 PM
naes_sean
 
Default

Loved the Sopranos. Enjoy
 
Old 11-08-2009, 04:09 PM
koppas
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's different to The Wire. You get mostly one side of the story, mostly from Tony's perspective. There's also just the one overriding narrative arc, rather than the 5 separate ones on The Wire. You've also got to be a little patient, as it takes time to develop the many characters. You get some powerhouse acting on The Sopranos. I think it would be a stretch to say the same about The Wire, where across the board the acting is just okay, IMO. I love both shows and couldn't choose between them.
What if you HAD to choose between them? Life or death situation?
 
Old 11-08-2009, 04:09 PM
TreeFiddy
 
Default

The Sopranos is the best TV series ever in my opinion. I'm close to finishing the fourth series of The Wire and it comes a close second.
 
Old 11-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Grimson
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
What if you HAD to choose between them? Life or death situation?
I'd pick The Simpsons and then just pretend I didn't understand the question until they left me alone.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: The Sopranos
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Sopranos? Sam the Sanitary Man TV / Film / Books / Arts 58 23-10-2009 03:04 AM
the sopranos box set... Whiteside TV / Film / Books / Arts 13 26-06-2008 06:22 PM
The Sopranos - The end is near Chorlton74 TV / Film / Books / Arts 8 11-05-2007 09:08 AM
The Sopranos. MUFC One Love TV / Film / Books / Arts 4 09-04-2007 09:40 PM
The Sopranos Amish Mash TV / Film / Books / Arts 10 05-03-2007 06:15 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.