United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:53 PM
koppas

Red face The Sopranos

Just downloaded the first series of this for my night shift this week. I know I am about ten years too late but finally given in temptation and actually downloaded it? As good as people say? I just worry that because I enjoyed the Wire so much, I might find it hard to sit through another "crime" series.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Ginners

not watched one episode, people say its as good or even better than the wire but i find it hard to believe, will get round to it one day probably

Old 11-08-2009, 03:57 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
not watched one episode, people say its as good or even better than the wire but i find it hard to believe, will get round to it one day probably
That's the problem I am having. I will be comparing them to every minute detail.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:03 PM
armchair

hardly any cops in the sopranos

Old 11-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Smeggs

passed me by too, i find it hard to invest alot of time when something is on tv, same time every week.

only just catching up on my 24.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Grimson

It's different to The Wire. You get mostly one side of the story, mostly from Tony's perspective. There's also just the one overriding narrative arc, rather than the 5 separate ones on The Wire. You've also got to be a little patient, as it takes time to develop the many characters. You get some powerhouse acting on The Sopranos. I think it would be a stretch to say the same about The Wire, where across the board the acting is just okay, IMO. I love both shows and couldn't choose between them.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:09 PM
naes_sean

Loved the Sopranos. Enjoy

koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's different to The Wire. You get mostly one side of the story, mostly from Tony's perspective. There's also just the one overriding narrative arc, rather than the 5 separate ones on The Wire. You've also got to be a little patient, as it takes time to develop the many characters. You get some powerhouse acting on The Sopranos. I think it would be a stretch to say the same about The Wire, where across the board the acting is just okay, IMO. I love both shows and couldn't choose between them.
What if you HAD to choose between them? Life or death situation?

TreeFiddy

The Sopranos is the best TV series ever in my opinion. I'm close to finishing the fourth series of The Wire and it comes a close second.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
What if you HAD to choose between them? Life or death situation?
I'd pick The Simpsons and then just pretend I didn't understand the question until they left me alone.
Closed Thread