United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-07-2023, 09:52 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Fred will be off and moving ahead of The Scottish Player will be enough for now.

We’ll need four or five. Cas, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen. There’s a spot for him to at least get enough games to make it worthwhile.

A lot will depend on any more midfielders coming in. If we get Amrabat, it might be better for him to go on loan.
Ideally we get another CM . If a select from Fred, martial, vdb, Bailey, Henderson, telles, and maguire leave that has to bring in around 50-80 million pounds combined.

Maybe that’s what’s going to pay for hojlund instead ? Who knows . There’s an another thing for recruitment to pull it off. Either way , he’s certainly above mcfred in the pecking order now.

Unread 23-07-2023, 10:15 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ideally we get another CM . If a select from Fred, martial, vdb, Bailey, Henderson, telles, and maguire leave that has to bring in around 50-80 million pounds combined.

Maybe that’s what’s going to pay for hojlund instead ? Who knows . There’s an another thing for recruitment to pull it off. Either way , he’s certainly above mcfred in the pecking order now.
Telles has gone for £6m.

Unread 23-07-2023, 10:59 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Can’t see us selling that many. I don’t think Martial will go and it wouldn’t surprise me if Maguire and Donny stayed.

Bailly, Fred, Henderson, Telles, Elanga should still bring in a healthy £50-£60m. Pays for Amarabat and I could see us going for an experienced striker after Hojlund.

Unread 23-07-2023, 11:06 AM
dunk

Quote:

Maguire stays unless a ridiculous offer comes in, I’d imagine. I think Bailly, Telles(gone), Fred and Henderson are certain to leave.

I think Beek goes but probably on loan, for his own good as much as anything.

The Scottish Player and Martial will go if there’s an offer.

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Maguire stays unless a ridiculous offer comes in, I’d imagine. I think Bailly, Telles(gone), Fred and Henderson are certain to leave.

If we can get 15 for Henderson , 10 for Fred and baily . And 20 for slab (rumours both West Ham and Chelsea in for him) we might be able to push for a couple of signings.

Would be interesting to know how much of the budget they have left.

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I think Martial, The Scottish Player and Maguire fall into that category of us not actively looking to sell them, but we won’t turn down a big offer. As much about doing right by them and getting them games as much as anything else.

Bailly, Telles and Henderson are ‘must sell’ players and Fred seems to be the fall guy that allows us to get another midfielder.

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:49 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
If we can get 15 for Henderson , 10 for Fred and baily . And 20 for slab (rumours both West Ham and Chelsea in for him) we might be able to push for a couple of signings.

Would be interesting to know how much of the budget they have left.
Ffs Twinners, we should be doing a bit better than that now Woodward and the gang are gone. $80m+ total at least? Not sure we’ll shift both mcfred but a few other possibilities. Would love to see Martial take the bait to the Middle East

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Looks to be a proper player. More interested in the fact he was acting as the 'pivot' (?), dropping into the defence to pick up the ball with AWB then pushing forward.

He seems ultra composed. Brilliant.

Unread 23-07-2023, 01:50 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Very good little player .

Very impressed with him. Reminds me of that lad who used to play with essien at Lyon. Forgot his name. Maybe it’s because they look alike
Diarra?

Unread 23-07-2023, 02:58 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
Diarra?
Yep

Unread 23-07-2023, 04:26 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
very good little player .

Very impressed with him. Reminds me of that lad who used to play with essien at lyon. Forgot his name. Maybe it’s because they look alike
racist - shut him down

Unread 24-07-2023, 11:15 AM
TheNew

£259m bid gone in from Al Hilal apparently. Can't see him going there tbh.

Unread 24-07-2023, 11:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
£259m bid gone in from Al Hilal apparently. Can't see him going there tbh.
For Mainoo? Take it I reckon..

Unread 24-07-2023, 11:50 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Can’t see us selling that many. I don’t think Martial will go and it wouldn’t surprise me if Maguire and Donny stayed.

Bailly, Fred, Henderson, Telles, Elanga should still bring in a healthy £50-£60m. Pays for Amarabat and I could see us going for an experienced striker after Hojlund.
by all accounts we now have to sell to buy.

forget amrabat and a second striker, everyone on your list goes towards the hojlund fund, I reckon.

Amrabat comes in if The Scottish Player goes.
striker comes in if martial goes.
fourth CB comes in if Maguire goes.

Unread 24-07-2023, 12:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Unread 28-07-2023, 02:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

He’s fine. In the squad for Dortmund

Unread 28-07-2023, 02:52 PM
Baron

The miracle of youth.

Unread 28-07-2023, 02:55 PM