United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2017, 09:37 PM
AnthonyMartial

Default Henrikh mikitarayan

I think he will be pure dynamite this season.

First season out of the way and has been great in preseason.

I just love his direct running and his technique on the ball, he's sublime in full flow.

Played very few games in the first half of last season but still managed 11 goals, got 23 in his last season at Dortmund from the wing with great off the ball movement and taking the ball in his stride.

Against 75 percent of teams I would play him in the no 10 role because of his passing with Pogba in behind dictating.

Unread 22-07-2017, 10:19 PM
red in cumbria

Not going to get carried away, but as with Pogba the early signs are promising.

Unread 22-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Grandadanne

My opinion Without getting carried away is that Mikki will send shock waves throughout the Premier League this season.

Last season was a settling in period but towards the end of the season he showed his true potential.

I am genuinely excited for him especially along with the new signings.
Everything seems to be slotting in to place nicely,

Mou is putting together a team that wont be bullied and also has the skill to compete.

Unread 22-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Worldie NQAT.

Unread 22-07-2017, 11:24 PM
Cream

Thumbs down

A pansy.

Unread 22-07-2017, 11:25 PM
AnthonyMartial

I'm convinced that him only reaching the top level at mid to late twenties is due to being Armenian.

Bigger European clubs won't we be watching 17-20 year old Armenian players like they are watching English, French, German, Spanish, South American players of the same age.

Had to go to the Ukraine before Dortmund bought him.

A player of similar ability if French, Spanish, Brazilian would have been ripping up the champions league at 22, 23 etc.

Unread 22-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
A pansy.
Possibly.

But in a team of thugs... him and mata might thrive

Unread 22-07-2017, 11:29 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
I'm convinced that him only reaching the top level at mid to late twenties is due to being Armenian.

Bigger European clubs won't we be watching 17-20 year old Armenian players like they are watching English, French, German, Spanish, South American players of the same age.

Had to go to the Ukraine before Dortmund bought him.

A player of similar ability if French, Spanish, Brazilian would have been ripping up the champions league at 22, 23 etc.
Then why isn't Martial?

Can't have it both ways, Anthony.

Unread 22-07-2017, 11:36 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Then why isn't Martial?

Can't have it both ways, Anthony.
Martial is 21 and you are missing my point.

Martial was playing for one of France's biggest clubs as a teenager and joined one of the biggest clubs in the world aged 19.

All scouts would have known about him but an equivalent aged and talented player would have needed a more elongated progression in terms of being identified if that player grew up in Armenia and not France.

That may or may not be the case now but it almost certainly would have been when Mikitarayan was 16-20 years of age.

Unread 23-07-2017, 12:20 AM
Wez

Quote:
A pansy.
http://research.uci.edu/facilities-s...grey-mouse.jpg

Unread 23-07-2017, 01:19 AM
Neo

Nowhere near good enough in the league last season, and could easily end up the same as Kagawa, which would be a crying shame given his outrageous ability.

Concerned with how much game time he'll get if we sign Perisic, too. Would love to see Mkhi explode though, and the potential is definitely there. His pace on the break.

Unread 23-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Billy Redface

I think he had a better season than people make out.

Started terribly, but he was kept out the spotlight and it wasn't like he was allowed a series of shit performances..

Once he made that midseason comeback, he was a matchwinner and took us up a gear during our best spell of the season. Dipped a bit again, but finishes strong. Scored some vital goals in EL, had some brilliant individual moments and, when he was on, he was easily our best player and we looked five times better with him buzzing around.

Expecting big things this season.

Unread 23-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I think he had a better season than people make out.

Started terribly, but he was kept out the spotlight and it wasn't like he was allowed a series of shit performances..

Once he made that midseason comeback, he was a matchwinner and took us up a gear during our best spell of the season. Dipped a bit again, but finishes strong. Scored some vital goals in EL, had some brilliant individual moments and, when he was on, he was easily our best player and we looked five times better with him buzzing around.

Expecting big things this season.
Well let's hope so. Reminds me of Darmian and Martial. Quick to exaggerate minor knocks, don't look like they fancy it at times.

To be fair, Darmian seems to have knocked that nonsense in the head. Martial has had some personal problems and it was Miki lad's first season.

Let's see how he kicks on.

Unread 23-07-2017, 09:35 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
never held the kardashians back.

i don't think the problem is his ability, it's whether he's mentally and physically cut out for the premier league. if not then it's very difficult to fix.

Unread 23-07-2017, 10:47 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
never held the kardashians back.

i don't think the problem is his ability, it's whether he's mentally and physically cut out for the premier league. if not then it's very difficult to fix.
serj tankian was in his thirties when soad released toxicity though.

late bloomers, are the armos.

Unread 23-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Luffy

i think lukaku in place of zlatan is gonna help the likes of Mhki and Mata. Someone running behind means the defenders should pull back abit giving more space in the hole. Also means the quick passing movements become more of an option.

If martial can banish his problems too we'll be decent.

Unread 23-07-2017, 01:12 PM
LFOD

inconsistent - still giving the ball away too easy and too often. scored the 2nd in the EL final but played shit.

but 2nd season , better grip on the english game has all the skills needs to play better week in and week out. plus is he a winger or a 10?

Unread 23-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Switching Off

Youse are all £#%&!ing idiots.

Unread 23-07-2017, 01:31 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Youse are all £#%&!ing idiots.

lol - a fiver? that's it a fiver?

Unread 23-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Switching Off

Quote: