United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-01-2018, 11:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
5B euro for top 5 PL clubs as a opposed to 2.4B euro for la liga (2015/16 Deoloitte)
But it's not decreasing. Don't think they've ever had as much as the PL from TV monies. Also not as high there as they don't split it in the same way. If the PL decided to just give the main players the money, the overall would probably be a lot less, as the likes of Huddersfield and City etc. only get buttons as nobody watches

In order to get the rights to United Matches, they have to pay the same to every other team, United demand value, the rest costs them a fortune. In Spain, they pay Madrid and Barca the most and give the rest buttons.

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Wellinever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
But it's not decreasing. Don't think they've ever had as much as the PL from TV monies. Also not as high there as they don't split it in the same way. If the PL decided to just give the main players the money, the overall would probably be a lot less, as the likes of Huddersfield and City etc. only get buttons as nobody watches

That's my point, the 'competitive element, at the top in la liga is less, so less demand for top sides, will happen here if we only have one or two realistic challengers for P league title each year, like Barc and RM in Spain?

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:07 PM
redhegemony

Feels like we're on the road to a European League - Champions League groups have become largely piss poor and the Premier League is starting to become less competitive - power struggle between the national associations and UEFA..

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Wellinever

Default Seasons 20/21-21/22-22/23 crucial

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Feels like we're on the road to a European League - Champions League groups have become largely piss poor and the Premier League is starting to become less competitive - power struggle between the national associations and UEFA..

Exactly, my guess the break up will come when the WC is played in Qatar (in winter) three seasons are affected, this gives the opportunity/excuse to reform leagues into super-leagues?

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
That's my point, the 'competitive element, at the top in la liga is less, so less demand for top sides, will happen here if we only have one or two realistic challengers for P league title each year, like Barc and RM in Spain?
The way the rights are divided is the only thing that will change it. Hence they are desperate to not let United negotiate their own.

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Buck

Love the sub-headings. Really grips me with anticipation for the text to follow.

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:22 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Exactly, my guess the break up will come when the WC is played in Qatar (in winter) three seasons are affected, this gives the opportunity/excuse to reform leagues into super-leagues?
The national associations will resist much like the Football league tried to do with the formation of the PL. It will be very very messy.

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Wellinever

Default Murdoch's legacy

Quote:
The way the rights are divided is the only thing that will change it. Hence they are desperate to not let United negotiate their own.

Yes of course, United's matches earn more money for the PL than any other club, that why the season we finished seventh under Moyes the PL actually lost income (overall) from reduced sales of United's games.

The whole reason years ago Murdoch tried to buy out United was so he could achieve exactly that, their own TV income all to ourselves, but of course he never got to test the theory!

Unread 10-01-2018, 05:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Doesn't affect Spain.
They are used to it, and its not that infrequent for other teams to challenge the Real/Barca duopoly.

Unread 11-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Ethers

Huge if true

Unread 11-01-2018, 01:16 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Don't want him anywhere near the club.

If he'd have been one of those Chilean Miners trapped down the well I would have let the others eat him before rescuing them.

Despise the weasel.

Unread 11-01-2018, 01:19 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

No thanks

Unread 11-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Don't want him anywhere near the club.

If he'd have been one of those Chilean Miners trapped down the well I would have let the others eat him before rescuing them.

Despise the weasel.
Fair enough.

Personally think we’d be mad not to get him in if there’s a chance. Would undoubtedly improve us, and also stops him going to City.

Swap deal with Mikhi going in the other direction would be the dream

Unread 11-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

City will be releasing these last minute links with United like they always do so it looks like they’re getting one over on us again

Plastic @#%&!s

Unread 11-01-2018, 01:24 PM
TheFatGoth

Buck

Doesn't state which United

Ethers

Big Dimarz usually pretty spot on tbf

“Market derby in Manchester developed in the last hours, with Alexis Sanchez object of desire of Mourinho and Guardiola. The Chilean, former Barcelona and Udinese, seemed ready to return to the court of the Spanish coach after the year he lived in Blaugrana, before the Red Devils entered the negotiations in a disruptive way. The definitive agreement, now one step away from being achieved on the basis of a decidedly full-bodied engagement, began to falter when Mourinho made contact with Arséne Wenger, putting the Mkhitaryan contract on the plate”

PLEASE let this happen

Unread 11-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

MickeyT on 200K a week apparently...

Unread 11-01-2018, 01:29 PM
ZiggyStardust

Not a £#%&!ing chance Sanchez goes anywhere but city

Only question is will it be now or in the summer

Unread 11-01-2018, 01:33 PM
Tiberian

Sanchez is a talent, but I get the impression that he is a poor team-mate. Plays for himself, does not follow tactical assignments and has awful body language at times.

Sanchez and Ozil are attractive possibilities given today's prices. Sanchez is 29, has had a heavy workload over a number of years, at full price not sure it would be a sensible deal but at £25 million and can play in the CL? Can see why Mou would push for it.
Closed Thread