United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
This transfer and no doubt others in the future show a value in Pogba that I had not really considered. Players of his generation want to play with him, charismatic, plays with joy and appears to be a fun guy to be around, lifestyle seems closer to a NBA star than your typical footballer.
Griezmann to the mix too with them. That kind of camaraderie is priceless, especially when you add the José effect too and the way the none @#%&! players love him.

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:48 PM
carrick_16

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Thought he was going to city?
Everyone was supposed to be going to city pal.

Here's a little story I've heard - they agreed terms with Kyle Walker's agent before the season ended. Walker told Pochettino saying he wants to go back north to be closer to his family [insert karl pilkington gif here] which is why he got dropped. Levy agreed if City match their valuation of £45m Walker will be sold.

City were convinced the deal was happening so they released their two first team full backs Zabaleta and Sagna early. Levy saw this and bumped up the price closer to £55m.

The divs £#%&!ed up but hey look.......Dani Alves says he wants to be back with Pep!! Well now Alves is off to PSG, Levy embarrased them and they start pre-season without a single right back

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:54 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
This transfer and no doubt others in the future show a value in Pogba that I had not really considered. Players of his generation want to play with him, charismatic, plays with joy and appears to be a fun guy to be around, lifestyle seems closer to a NBA star than your typical footballer.
Saw an interview with Paul McGuinness recently who obviously had him in the Youths. He said Pogba was nicknamed "the pied piper" amongst the coaching staff because all of the other lads used to follow him around all the time and he was the one they looked up to.

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Griezmann to the mix too with them. That kind of camaraderie is priceless, especially when you add the José effect too and the way the none c*** players love him.
Yes, I think City are a good example of this necessity. Have had a lot of great players in recent years but they have always been a collection of mercenaries rather than a true team. They have not been able to sustain success and even their title wins were as much about Liverpool and Utd failing as City dominating.

No real leaders in the team or central core to keep the rest honest.

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrick_16

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Very good point.

It might take the annoying form of stupid dances on social media, but it's harmless enough and it's 'what the kids do' these days.

Him and Zlatan had a connection. I expect him and lukaku will too.

If we can another CM who is an upgrade on Fellaini and some support for Herrera, then Pogba really can kick on this season.

José is bringing some characters and gravitas back, nqat.

Unread 09-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
they start pre-season without a single right back
Have they got a left back? Kolarov maybe?

Unread 09-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
yeah but he's shit

Unread 09-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrick_16
Saying all the right things.

£#%&! it, I'm on the Rom train. RL9.

Unread 09-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Unread 09-07-2017, 01:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Might be the slowest player in the league. Watching Hazard run away from him one on one last year was comical.

Unread 09-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Billy Redface

We've announced our tour squad. He's not in it.

Expect a 'oh and one more for the tour' post later today

Unread 09-07-2017, 02:10 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

yep. seems to have come for the right reasons. money, sure, but also wants to leave a legacy at big club

crumps and others also have me convinced.

Excited as £#%&!

Unread 09-07-2017, 02:10 PM
puressence

Where's the scarf shot ffs

Unread 09-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Crumps

Lukaku whoa whoa
Lukaku whoa whoa
He once was a Toffee
Man looks like Stormzy

Unread 09-07-2017, 02:12 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We've announced our tour squad. He's not in it.

Expect a 'oh and one more for the tour' post later today
They apparently want to do an unveiling in Hollywood (of course).

Unread 09-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

£#%&! it, tops off.

I'm all in too

Unread 09-07-2017, 02:35 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Very good point.

It might take the annoying form of stupid dances on social media, but it's harmless enough and it's 'what the kids do' these days.

Him and Zlatan had a connection. I expect him and lukaku will too.

If we can another CM who is an upgrade on Fellaini and some support for Herrera, then Pogba really can kick on this season.

José is bringing some characters and gravitas back, nqat.
No mate his stupid dances are why he has a bad game sometimes according to twitter journos. He needs to concentrate on football. Dancing stops him playing well

Unread 09-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
No mate his stupid dances are why he has a bad game sometimes according to twitter journos. He needs to concentrate on football. Dancing stops him playing well
Who was it who was having a go at him for his celebration last year in the EL?

All 'yeah, save those sorts of celebrations for the league'

Closed Thread