Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
is that the vardy lookalike?
If it is he's missed a bit on the right handside

Unread 02-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Chances?? Rashford should be carried onto the pitch like this.

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Sparky***

Alli is deffo getting sent off in the Euros. Carvalho didn't even have to try that hard to get a reaction.

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:27 PM
dragflick

Renato Sanches looks a player, unfortunately.

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:37 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yep.

Let's hope that's the last £#%&! up.

Unread 02-06-2016, 11:02 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Got the ball a couple of times with nothing on, no space, crowded out...seconds later England are either chasing him or fouling him.

Unread 02-06-2016, 11:12 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Got the ball a couple of times with nothing on, no space, crowded out...seconds later England are either chasing him or fouling him.
Yep, the drive and power he has. At 18

Gonna be some player, and could have done with some of that in or side. Bayern bastards.

Unread 02-06-2016, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not a chance he sees a minute of action at the Euro's

Pointless taking him and is going to £#%&! up his pre-season
That's the spirit

Unread 02-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Switching Off

So we won?

And a United player scored the winner?

Unread 03-06-2016, 12:20 AM
King Eric

Not great tonight, tough opposition, who continued to be tough even after going down to ten men. We looked a bit tired tonight, but three friendly wins in a row against decent opposition, can only boost the teams belief.

Unread 03-06-2016, 01:38 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Not great tonight, tough opposition, who continued to be tough even after going down to ten men. We looked a bit tired tonight, but three friendly wins in a row against decent opposition, can only boost the teams belief.
Agreed. I know he didn't have the best world cup. But I actually think Hodgson has done the best job in God knows how long with England.

He's generally picked who's ever playing well at the time. He has his favourites Wilshire etc... but I do think he's actually trying to build a team rather than pick the 'best' names.

It looked like he was trying to shove all 3 strikers on the pitch tonight, but I'm pretty sure he's played a diamond a few times in qualification. So he was actually playing a system the players know, but seeing how the 3 of them got on.

I think they will surprise a few people.

Unread 03-06-2016, 02:02 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Agreed. I know he didn't have the best world cup. But I actually think Hodgson has done the best job in God knows how long with England.

He's generally picked who's ever playing well at the time. He has his favourites Wilshire etc... but I do think he's actually trying to build a team rather than pick the 'best' names.

It looked like he was trying to shove all 3 strikers on the pitch tonight, but I'm pretty sure he's played a diamond a few times in qualification. So he was actually playing a system the players know, but seeing how the 3 of them got on.

I think they will surprise a few people.
Maybe. I certainly won't be surprised when they get dumped out.

Hodgson

Unread 03-06-2016, 05:58 AM
utd99

Is a player choosing a top three team in Europe over a transitioning Europa team necessarily a sign that we £#%&!ed up? Sometimes players just pick other clubs; what can you do?

Unread 03-06-2016, 09:01 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Is a player choosing a top three team in Europe over a transitioning Europa team necessarily a sign that we £#%&!ed up? Sometimes players just pick other clubs; what can you do?
Shut up?

Unread 03-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Cream

Quote:
Was he playing??

Can't say that I noticed, which doesn't bode well for the lad.

I wasn't really watching per se, more looking up every now and then but the point still stands.

Unread 03-06-2016, 10:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think rumours of hesitation on United's end and Munich benefiting from it is what is leading everyone to consider it a £#%&! up. Looks decent tbf. Have to consider what our budget is though, major surgery required on the squad again, could we afford another £30-40m on an 18 year old, and the issues that may come with him settling, erratic performances etc.

Unread 03-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

It looked like he was trying to shove all 3 strikers on the pitch tonight,.
Not seen the game but he said prior that they picked Portugal to prepare tactically for Wales, a functional side with one stand out player. When they realised Ronnie wouldn't play they decided to change tactics completely.

Unread 03-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not seen the game but he said prior that they picked Portugal to prepare tactically for Wales, a functional side with one stand out player. When they realised Ronnie wouldn't play they decided to change tactics completely.
it was clearly an experimental line-up, and surely designed to give £#%&! all away on the eve of the tournament.

question would be whether they actually have anything much to give away i suppose.

Unread 03-06-2016, 01:24 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think rumours of hesitation on United's end and Munich benefiting from it is what is leading everyone to consider it a £#%&! up. Looks decent tbf. Have to consider what our budget is though, major surgery required on the squad again, could we afford another £30-40m on an 18 year old, and the issues that may come with him settling, erratic performances etc.
hesitation was down to LVG though according to the rumours...why would they care what he thought with Jose lined up?

Unread 03-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Neo

Quote:
Looks the business. Woodward.

His first contribution was picking up the ball with nothing on, then leaving Sterling and Rooney for dead, before being hacked down.

As soon as I saw that, mans were like:

Hopefully he does an Anderson, as Ando showed similar promise/ability at the same age.
Closed Thread