United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Spock ...

Default Blocked ear

Had this lurgy which seems to be going about and knocked me sideways for a week. Anyhow, over the worst but 5 days ago one ear blocked up and the bloody thing is still clogged, like i've got an earplug in. I can blow and equalise then hear crackling/gunk moving then it just blocks back up. I have taken loads of sudofed on advice of a chemist, nose not congested just my bloody ear

any suggestions?

Old 30-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Billy Bigb***** ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Had this lurgy which seems to be going about and knocked me sideways for a week. Anyhow, over the worst but 5 days ago one ear blocked up and the bloody thing is still clogged, like i've got an earplug in. I can blow and equalise then hear crackling/gunk moving then it just blocks back up. I have taken loads of sudofed on advice of a chemist, nose not congested just my bloody ear

any suggestions?
Antibiotics, go and see your quack

Old 30-04-2017, 11:18 PM
Crumps ...

Two liter bottle
Fill with warm water
Position over ear (preferably in the bath or shower)
Pour in to ear
Repeat

Or a few drops of Olive oil.

I have manky diseased ears and these do the trick for me.

Old 30-04-2017, 11:20 PM
taff ...

this stuff.

if no better after a few days make an appointment to get it syringed.

Old 30-04-2017, 11:22 PM
Spock ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Two liter bottle
Fill with warm water
Position over ear (preferably in the bath or shower)
Pour in to ear
Repeat

Or a few drops of Olive oil.

I have manky diseased ears and these do the trick for me.
Considering this but is that not for wax? never had a blocked ear before only since this cold/mild flu . will give it a try though

Billy, antibiotics no good for colds though?

Old 30-04-2017, 11:22 PM
BarryX ...

Youtube ear wax extraction. Unbelievable the amount of gunk that gets clogged up.

Old 30-04-2017, 11:25 PM
Spock ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Considering this but is that not for wax? never had a blocked ear before only since this cold/mild flu . will give it a try though

Billy, antibiotics no good for colds though?
taff, cheers, will also try

Old 30-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Marlon Van Baron ...

It's probably your sinus or inner ear that's blocked. That will only clear with either anti-biotics or steroids. Alternatively like me if it still doesn't clear you will need surgery and a small tube inserted into your ear drum which will allow for air flow through your inner ear. I have suffered since a child with my ears and am now 42 and still having issues.

Old 30-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Bunker Buster ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
It's probably your sinus or inner ear that's blocked. That will only clear with either anti-biotics or steroids. Alternatively like me if it still doesn't clear you will need surgery and a small tube inserted into your ear drum which will allow for air flow through your inner ear. I have suffered since a child with my ears and am now 42 and still having issues.
Hahahahahahah ear mong.

Old 30-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Cream ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
this stuff.

if no better after a few days make an appointment to get it syringed.
Never use that shit, it's basically acid you pour into your head.

You've most likely got an infection. Should be reet in a few days - unless you have a weak immune system, in which case go and see your doctor.
Closed Thread