United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 25-04-2017, 11:21 PM
silv

Default Psychics/clairvoyants

Anyone believe in them or had an eerie experience?

I got cold read in Thailand, quite obviously... but surely they aren't all frauds?

Tempted to go see a local gypsy tomorrow on my lunch break and do some further digging

Old 25-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

Tempted to go see a local gypsy tomorrow on my lunch break and do some further digging
Good to see you working that second job. I predict great success.

Old 25-04-2017, 11:25 PM
ScarFace

Well if you're into space , you'll know about infinity....so there has to be one version of existence where Derek Acorah isn't full of shit.

Old 25-04-2017, 11:27 PM
My Name is Keith

It's utter horseshit. Hth. Russel grant is more credible.

Their skill, if there is one, is being able to read people and then brazenly lie. That said, I can only ever imagine it being the weak and vulnerable getting sucked in.

Edit I once did a live clairvoyant session on here and pure was my subject

Old 25-04-2017, 11:58 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

utter wankers who deserve everything bad that happens to them

Old 26-04-2017, 12:00 AM
redhegemony

an easy technique to develop - people hear what they want to hear.

Old 26-04-2017, 12:05 AM
Sparky***

You could kind of understand this sort of bollocks fooling people back in the 1700s when your average person was a toothless peasant and were a bit more uneducated and gullible.

But fucking hell in 2017 after we've put a man on the fucking moon and invented the internet - people are still paying some con artist to tell them a load of vague made up bullshit claiming theyre communicating with spirits or whatever.

Spiritualists, Psychics - whatever you want to call them. They're snake oil salesman. They take advantage of people's need to have answers to questions that can't be answered. People who buy 'thinking of you cards' and make facebook posts marking the anniversary of when someone died. It's no coincidence that when they have these fucking spiritualists performing that about 90% of the audience are women.

Old 26-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Poop

Surely the easiest way to make a twat out of them is to ask if your non-existant dead wife is happy and if you have her blessing to marry a non-existant new partner?

Old 26-04-2017, 01:52 AM
Arnold Muhren

Old 26-04-2017, 06:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Watch the Netflix / YouTube doc - An honest Liar by the famous James Randi...

The bit where he infiltrated and totally exposed Peter popooff (at the time a touring medium making millions) is brilliant.....the prick was using an ear piece and radio..his wife promoting him..

You filled out a form about your diseases and addresses before the show

"I'm getting silv.....a seaside town, mouth mouth.....Plymouth. Lazyness.."

Etc.

Also hated Uri Geller hounded him for years and years...

De bunks a lot of other stuff too...

Closed Thread