United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Whip Hubley ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Have developed a strong admiration for cats. The ultimate animal wum machine.

A cat's meow - something they only ever do to communicate with humans - is set at the same frequency as a baby's cry. So they've tapped in to a human genetic predisposition to respond urgently to their noise.

It's true too.

If one of my three dogs starts barking at 3.00am I'm of a mind to shout at them on the presumption that nobody is trying to break in and they probably just heard a leaf dropping on the conservatory roof. (Note: no offering thanks to them for the effort, for their motivation to alert me to a possible danger, to their actual intention to help me).

But if I hear the cat giving it the full beans at 2.00am, I'm out of bed like a flash running to her aid as if she's a baby trapped under the wreckage of earth quake. She's in the bathroom, doing nothing. Just looks at me.

It's like living with Jeremy Beadle. If Jeremy Beadle was also a mass murderer.

We have an 18 month year old boy who wakes us less than the 2 cats we have. They're f***ing funny though, so I don't care, even when I'm chasing Thor round the living room at 3am because he's scratching on doors for no obvious reason the bastard

dickhead

Old 05-05-2017, 02:23 PM
DuanePipe ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

We have an 18 month year old boy who wakes us less than the 2 cats we have. They're f**king funny though, so I don't care, even when I'm chasing Thor round the living room at 3am because he's scratching on doors for no obvious reason the bastard

dickhead

Last year I was on all fours in my underpants in the bathroom trying to encourage a frightened mouse in to an empty toilet roll so I could safely release him in to the garden when it dawned on me that I had not signed up for this.

She brings the mice in, she lets them go - always in the bathroom, I'm convinced because it has a step and has no easy escape routes. She then starts chasing it, which wakes me up. I get out of bed, bleary-eyed, I know what's happening. It's routine. The cat's got a mouse, I know the exact sound. Sometimes it takes me ages to find it, ages to catch it and in that time period she's gone back outside to catch another one or she's gone off to sleep in her hammock radiator bed.

Pure psychotic wums they are.

Old 05-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Whip Hubley ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe

Last year I was on all fours in my underpants in the bathroom trying to encourage a frightened mouse in to an empty toilet roll so I could safely release him in to the garden when it dawned on me that I had not signed up for this.

She brings the mice in, she lets them go - always in the bathroom, I'm convinced because it has a step and has no easy escape routes. She then starts chasing it, which wakes me up. I get out of bed, bleary-eyed, I know what's happening. It's routine. The cat's got a mouse, I know the exact sound. Sometimes it takes me ages to find it, ages to catch it and in that time period she's gone back outside to catch another one or she's gone off to sleep in her hammock radiator bed.

Pure psychotic wums they are.

Closed Thread