United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2019, 10:17 PM
caliban

I’m telling you now, Porto are going to win the home leg.

Still might not go through though...

Unread 09-04-2019, 10:18 PM
andyroo

Nah. The dippers will get a soft penalty if they're in any trouble.

Unread 09-04-2019, 10:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Manchester City have now lost all five of their European matches against English opponents, losing both legs of the 1970-71 Cup Winners’ Cup semi-final against Chelsea and both legs of last season’s Champions League quarter-final against Liverpool.

Unread 09-04-2019, 10:58 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I’d £#%&!ing love Son here
Would make a great front 3 with Rashford and Martial.

Unread 09-04-2019, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

It would be genuinely hilarious if city didn't overturn this in the second leg. Not the slightest chance of that actually happening, obviously.......

Unread 09-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It would be genuinely hilarious if city didn't overturn this in the second leg. Not the slightest chance of that actually happening, obviously.......
I think they're is. Spurs are good away. I think they'll score.

City have a lot to prove at this level. They don't often go deep into the CL and all the pressure and expectation is on them.

I'd say it's about even from here.

Unread 09-04-2019, 11:28 PM
Buck

Whenever I watch Spurs Sissoko is one of their best, if not the best player on the day. Hard to believe this is the same fella who was a bit of a meme before this season.

As for the game, they need a draw but there is no way Spurs will keep a clean sheet. They should back themselves to score even without Kane because when Moura came on he actually caused City quite a bit of trouble. They need to score the first goal. And if Walker plays as bad as he did tonight they should fancy their chances. That guy was diabolical both going forward and defending.

Unread 10-04-2019, 10:06 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Whenever I watch Spurs Sissoko is one of their best, if not the best player on the day. Hard to believe this is the same fella who was a bit of a meme before this season.

As for the game, they need a draw but there is no way Spurs will keep a clean sheet. They should back themselves to score even without Kane because when Moura came on he actually caused City quite a bit of trouble. They need to score the first goal. And if Walker plays as bad as he did tonight they should fancy their chances. That guy was diabolical both going forward and defending.
i only saw highlights last night and he looked ok, but he was £#%&!ing rubbish against liverpool

Unread 10-04-2019, 10:23 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
i only saw highlights last night and he looked ok, but he was £#%&!ing rubbish against liverpool
Missed his ‘Demba Ba’ chance in the game too.

@#%&!.

Unread 10-04-2019, 11:04 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
He was actually really good (at least 2nd half) against Liverpool however he £#%&!ed up that 2 v 1 so that's what people remember

He's got no creativity or goal scoring ability but he's an incredible work horse in the middle of the pitch
Can always do with a player like that in the middle of the pitch

Unread 10-04-2019, 11:08 AM
andyroo

It would not make a lot of sense to play an incredible workhorse in the middle of the pitch, at the side of the pitch.

Then again that's what we do with Valencia.

Unread 10-04-2019, 11:11 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He was actually really good (at least 2nd half) against Liverpool however he £#%&!ed up that 2 v 1 so that's what people remember

He's got no creativity or goal scoring ability but he's an incredible work horse in the middle of the pitch
Can always do with a player like that in the middle of the pitch
This. One thing that Pochettino does very well is work within a players limitations and focus on their strengths; he's taken Sissoko and turned him into a player that utilises his power and strength on the ball, that coupled with the high work rate (again something that Poch demands of all his players) and you have yourself a great base in midfield for others to work from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It would not make a lot of sense to play an incredible workhorse in the middle of the pitch, at the side of the pitch.

Then again that's what we do with Valencia.
Eh? He's been played centrally recently (Sissoko not the best number 7 we've had since Ronaldo).

Unread 10-04-2019, 11:16 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Eh? He's been played centrally recently (Sissoko not the best number 7 we've had since Ronaldo).
Of course. Ziggy just said "the middle of the pitch" a lot.

Unread 10-04-2019, 12:44 PM
TheFatGoth

No card

Unread 10-04-2019, 05:27 PM
red in cumbria

No video either, it would seem.
Closed Thread