United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:26 PM
MUFC One Love

Default Fergie's quotes about players losing focus and discipline.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but I didn't know what to make of them quotes? Who was he aiming it at? A warning to a few of our own players with this "personal glory" thing? He said "players today" but why would he say that randomly after a defeat?

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:27 PM
dodger

christmas party perhaps? dunno, I wondered about it too.

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:31 PM
turkred

thought it might have been a reference to Wes and his contract (or lack of it)

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but I didn't know what to make of them quotes? Who was he aiming it at? A warning to a few of our own players with this "personal glory" thing? He said "players today" but why would he say that randomly after a defeat?
The quotes will have been from before then surely.

They were in the papers on Sunday, I don't think he said it after the match.

He was on about celebrating as a team. Not sure who that was aimed at.

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:32 PM
red @rmy

Nani's backflips, the @#%&!.

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Smeggs

i think he's been wanting to speak publically since the xmas party, and the defeat at west ham gave him an opportunity to vent his anger.

'the personal glory' bit was the most interesting.

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Sparky***

what exactly were his quotes? I've been avoiding all forms of tabloid journalism since saturday.

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:35 PM
MUFC One Love

I don't know when they was from I just seen it on SSN after the defeat saying Fergie won't allow his players to lose focus and discipline then the bit about personal glory.

When I read personal glory I initially thought of Ronaldo and Rooney and maybe Carrick (with Rooney and Carrick not being involved) I thought he had %@#$&!ed them or something but the biggest personal glory merchant in our team is Ronaldo and he played (and it's since been said Rooney and Carrick were both ill) so it couldn't have been that.

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Sparky***

Maybe he feels Ronaldo's getting too big headed? I dunno. I can't see how he can slate the lad, he scores virtually all our goals ffs.

Maybe he should vent his anger more on sub-standard shite like Darren Fletcher, who stands like a tit in a trance when corners are being taken and Anton Ferdinand runs in behind him to score.

Or is it the jocko mafia?

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Ether

It was a bit weird, he had a moan about players wearing ear-rings and having tattoos.

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Anderson was a prime target. Without doubt.

Pulling Ronaldo away from his team-mates to go and celebrate on their own a few weeks back (Sporting) hopefully saw him get a rocket up his arse for a start off.

Unread 31-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Maybe he feels Ronaldo's getting too big headed? I dunno. I can't see how he can slate the lad, he scores virtually all our goals ffs.

Maybe he should vent his anger more on sub-standard shite like Darren Fletcher, who stands like a tit in a trance when corners are being taken and Anton Ferdinand runs in behind him to score.

Or is it the jocko mafia?
Take it you did see Vidic get out-jumped for the 2nd goal Sparky?

Unread 31-12-2007, 02:32 PM
keano's love

Quote:
I don't know when they was from I just seen it on SSN after the defeat saying Fergie won't allow his players to lose focus and discipline then the bit about personal glory.

When I read personal glory I initially thought of Ronaldo and Rooney and maybe Carrick (with Rooney and Carrick not being involved) I thought he had %@#$&!ed them or something but the biggest personal glory merchant in our team is Ronaldo and he played (and it's since been said Rooney and Carrick were both ill) so it couldn't have been that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Anderson was a prime target. Without doubt.

Pulling Ronaldo away from his team-mates to go and celebrate on their own a few weeks back (Sporting) hopefully saw him get a rocket up his arse for a start off.
what shit is this?

Have you seen ever ronaldo when celebrating? it matters to him. Have you seen how the other members celebrate with roanldo? jesus some on here don't want the best player in the world in there side.

Next we hear evra is #@&%!ed and acts like a slave because he polishes ronaldo's boots in celebration.

And throb, Anderson wasn't pulling ronaldo just to go on the side of the touchline and have a £#%&!. he probably wanted to do a different celebration.

And so much so annoyed that fergie was, he played in the 2 biggest games this season. arsenal and liverpool away.

Unread 31-12-2007, 02:34 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
christmas party perhaps? dunno, I wondered about it too.
got it in one

Unread 31-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
what shit is this?

Have you seen ever ronaldo when celebrating? it matters to him. Have you seen how the other members celebrate with roanldo? jesus some on here don't want the best player in the world in there side.

Next we hear evra is #@&%!ed and acts like a slave because he polishes ronaldo's boots in celebration.

And throb, Anderson wasn't pulling ronaldo just to go on the side of the touchline and have a £#%&!. he probably wanted to do a different celebration.

And so much so annoyed that fergie was, he played in the 2 biggest games this season. arsenal and liverpool away.
Ronaldo doesn't celebrate other players goals, and he gets £35,000 for every goal he scores. Fact.

Unread 31-12-2007, 02:48 PM
MUFC One Love

Sharath, you silly little £#%&!er.

Where did I say I don't want him in the team? You're ridiculous blind defence of Ronaldo on anything is embarrassing unless you're about 15 and you have posters of him and a duvet.

All I was saying what the person in our team who seems to enjoy personal awards and getting a lot of goals himself and is always talking about him and his future is Ronaldo more than anyone else you idiot. I don't think he is bad with it tbh, I was just pointing out that can't be the reason Rooney and Carrick were not in the squad.

What will you do when "CR7" joins Madrid?

Unread 31-12-2007, 02:53 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Sharath, you silly little £#%&!er.

Where did I say I don't want him in the team? You're ridiculous blind defence of Ronaldo on anything is embarrassing unless you're about 15 and you have posters of him and a duvet.

All I was saying what the person in our team who seems to enjoy personal awards and getting a lot of goals himself and is always talking about him and his future is Ronaldo more than anyone else you idiot. I don't think he is bad with it tbh, I was just pointing out that can't be the reason Rooney and Carrick were not in the squad.

What will you do when "CR7" joins Madrid?
you plonker, have you even seen ronaldo play, when he scores goals, when tevez scored at liverpool, his interviews, his interviews with rooney? what a sick @#%&! you are... I bet you are gutted that our best player is portugese.

Unread 31-12-2007, 03:04 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
you plonker, have you even seen ronaldo play, when he scores goals, when tevez scored at liverpool, his interviews, his interviews with rooney? what a sick @#%&! you are... I bet you are gutted that our best player is portugese.

I'm not saying Ronaldo is selfish, can't you read? But if there was anyone in our team who was a bit over conscience of personal glory then I'd say that was Ronaldo, (again, I'm not saying he always is, I'm just saying he is the most likely, nothing wrong with wanting to do well for yourself)I only made the point about this to highlight that it can't be the reason why Rooney and Carrick were not in the squad as I initially thought they might have been, but it turns out they was just ill.

Oh, and yep, that's why I've chanted Portugal and have sung the Ronaldo song many a time (makes England look shite) - you know, at games? Which you haven't been too. When you've never been to a United game it's a bit ironic to sit there going on about how someone is gutted about someone being a different nationality when I've supported and backed him at games and not from the Internet over in India.

Unread 31-12-2007, 03:07 PM
keano's love

Quote:

I'm not saying Ronaldo is selfish, can't you read? But if there was anyone in our team who was a bit over conscience of personal glory then I'd say that was Ronaldo, (again, I'm not saying he always is, I'm just saying he is the most likely, nothing wrong with wanting to do well for yourself)I only made the point about this to highlight that it can't be the reason why Rooney and Carrick were not in the squad as I initially thought they might have been, but it turns out they was just ill.

Oh, and yep, that's why I've chanted Portugal and have sung the Ronaldo song many a time (makes England look shite) - you know, at games? Which you haven't been too. When you've never been to a United game it's a bit ironic to sit there going on about how someone is gutted about someone being a different nationality when I've supported and backed him at games and not from the Internet over in India.
you are a said £#%&!er aren't you. one of those bullied over at school.

trying to make it sound like opinion matters because you have attended a few games.

Its so good to see you £#%&!ing gutted. the day the team will be full of foriegners will be splendid.

also you are on my ignore list.

Unread 31-12-2007, 03:12 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
you are a said £#%&!er aren't you. one of those bullied over at school.

trying to make it sound like opinion matters because you have attended a few games.

Its so good to see you £#%&!ing gutted. the day the team will be full of foriegners will be splendid.

also you are on my ignore list.
It's funny how you and another 1-2 make out people don't want foreigners in the team My biggest hero is a forienger (Cantona - you probably don't know who he is) Stop covering over the fact you're a glory hunting thick @#%&! by going on about this foreign thing and making things up like I'm saying I have attended a few games to make my opinion matter. No, I only said that because I made you look a @#%&! 'cos I've backed Ronaldo at games and I'm not fond of the England team, you had no reply so made something up, I.E saying I said it to make my opinion count.

Oh and I've been to more than a few, you haven't been to one, when will you back Ronaldo? Just think I've backed your hero more than you.
Closed Thread