Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2017, 09:36 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Even livepool fans said Matip looked wobbly on Saturday

Matip instead of Jones

The man is literally off his swede. I don't blame him though - wtf are the BBC doing is it a big wum on their part?

Maybe he has a clause in his contract....
Was class again yesterday wasn't he? Him and mad Eric is becoming a good partnership, with Dave behind them aswell

Just hope the clumsy @#%&! can stay fit for a bit, at least until big snide Marcos is back, or Linders stops being a soft bastard etc..

Unread 18-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Was class again yesterday wasn't he? Him and mad Eric is becoming a good partnership, with Dave behind them aswell

Just hope the clumsy @#%&! can stay fit for a bit, at least until big snide Marcos is back, or Linders stops being a soft bastard etc..

He was quietly brilliant. Love mad Eric, but he's a bit rash. Suddenly jones has become the bastion of Solidity in the side, and it's deeply unsettling

Unread 18-09-2017, 11:11 AM
sa7

Quote:
Sead Kolasinac is built like one of those North London brick toilets that withstood bombing raids during the Second World War.
I'll defer to his knowledge of public toilets

Unread 18-09-2017, 11:16 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
i £#%&!ing love that picture

Unread 25-09-2017, 05:47 AM
20 times

“coach Pep Guardiola, who comes to work dressed like he's going to a family barbecue on a Sunday afternoon”

Unread 25-09-2017, 06:15 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Matip must have been benefiting from defending alongside those utter clowns Lovren, Klavan and Moreno
honestly, that's the only way any Liverpool defenders can fool anyone into thinking they're capable.

Surprised he's missed out Coutinho who ran their game

Unread 25-09-2017, 09:31 AM
TheFatGoth

Coutinho made it. Mignolet though?

Quote:
Stoke on the other hand, although they lost, deserve some praise for taking the champions on at their own game
Quote:
Philippe Coutinho is back, if you were in any doubt (and I was).
Quote:
Chilwell and Leicester paid the price for thinking Coutinho is a mere mortal
Quote:
Had Francis been playing against Duncan Ferguson I suspect it would have been Francis leaving the field of play, but on a stretcher

Unread 25-09-2017, 09:53 AM
taff

i'm in awe at the partridgesque phrase 'gift-wrapped chest pass'.

Unread 25-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i'm in awe at the partridgesque phrase 'gift-wrapped chest pass'.
Someone has access to Fellaini's santa list.

Unread 25-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Billy Redface

Stoke desrve some praise 4-0. At home. £#%&!ing moron.

#proudoftheladstonight

Unread 25-09-2017, 11:13 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Stoke desrve some praise 4-0. At home. £#%&!ing moron.

#proudoftheladstonight
He’s mental isn’t he?

Unread 25-09-2017, 03:44 PM
red in cumbria

Mignolet saved a pelanty, so that means he was brilliant obviously

Unread 02-10-2017, 12:03 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
What must be worrying for Chelsea manager Antonio Conte and Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is how well Guardiola's team carried out his instructions to the letter.

Let's not forget this performance was merely four days after City had brushed aside Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League. It's the second time they have been so impressive after a jaunt in Europe and it is becoming an impressive feature. A bit like their goalkeeper really.
Quote:
There may be some of my readers who feel a defender whose team loses is fortunate to be in my side, and they would be right. However Maya Yoshida's equaliser for Southampton against Stoke was so brilliantly taken it deserved selection all by itself.
Quote:
A player such as Nacho Monreal is not the sort of defender I naturally gravitate towards, but I feel compelled to select him. Performances from players such as former Gunners full-back Lauren used to thrill me, while Sol Campbell seemed to get better the bigger the occasion. Then there was William Gallas, who was amazing, and Ashley Cole who, for five years, was the best left-back in the world. These were defenders - some of whom were part of their 'Invincibles' side - I greatly admired.

Now Monreal is not in this class
Quote:
It was like watching a great white shark tossing its prey about before devouring the poor soul. It took Palace far too long to plug that gap.
Quote:
An Arsenal fan said to me, almost in desperation that "we weren't playing anybody". Quite why he insisted making 'me' part of the 'we' I wasn't entirely sure, but the point he was trying to make was that Huddersfield are not a Manchester United, Manchester City or even an Arsenal for that matter. OK, I get that, but I have seen Harry Kane do what he did to David Wagner's side to all the above.

Unread 02-10-2017, 12:04 PM
sweetleftfoot

The internets shittest thread

Unread 02-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Quote:
An Arsenal fan said to me, almost in desperation that "we weren't playing anybody". Quite why he insisted making 'me' part of the 'we' I wasn't entirely sure, but the point he was trying to make was that Huddersfield are not a Manchester United, Manchester City or even an Arsenal for that matter. OK, I get that, but I have seen Harry Kane do what he did to David Wagner's side to all the above.
So did the Arsenal fan say "we" when referring to Spurs? Unlikely. He probably said "you". So he made "you", or "me", part of the "you". As you is already a part of you, don't see the issue.

Weird headed @#%&!.

Unread 02-10-2017, 12:08 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126323

Unread 02-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256038

Edit

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256334

Unread 02-10-2017, 12:36 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa

Unread 02-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Billy Redface

"What must be worrying for Chelsea manager Antonio Conte and Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is how well Guardiola's team carried out his instructions to the letter"

Yep. I imagine Jose's Saturday night was ruined as he sat there thinking

'those players really followed instructions well'

Unread 03-10-2017, 10:34 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Love that I hit deep enough for you to go back 8 years for me. I bet you binge ate first didn't you
Closed Thread