Originally Posted by puressence
Most sought out manager in Europe. Like I said
He relegated Hull, didn't he?

Unread 26-11-2017, 01:31 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Most sought out manager in Europe. Like I said
Yeah because Everton represent the whole of Europe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He relegated Hull, didn't he?
Sure did. Only had 22 games to save them...

Unread 26-11-2017, 01:54 PM
20 times

Big Sam probably reckons that if he was called Mark Silver, no one would want him

Unread 26-11-2017, 02:30 PM
puressence

If Jose walked tomorrow utd would get him

Unread 26-11-2017, 04:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Big Sam probably reckons that if he was called Mark Silver, no one would want him
He may have a sort of point tbh.

Unread 26-11-2017, 10:58 PM
Kangared

Quote:
There is some truth in that. I do like what he has done at Watford but pound for pound I think Dyche & Chris Houghton have done as well if not better.

Unread 26-11-2017, 11:00 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
There is some truth in that. I do like what he has done at Watford but pound for pound I think Dyche & Chris Houghton have done as well if not better.
What about Gary Rowett?

Unread 27-11-2017, 08:37 AM
20 times

Quote:
What has Dyche done that is so impressive? Kept up a promoted team? They’re currently 7th. You’d think they were on the verge of doing what Ranieri did with Leicester

Unread 27-11-2017, 10:57 PM
sa7

Quote:
What has Dyche done that is so impressive?
Been a ginger pretend hard @#%&! with a ridiculous voice.

Oh, and been an English manager. It is a badge of honour these days.

Unread 27-11-2017, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Tbf if Burnley finish this season around where they are now he will have genuinely done well. But let's see if they do eh?

Unread 27-11-2017, 11:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
People definitely going OTT on Silva atm. I believe Watford have the same amount of points now as they did at this stage last season. That said, the most impressive thing he’s done here was how quickly Hull looked a properly coached side after he took over.

By all accounts within the club he made Phelan look a charlatan by comparison. Shock.

Unread 27-11-2017, 11:59 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
People definitely going OTT on Silva atm. I believe Watford have the same amount of points now as they did at this stage last season. That said, the most impressive thing he’s done here was how quickly Hull looked a properly coached side after he took over.

By all accounts within the club he made Phelan look a charlatan by comparison. Shock.
But...but Phelan is English!

Unread 28-11-2017, 12:12 PM
puressence

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...nhos-path.html

Unread 28-11-2017, 04:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
A comparison with Mourinho. How original, Daily Mail.

Nothing alike, obviously.

Unread 28-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Jethro

Still waiting on a list of all the top clubs after him.

Unread 28-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
So if we use your logic from the recent City discussion, I take it your observation that Silva is doing well means you hope Watford win tonight?

Quote:

They came to OT not long after he was appointed and they were very tough to break down.

Ultimately, he didn't do enough though. They never looked as good later in the season as they did wjen he initially came in.

He's doing well at Watford, but they're riding a bit of a wave of confidence right now. I'll be surprised if they're top 8 by the time the new year kicks in.

As ever, so much hype based on so little. Let's at least wait til he actually has a full season under his belt somewhere before comparing him with one or the most successful managers of the last 15 years.

Unread 28-11-2017, 06:51 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
So if we use your logic from the recent City discussion, I take it your observation that Silva is doing well means you hope Watford win tonight?

They came to OT not long after he was appointed and they were very tough to break down.

Ultimately, he didn't do enough though. They never looked as good later in the season as they did wjen he initially came in.

He's doing well at Watford, but they're riding a bit of a wave of confidence right now. I'll be surprised if they're top 8 by the time the new year kicks in.

As ever, so much hype based on so little. Let's at least wait til he actually has a full season under his belt somewhere before comparing him with one or the most successful managers of the last 15 years.
Why would I want Watford to win. Odd @#%&!

Unread 28-11-2017, 06:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Why would I want Watford to win. Odd c***
Because of the reasons I've just written in the post you've quoted, you dunce.

Unread 28-11-2017, 06:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Hull also immediately just looked a better footballing side. They could even have won at OT iirc; hit the inside of the post. Keeping them up looked impossible and he came close so overall he did well. He’s a very promising manager but I agree it’s way too much hyperbole atm.

Aside from the complete contrast in status with Mourinho, who arrived a superstar having just won the European Cup, he’s also a completely different character. He used to work as a pundit in Portugal and people found him dull. Nice polite lowkey bloke.

Basically that Mail article should have just said: “He’s Portuguese. Mourinho was Portuguese when he arrived too.”

Unread 28-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Hull also immediately just looked a better footballing side. They could even have won at OT iirc; hit the inside of the post. Keeping them up looked impossible and he came close so overall he did well. He’s a very promising manager but I agree it’s way too much hyperbole atm.

Aside from the complete contrast in status with Mourinho, who arrived a superstar having just won the European Cup, he’s also a completely different character. He used to work as a pundit in Portugal and people found him dull. Nice polite lowkey bloke.

Basically that Mail article should have just said: “He’s Portuguese. Mourinho was Portuguese when he arrived too.”

Pretty much.
Closed Thread