United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2021, 03:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
De gea is a massive goth @#%&! and no way would he approach the board.... Rio is the plug.
I kind of see it....

Unread 06-07-2021, 04:34 PM
Switching Off

Think we were focused on Fabregas at the time, and excluded Thiago on that basis. Then Fabregas turned us down and we ended up missing Fellaini's buyout and panicking. Downhill ever since

Unread 06-07-2021, 04:48 PM
puressence

Fabregas was joining 100 percent rang van Persie in Australia we were on tour said I’m joining. Ed came back early from tour by the time he got back think he’d decided to stay at Barca. That’s a true story from an ex player turned mutv legend who was sat at the same table in the hotel

Unread 06-07-2021, 04:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Fabregas was joining 100 percent rang van Persie in Australia we were on tour said I’m joining. Ed came back early from tour by the time he got back think he’d decided to stay at Barca. That’s a true story from an ex player turned mutv legend who was sat at the same table in the hotel
Deffo think there have been a few sliding doors moments gone against us since Fergie stepped down tbh.

Unread 06-07-2021, 05:03 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I think the gamechanger with him was Vilanova having to step down. He hadn't been giving Fabregas the guarantees he'd wanted about a first team place, and it was a world cup year. New manager, what was his name, Martino, tells all the players it's a fresh start, and Fabregas is happy to stay.

Which isn't to say that Woody wasn't making a mad woman's breakfast of the negotiations.

Unread 06-07-2021, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Sounds completely believable, that's the most important thing.

Unread 06-07-2021, 07:38 PM
puressence

It’s 100 percent true that story. The ex old red even confirmed it

Unread 06-07-2021, 07:52 PM
red in cumbria

So apart from Bogbrush, what were these signings we were "well done the line" with (and, of course, never actually happened)?

Unread 06-07-2021, 08:52 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Peak earning potential and reputation maybe.
Peak shorts size.

Unread 06-07-2021, 09:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Peak shorts size.
He was Pure's peak short size by the time he left.

Unread 06-07-2021, 11:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Which isn't to say that Woody wasn't making a mad woman's breakfast of the negotiations.
We have his subsequent eight years as evidence for that.

Unread 07-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So apart from Bogbrush, what were these signings we were "well done the line" with (and, of course, never actually happened)?
First summer they wasted most of it on Fabregas, Bale and Ronaldo. Moyes didnt have a lot of input, assuming they were competent at their job and hoping a couple would come off. As Pure says, Fabregas at least appeared realistic for while, but in the end we were scrambling for Fellaini after his release clause had expired.

Unread 07-07-2021, 10:23 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
First summer they wasted most of it on Fabregas, Bale and Ronaldo. Moyes didnt have a lot of input, assuming they were competent at their job and hoping a couple would come off. As Pure says, Fabregas at least appeared realistic for while, but in the end we were scrambling for Fellaini after his release clause had expired.
Moyes was still wondering how he’d got the job in the first place. Ed made a power grab and we’ve been suffering ever since.

Unread 07-07-2021, 10:45 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Moyes was still wondering how he’d got the job in the first place. Ed made a power grab and we’ve been suffering ever since.
Yep. Fabregas, Bale and Ronaldo I think anyone remotely clued up knew the latter two were never gonna happen, and as for Fabregas... he was no doubt a great player but the fact we had no back up or contingency plan says it all.

Moyes was shit and should have been nowhere near the club, but in hindsight I think he was a decent guy who got eaten up by Woodward’s ambition and was mugged off just as much as anyone else.

Unread 07-07-2021, 11:05 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yep. Fabregas, Bale and Ronaldo I think anyone remotely clued up knew the latter two were never gonna happen, and as for Fabregas... he was no doubt a great player but the fact we had no back up or contingency plan says it all.

Moyes was shit and should have been nowhere near the club, but in hindsight I think he was a decent guy who got eaten up by Woodward’s ambition and was mugged off just as much as anyone else.
As an extension of that, it's probably been Ed dumping managers to stop himself being exposed as the weak link.

Unread 07-07-2021, 11:25 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
As an extension of that, it's probably been Ed dumping managers to stop himself being exposed as the weak link.
And still in charge. 11 days from the first pre season friendly and we might have 1 of the minimum 3 signings we need this summer.

Unread 07-07-2021, 11:26 AM
andyroo

Quote:
That would require a level of self-awareness the chinless #@&%! isn't capable of

Unread 07-07-2021, 11:38 AM
AK14

Weren’t there rumours at the time that Fergie and Gill lined up Thiago and Garay but Moyes and Woody ditched those deals for the 3 mentioned above?

Unread 07-07-2021, 12:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That would require a level of self-awareness the chinless #@&%! isn't capable of
Don't worry, he's Team Ed, which means £#%&!ing over others and scapegoat placement wherever possible.

Unread 07-07-2021, 12:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Weren’t there rumours at the time that Fergie and Gill lined up Thiago and Garay but Moyes and Woody ditched those deals for the 3 mentioned above?
and James from Porto.

Pretty sure Fergie said something 'off the record' about setting Moyes up to succeed and he came in and refused the players and replaced the backroom staff

Don't forget Moyes lusting after Baines as well
Closed Thread