United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2010, 11:37 AM
dunk

Default Re: So apparently United agreed to sell Ronaldo on 8th December 2008?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Never mind, lets have a look at what you could have won

I've always wanted a speedboat

Unread 10-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
ooohh, contentious, Microsoft Project is a cracking bit of software
But it's not part of the office suite professional edition, sorry.

Unread 10-02-2010, 11:50 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
And he turned down Barca and Inter?

http://www.imscouting.com/global-new...l-Madrid/5670/
10 days later

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson has dismissed any suggestion that a private deal has been struck regarding a summer transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid. With an outburst yesterday that was as heartfelt as it was outspoken, the Manchester United manager as good as drew a halt to the hope of cordiality between the clubs returning any time in the near future.

Responding to reports in a Spanish newspaper that Pedro Trapote, a Real director, revealed it had been agreed that Ronaldo would move to Spain at the end of the season, Ferguson was contemptuous. Speaking slowly for greater emphasis, he sneered: “Do you think I would get into a contract with that mob? No chance, exactly. Christ almighty, I wouldn’t sell them a virus, let alone Cristiano Ronaldo. So you can take that as a no. There is no agreement whatsoever between the clubs.”

Who was being economical with the truth ?

Events would seem to suggest that Real had the deal

Fergusons and Gill's denial is seriously thrown into a poor light because of events

One glaring question arises for me

Did either of them know about the existence of a deal or was it conducted exclusively between Florida and Madrid ?

Before anyone starts I am aware this is speculation but it's what things are reduced to when every £#%&!er tells porkies

Unread 10-02-2010, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
But it's not part of the office suite professional edition, sorry.
It's on the bent copy I've got

Unread 10-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Zorg

It was all made up by the media.

Unread 10-02-2010, 12:50 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Pretty sure we sold ronaldo

Unread 10-02-2010, 01:00 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
10 days later

Fergusons and Gill's denial is seriously thrown into a poor light because of events

Did either of them know about the existence of a deal or was it conducted exclusively between Florida and Madrid ?

Before anyone starts I am aware this is speculation but it's what things are reduced to when every £#%&!er tells porkies
Season ticket renewals. The club wouldn't want people knowing Ronaldo was leaving before season ticket renewals, would they?

Unread 10-02-2010, 01:15 PM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Season ticket renewals. The club wouldn't want people knowing Ronaldo was leaving before season ticket renewals, would they?
£#%&! knows what they're going to do this year then?

nft.

Unread 10-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Pretty sure we sold ronaldo

Unread 10-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
10 days later

I think that will come out, but only after Fergie retires. I would imagine that even if a deal was done and even if Fergie knew about it, he'd have done his best to keep Ronaldo at United

Unread 10-02-2010, 01:32 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten

nft.
Jan 29 2010

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has insisted Wayne Rooney is not for sale at any price, and also stressed that the club is not for sale.
Rooney has reportedly attracted interest from both Madrid and Barcelona, but Gill has reassured the club's supporters that the star striker is going nowhere.
He said: 'I'm very, very confident in saying that unless Sir Alex (Ferguson) agreed to it, we would not accept an offer for a player that we wanted to keep - regardless of the value.

'From my own personal perspective, and Alex's, we have no doubt in saying that they (United's owners, the Glazer family) would support whatever we require from a team perspective.'

Unread 10-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Jan 29 2010

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has insisted Wayne Rooney is not for sale at any price, and also stressed that the club is not for sale.
Rooney has reportedly attracted interest from both Madrid and Barcelona, but Gill has reassured the club's supporters that the star striker is going nowhere.
He said: 'I'm very, very confident in saying that unless Sir Alex (Ferguson) agreed to it, we would not accept an offer for a player that we wanted to keep - regardless of the value.

'From my own personal perspective, and Alex's, we have no doubt in saying that they (United's owners, the Glazer family) would support whatever we require from a team perspective.'
Ronnie wanted to go, Wazza doesn't, it's a different game altogether

Unread 10-02-2010, 03:00 PM
red in cumbria

FFS, how many times does it need to be said.........

RONALDO WANTED TO LEAVE, ROONEY DOESN'T!!

Hope that has penetrated even the thickest, most conspiracy theory addicted skulls on here

Unread 10-02-2010, 03:33 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
FFS, how many times does it need to be said.........

RONALDO WANTED TO LEAVE, ROONEY DOESN'T!!

Hope that has penetrated even the thickest, most conspiracy theory addicted skulls on here

Keep the ball on the deck son

It's only the Interspazz and definitely not worth a coronary

Unread 10-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten

nft.
Pretend we are buying him back.

Unread 10-02-2010, 03:38 PM
red in cumbria

Cheers rubbers mate, but I'm perfectly calm

IF what is alleged in this thread title is true, then Fergie, Gill et al were in a bit of a no-win situation tbh frank, weren't they?

I expect even if SAF knew about this "deal", he still hoped to get Ronaldo to stay here for another year........

And who knows, if we had won in Rome, he might just have done so

Unread 10-02-2010, 03:46 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Oh no, you've lit the candle which will attract the moth.

Unread 10-02-2010, 03:46 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Cheers rubbers mate, but I'm perfectly calm

IF what is alleged in this thread title is true, then Fergie, Gill et al were in a bit of a no-win situation tbh frank, weren't they?

I expect even if SAF knew about this "deal", he still hoped to get Ronaldo to stay here for another year........

And who knows, if we had won in Rome, he might just have done so
Yep I think the decision was pretty much foisted on them and it does put them in a dificult position admittedly but..........

All the more of a pisser then that they publicly praise the gimps for not interfering,giving us the cash for new players bla bla bla

Unread 10-02-2010, 04:37 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Oh no, you've lit the candle which will attract the moth.
10 minutes tops?

Unread 10-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Alan

Gill and Ferguson in being full of shit shocker.

They will both say anything for money and to suit themselves, case in point both recently telling the fans they shouldn't protest.
Closed Thread