United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Terry Silver

Default Darren Fletcher interview in the Mail

Dunno if it's any good as I've not read it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...c-Rangers.html

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:19 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Fergie's interview in the Sun tomorrow is better

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Ether

Moody.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

Moody.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Ether

Good interview actually. Comes across as a good lad. The bit about Keano is quite interesting.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:26 AM
koppas

What did he say about keano? Cant be bothered to read it. If he insulted him,he is in trouble.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
What did he say about keano? Cant be bothered to read it. If he insulted him,he is in trouble.
Said that he hopes and expects to be as good a leader as Keano was one day.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:32 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Said that he hopes and expects to be as good a leader as Keano was one day.
Cheers. Was expecting you to give me some abuse then. Quietly surprised.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Ether

Quote:
That he was the biggest influence on his career, and the standards he set and drummed into the players are a major reason behind the success of the last couple of years.

Sure some of the Keano haters on here will be gutted to read that though.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:33 AM
armchair

Quote:
He was our captain, he was our leader and he left a mark: where we are now is down to him, our dedication comes from the standards he set. The rules about time-keeping, about getting in a half-hour early, they were his instructions back in the day and those traditions continue.
I was nearly crying.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Cheers. Was expecting you to give me some abuse then. Quietly surprised.
Why?

I've been bigging up your 'lapping' comment for days.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Love this at the very start :-

"If there is a defining moment in the career of Darren Fletcher, it came in the aftermath of a match in which he did not play. As substitute Fletcher joined the rest of the Manchester United squad celebrating their Champions League final victory over Chelsea in Moscow, Ryan Giggs stuck his head into the huddle of players.
‘He said, “Lads, this is what it’s all about — let’s have it next year as well”,’ Fletcher recalls. ‘And we were looking at this trophy, which hadn’t even been presented to us, and there was Ryan already talking about next year. It brought home to me what this club is about."

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
koppas

Quote:
Why?

I've been bigging up your 'lapping' comment for days.
Which one was that mate?

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
£#%&! KFC

some nice stuff from thhe Wizard

“I want my players to think of the history of their family. To carry the values of their class. Being from the working class today is facing a world full of technology and comfort that you can’t afford.

“The players can afford everything but I make sure they keep an ethos. And that starts by working hard.
“I try to touch the players in their heart. I tell them that nobody will knock on their door to offer them a trophy.

“That only work and solidarity will reward them. Of course you need technique, work and team spirit but you also need the sense of sacrifice. Bryan Robson was a complete and perfect example. To win, you need eight players in the rhythm and the good spirit. Then, they can carry the other three. Less than eight, it’s tough.

“It’s rare that players respect my tactical wishes throughout the heat of the game.
“It’s why I have always taken young players and never neglected the local players. So they can understand the United challenge.
“I prefer a player who can have a bad day but works like a madman more than a naturally-gifted player. I will give more time to the first one to improve because I know he will try and try. Roy Keane was like that. He maybe didn’t have the potential but he became an absolute Manchester United player.

“He strangled the life out of his opponents. He raised his game. Cristiano Ronaldo is another example."

agreed on Ronaldo

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Which one was that mate?
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=65

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:38 AM
koppas

Quote:
Oh yeah.

The only sensible thing I have ever said on this forum.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

I was rather harsh on Darren at times and that makes me rather embarrassed about it. A great interview with a good player, who doesn't get invited out for a drink much.

Unread 07-03-2009, 12:48 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I was rather harsh on Darren at times and that makes me rather embarrassed about it. A great interview with a good player, who doesn't get invited out for a drink much.
cos some @#%&! robbed all his "going out" clothes.

Unread 07-03-2009, 01:01 AM
thatsfuctit

nice

'They call him my dad or grandad,’ he says, ‘but I don’t think my nationality is anything to do with my time here. 'Let’s face it, the manager wouldn’t have won much had he built his career on being sympathetic to Scottish footballers!

Unread 07-03-2009, 01:08 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
nice

'They call him my dad or grandad,’ he says, ‘but I don’t think my nationality is anything to do with my time here. 'Let’s face it, the manager wouldn’t have won much had he built his career on being sympathetic to Scottish footballers!
Closed Thread