Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Stakker

Default Manchester United matches account for half of global EPL TV audience

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php...-audience.html

Quote:
Manchester United matches account for half of global EPL TV audience

Rebecca Hawkes ©RapidTVNews | 03-11-2011

Matches featuring Manchester United account for almost 52% of the English Premier League's entire television audience worldwide, according to Sportingintelligence.

The collective global TV audience for football's most exciting league is now said to be 4.7billion, according to German research consultancy SPORT+MARKT; with 3.9 billion watching matches at home, with a further 777 million watching in pubs, bars and restaurants.

Meanwhile, new data prepared by independent consultants for Manchester United puts the club's total global TV audience per season at 2.424 billion, says Sportingintelligence. This figure apparently equates to 51.8 per cent of the Premier League total.

On average 64 million TV viewers around the world tune into matches in which the Premier League champions Manchester United play, according to the new research.

This, and the SPORT+MARKT figures, relate to viewers watching the football matches live on television, plus on highlight shows or as repeats.

"United are the number one club by viewing by a very clear margin," Kevin Alavy of Future Sports + Entertainment (a division of international analysts Initative) is quoted as saying by Sportingintelligence.

"Across many years its clear United have the biggest share of the Premier League TV audience," Alavy added. "The SPORT+MARKT report and our own research no doubt use slightly different methodologies but their totals don't surprise me. United having a large share of the global figure is entirely in line with what we know."

It has also emerged this week that Manchester United is building an own brand social network and media outlet for the club's 500 million strong international fanbase. Marketing magazine reports that the new platform will host multimedia content, including exclusive player interviews and other video content from MUTV.

Social media was embraced last year by Manchester United, which now has 20 million fans on Facebook – more than any other Premier League club.
The whole world in fact only comes to see united.

Unread 04-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Neo

Default Re: Manchester United matches account for half of global EPL TV audience

I hate the phrase 'EPL'.

Unread 04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
dunk

Default Re: Manchester United matches account for half of global EPL TV audience

If we were able to sell the rights, nobody could compete. Nobody!

Would mean the death of football, but still...

Unread 04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Stakker

So do I, but it's what a growing number of people call the premier league outside of this country unfortunately.

I guess it's like us saying SPL for Scotland.

Unread 04-11-2011, 01:41 PM
borsuk

Thumbs down Re: Manchester United matches account for half of global EPL TV audience

city have an oil state

chelsea have an oil oligarch

real and barca have individual tv deals

psg, málaga, that russian outfit all have sugar daddies of various descriptions

united have what they can get from clever merchandising and their fan base, minus the debt payments.

modern football is a pile of £#%&!.

Unread 04-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Sloane

Suprising how many people want to watch an extra from big momma's house stomping round our midfield

Unread 04-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
city have an oil state

chelsea have an oil oligarch

real and barca have individual tv deals

psg, málaga, that russian outfit all have sugar daddies of various descriptions

united have what they can get from clever merchandising and their fan base, minus the debt payments.

modern football is a pile of £#%&!.
Anytime anybody wants to challenge us on one single penny we've spent, I always make a point of reminding them that Manchester United make their money the same way as virtually everybody else in the football league, minus obvious exceptions.

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Anytime anybody wants to challenge us on one single penny we've spent, I always make a point of reminding them that Manchester United make their money the same way as virtually everybody else in the football league, minus obvious exceptions.
exactly, if it was even true, we have never been the highest spenders in the league, but if it was true wwe are perfectly entitled to do it because of the work put in by alex ferguson
people take more umbridge with us spending our own hard earned than they ever have with city and chelsea

hated and adored, never ignored

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:23 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Manchester United matches account for half of global EPL TV audience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The day can't come quick enough when we negotiate our own tv deals. like you say, £#%&! these @#%&!s who've been getting millions off our backs in tv revenue.
Their "USA" chants won't be quite so funny when they no longer live clinging to our coat tails. The sooner we £#%&! off the Premier League the better.

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:39 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Manchester United matches account for half of global EPL TV audience

Quote:
didn't notice too many united fans doing much apart from laughing when hicks and gillette were £#%&!ing over the dippers, or ridsdale was taking lids down to the third division. football's tribal, you won't get any sympathy from others.
£#%&! other clubs, I'm talking about the PL, FA and even the £#%&!ing Government. They didn't lift a finger when United was plunged into huge debt, so I look forward to the day United destroys their 'product'. £#%&! them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I agree entirely. They should go to the courts and make it happen imo.

No £#%&!er cared about us, £#%&! them all.
Love it dunk

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:49 PM
borsuk

so you'd drop traditional fixtures, the english league, derbies etc just because the fa is a bunch of @#%&!s? if a european super-league ever comes about then football can £#%&! off, i'll have no interest left whatsoever.

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Crumps

Quote:
so you'd drop traditional fixtures, the english league, derbies etc just because the fa is a bunch of @#%&!s? if a european super-league ever comes about then football can £#%&! off, i'll have no interest left whatsoever.
Nah just do a Spain. £#%&! the rest of the teams they can scratch around with no hope of ever winning anything.

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
red in cumbria

Let's face it borsers, things are rapidly going that way regardless

The fact is though, the football authorities and the £#%&!ing bastard media DO leech off United. Had enough of it, tbh

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:54 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Nah just do a Spain. £#%&! the rest of the teams they can scratch around with no hope of ever winning anything.
Yep

The League's already a load of £#%&! so I doubt it'll make such difference. Give it a few years and United will be playing a large chunk of their 'home games' in places like Beijing or New York anyway. Nothing I can do about it, it's £#%&!ing inevitable.

Unread 04-11-2011, 04:55 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
didn't notice too many united fans doing much apart from laughing when hicks and gillette were £#%&!ing over the dippers, or ridsdale was taking lids down to the third division. football's tribal, you won't get any sympathy from others.

individual tv deals would be a disaster long-term. the premier league would end up like the scottish premier league or la liga, a waste of time, and it would inevitably lead to a european league and the end of national competitions, national rivalries, traditions etc.
That was hilarious tbf. They didn't even £#%&! the dippers up - it was just the combination with Senor Blobby's ineptitude that provided the comedy.

Unread 04-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Pop

I wouldn't like to see an end to competitiveness in the Premier league (if it actually exists any more) and certainly wouldn't wish for some form of break away European Super League but it would be nice to see a couple of clubs go under due largely to Utd spearheading negotiations for separate TV deals.

What's that Mr Kenwright? Nobody wants your product? Well £#%&! OFF then. Bwahahahahaha!

Football Associations, clubs, journalists, entire £#%&!ing media organisations make a living off Utd's back and waste not a second to put the boot in. £#%&! every last one of them.

Unread 04-11-2011, 08:08 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I wouldn't like to see an end to competitiveness in the Premier league (if it actually exists any more) and certainly wouldn't wish for some form of break away European Super League but it would be nice to see a couple of clubs go under due largely to Utd spearheading negotiations for separate TV deals.

What's that Mr Kenwright? Nobody wants your product? Well £#%&! OFF then. Bwahahahahaha!

Football Associations, clubs, journalists, entire £#%&!ing media organisations make a living off Utd's back and waste not a second to put the boot in. £#%&! every last one of them.
Even though the Glazers would suck out tens of £millions more from the club as a result of such a deal.

Unread 04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Pop

Its going to happen anyway, we know they'd crawl over their own mother when the opportunity arises and there is absolutely £#%&! all the fans can or will do about it.

Simple as that.

Unread 04-11-2011, 08:24 PM
ScarFace

I'd do anything to win or help win. I dont care about any clubs, £#%&! em.

I'd make a new "british" league, invite about 14 other teams plus the two scotch eggs and have 2 random games a season abroad.

United
City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
Leeds
Celtic
Ranger
Newcastle
Sunderland
Villa
Everton

4more mongs and only one team per season goes down.

Unread 04-11-2011, 08:51 PM
red in cumbria

No we don't want the £#%&!ing Jocks, thanks
Closed Thread