United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2017, 06:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
You wouldn't need quite so much defensive industry if we have a midfield that can dictate a game. Either Fabinho or Bakayoko alongside Herrera & Pogba is as complete a midfield as I could wish for in modern PL football.

All about that versatility to carousel your way around the middle of the park, comfortably rotating from the edge of either box. Maintaining a shape, blistering counter attacks if they're foolish enough to take us on & bullied in the air if they camp in. Looks a squad with great versatility as it stands, hoping we really step on the gas & secure two more class players.

Season 2 is the good bit of the ride.... let's have fun before it goes nuclear
Have any of those really shown much ability to dictate a game from midfield? For me Herrera and Pogba is a combination that still needs a lot of work to become a fluid midfield that can do everything we need.

Also, as much as I rate Fabinho he's turned into Maradona on here recently. Expectations would need calming. Chances are he'd need time to settle.

Unread 11-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Sapien

Spelled watching wrong.

Unread 11-07-2017, 06:42 AM
puressence

hames ivan

Unread 11-07-2017, 07:15 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Also, as much as I rate Fabinho he's turned into Maradona on here recently. Expectations would need calming. Chances are he'd need time to settle.
. This is true

Given the lack of patience shown by some on here for Pogba - who is a far superior midfielder - should be fun if we sign either of these.

Unread 11-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Have any of those really shown much ability to dictate a game from midfield? For me Herrera and Pogba is a combination that still needs a lot of work to become a fluid midfield that can do everything we need.

Build him up so they can lose their minds when he doesn't sign. Matic would probably the better of the two in the short term tbh.

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Spelled watching wrong.

I do love the positivity of preseason

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:18 AM
20 times

We're going to @#%&! some teams next season

Another midfielder and winger and we should challenge for the title

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:33 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
We're going to @#%&! some teams next season
we said that last pre-season.

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:35 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
We didn't have Red Rom last season though

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:37 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
We didn't have Red Rom last season though

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:48 AM
ziggyman17

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

standard. people were losing their shit left, right and centre before we signed rom and now we're going to be, apparently, smashing teams left right and centre.

We'll see who else is brought in but regardless, they'll need time to settle. I think I prefer quiet optimism to outright giddiness tbh.

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:58 AM
lindelof

Bakayoko is joining Chelsea, saffers.

Dier is 6"2 which supports your theory, however.

Unread 11-07-2017, 09:01 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Was saving this for the inevitable but while you're here.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=265
You're still a fool..

Herrera appears to be getting better with every day he doesn't play..

Unread 11-07-2017, 04:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
About time we did, then

Unread 11-07-2017, 04:20 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
About time we did, then
All aboard the giddy as £#%&! train

🚂

Unread 11-07-2017, 06:43 PM
MagnificentSeven

martial underperformed last season because he was shunted out to the wing to accommodate ibrahimovic, a player very few in the world would start up top over. it's clear as day from his first season here that he could definitely become a top player, but his best role is as a nine.

same goes for rashford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
standard. people were losing their shit left, right and centre before we signed rom and now we're going to be, apparently, smashing teams left right and centre.

We'll see who else is brought in but regardless, they'll need time to settle. I think I prefer quiet optimism to outright giddiness tbh.
yep. after those two summers under van gaal, and then last summer under mourinho, when we'd bring in quite a few marquee signings, i've learned to just not count my chickens.

obviously last season was far from a disaster, two trophies including a european one, and plenty to be optimistic about but it was still a disappointing league campaign.

Unread 11-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Arnold Muhren

Unread 11-07-2017, 07:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof
Dier is 6"2 which supports your theory, however.
Is there even the slightest ACTUAL indication that he is United bound, however?

Unread 11-07-2017, 07:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
martial underperformed last season because he was shunted out to the wing to accommodate ibrahimovic, a player very few in the world would start up top over. it's clear as day from his first season here that he could definitely become a top player, but his best role is as a nine.

same goes for rashford.

yep. after those two summers under van gaal, and then last summer under mourinho, when we'd bring in quite a few marquee signings, i've learned to just not count my chickens.

obviously last season was far from a disaster, two trophies including a european one, and plenty to be optimistic about but it was still a disappointing league campaign.
All Martial's best performances for United have come from the left tbh.
Closed Thread