United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:00 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
West Ham, who flirted with relegation all season, had a midfield worth £175m last year
Only just saw that they paid a fortune for him & cuts of future fees to previous clubs before:

Quote:
Lyon had sold Paquetá to the Hammers for €61.63m including bonuses, and a 10% cut of the profit of a future transfer (and 15% of that going to the Brazilian’s club before that, Milan).

McTommers going for £40m & getting Ambrabat in for £25m-30m and the Nice CB for £25m or whatever would give us the ability to go in for Taremi also & have cover up front across the board. Take the pressure of the kid for the first season.

Overall I'd be delighted with the revolution that has taken place in just one year if we can move on both of these guys & have replacements by the end of the window.

Unread 09-08-2023, 12:12 PM
dunk

Paqueta has an £85m clause next summer

Talk that we want keeper, CB, 2xCM and a striker if McT goes

Cutting it a bit fine.

Unread 09-08-2023, 08:22 PM
dunk

Unread 09-08-2023, 11:03 PM
MUFC One Love

The problem with The Scottish Player is even though he may be a good squad player, he's injured a lot. Or it seems that way.

Cash in.

Unread 10-08-2023, 12:07 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
a good squad player
I don't buy this "good sqaud player" line.

They're either good enough or not. He's not.

Clayton Blackmore/Mike Phelan/Darron Gibson with a nicer smile. Get rid

Unread 10-08-2023, 12:37 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I don't buy this "good sqaud player" line.

They're either good enough or not. He's not.

Clayton Blackmore/Mike Phelan/Darron Gibson with a nicer smile. Get rid
I think calling someone a Squad player implies they are good enough, but not too good to kick up a fuss at the minutes they pick up and are good personalities to have around the place or you could end up with a squad of Di Maria's

You can't have a squad of 25 starting 11 players. Not possible

You either pad the squad out or drug the players up enough you only ever need to use 14 players over the course of 60 games - Barca, City

Unread 10-08-2023, 05:48 PM
dunk

Unread 10-08-2023, 06:14 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

United just need to get this bloke in to negotiate with West Ham. Job done.

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:25 AM
Dr Stranger

So close!

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:33 AM
Baron

Long time left in this window, can see a mad scramble toward the end & him leaving for the reported £45m we want. We just need to have some confidence & buy who we need ahead of time to ensure we don't miss out.

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:33 AM
Vedder

Staying. I don’t mind, he can do a job. Would like to see him getting forward more because he is a goal threat.

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:39 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Staying. I don’t mind, he can do a job. Would like to see him getting forward more because he is a goal threat.
Absolutely. He should be getting in the box far more and shooting far more. He is a lovely striker of the ball.

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:40 AM
jem

Quote:
maybe he'd hide less if he went back to being a forward. bit more competition in the attacking midfield/striker role, though.

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Of all of them, he’s the one I want to leave the least. He has his merits and he’s effective. We just need to stop playing him like he’s a DM. He isn’t and never will be.

He’s good 30 yards up the pitch. He’s got great energy, can carry the ball well and has great timing coming in the box. Once he’s there, he’s got a good shot and he’s a decent finisher.

If we can get Amarabat, then we’ve got options in deeper roles where The Scottish Player won’t be needed there.

He’ll be a much more useful player when we play to his strengths and he isn’t trying to hold down the fort with Fred.

There’s something to be said for having home grown players in the squad too.

I’d rather have the £40m, but if he’s staying and it doesn’t affect us getting another midfielder in, then I’m fine with it.

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:55 AM
Neo

Football

Not good enough to be regularly in the starting XI, but useful for the homegrown quota. Also think he'll benefit from playing with better midfielders, as opposed to Fred and Fellaini.

Not on huge wages comparatively speaking, and still has 2 years left on his contract, so we can still get a fee for him next summer should we sell.

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:59 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Absolutely. He should be getting in the box far more and shooting far more. He is a lovely striker of the ball.
stop the bullshit, he is utter turd FFS

Unread 11-08-2023, 02:59 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
maybe he'd hide less if he went back to being a forward. bit more competition in the attacking midfield/striker role, though.
I'm sure I watched some MUTV fluff a couple of years ago that said he started playing up front as a kid and was classed as an attacker in the youth team. He does hide a lot less when he's further forward, that's certainly true. He's no anchor man that's for sure. Standing next to opponents so the defenders can't pass to him while being pressed by opponents, drives me nuts. I don't mind him as back up if he can be kept away from a deeper role.

Outside that it's mainly his attitude that rubs me the wrong way but to be fair that's my problem.

Unread 24-08-2023, 02:29 PM
dunk

Can’t sell him now, surely?

Unread 24-08-2023, 02:30 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Sell the useless @#%&!. He is shite.

Unread 24-08-2023, 02:51 PM
History

Quote: