United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 29-07-2023, 04:52 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Really exciting signing
Personally I prefer signings like this than obvious ones like Kane as Utd has always been best at signing younger talented players and developing them into world class players

Clearly this is a risky signing as Hojlund hasn’t proven himself yet but the problem is if we wait until he has then he’ll cost over 100 million euro like Osimhen is valued at this summer

He has every attribute you could want in a modern centre forward
6 foot 3 inches tall but can run a sub 11 seconds 100 meters

I think this guy does a good breakdown of Hojlund and why ETH and Utd have been convinced to take the risk and go for him
Could be our centre forward for the next decade

https://youtu.be/Re4_Ip_6GVs
My man.

Unread 29-07-2023, 05:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
We tried to go out and buy a proven striker before with Lukaku and a Ronaldo. We won £#%&! all
not the same.
lukaku is a bluffer as he has proved at Chelsea and now even inter don’t want him.

In ronaldo we hardly went out to buy a proven goalscorer.
We stepped in (only because of city) and bought a past player who wasn’t worth the money or adjusting to the team to play to his strengths.
something i pointed out early on btw.

Personally if have our minds set on buying Hojland, we should have found (not my job I’m not paid millions ) an adequate 50m experienced striker to balance it out.

only thing would have to give as we aren’t made of money and that would be mount. A player we could do with out. Two strikers is something we can’t do without as we shall see this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I notice you haven’t made any of these declarations yourself.

What do you think is reasonable to expect and how would you measure progress?

And I don’t think Arsenal finishing 4th would be a bad season for them.
with ETH at the helm Fielding a front 3 of rashford, inexperienced hojlund and inaffective Antony.
I have us finishing 5th at best and about 25 points off the top.
Less that 60 goals scored. Less that 23 games won.

Plus I’ll put my money where my mouth is as well because i know how shit Mason mount is as well and how he will distrust everything while just getting in Bruno’s way.
If I’m wrong in my I’ll donate £250 to the forum and buy 5 of you lots kids genuine United shirts.
If i bet isn’t settled within 7 days of the season finale , I’m banned forever.

bet stipulation. The bet is won if i get 2 of the 4 points i predicted.

Unread 29-07-2023, 05:04 PM
dunk

List of ‘adequate’ senior strikers available for £50m please.

Plus, who’s to say that isn’t the plan?

Unread 29-07-2023, 05:08 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
List of ‘adequate’ senior strikers available for £50m please.

Plus, who’s to say that isn’t the plan?
I just said that’s not my job and I’m not gonna let you tell me there are none.

dunk do you actually believe there absolutely no other players except the ones we actually sign

You suggest this stupid notion EVERYTIME.

Last year there was no striker we could possible loan in apart from weghorst

Unread 29-07-2023, 05:13 PM
dunk

No, I’m suggesting that getting an established striker at that price in the current market is the problem. I watch shit tons of football and honestly I’m struggling there’s a dearth of genuine number 9’s throughout the game.

I reckon Toney would’ve been a target but for his suspension tbh, and might be in Jan.

There were no number 9’s that moved on loan for £#%&! all money in Jan.

Unread 29-07-2023, 05:16 PM
jem

I don't rate mount, but hojlund would make a heck of a difference to the way we play, raw or not.

can't expect chelsea and liverpool to be shit and villa will finish above spurs, but.... our standard absolutely won't drop off.

Unread 29-07-2023, 05:37 PM
dunk

Btw, I think it’s clear a conscious decision has been made to take the risk on an expensive young one rather than scratching about for a Danny Ings.

They’ve still got Martial under contract, apparently entering his prime years

They’d get Kane if it was possible (and still might) but none of the other mentioned targets, Ramos, Muani (can’t think of anyone else tbh) could be considered any more guaranteed to succeed than Hojlund.

I’d say I’m pretty relaxed about it btw. I was very much against us dropping huge money on one player when it is clear we need more than one, or huge money on one and bargain basement shopping in other areas as happened under LvG. I think they’ve used the budget smartly thus far, Mount is 24 and is approaching his peak and not the young kid in frankly (arf) awful Chelsea sides. If it doesn’t work, fine, we upgrade again. We needed that sort of player and energy though. I was terrified we’d be stuck with DdG and that we wouldn’t pay the €70m for Costa, so I’m delighted with Onana. And I’ve long been a believer in buying young up and coming players, particularly forwards, so Hojlund is perfect. That’s a great summer when we were told we had £100m to spend at the outset, anything else is a bonus.

Obvs, in an ideal World we spend £500m and get number 1 choice in every role, but here we are.

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:15 PM
magic_cantona

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:16 PM
Arnold Muhren

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:23 PM
browser

Out

DDG
Henderson
Maguire
Telles
Van De Beek
Fred
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Elanga

Replacements

Onana
Mount
Hjolund
Mainoo
Amrabat
Amad

If that’s us by the end of the window, it’s really been an exceptional summer

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
not the same.
lukaku is a bluffer as he has proved at Chelsea and now even inter don’t want him.

We stepped in (only because of city) and bought a past player who wasn’t worth the money or adjusting to the team to play to his strengths.

Personally if have our minds set on buying Hojland, we should have found (not my job I’m not paid millions ) an adequate 50m experienced striker to balance it out.

only thing would have to give as we aren’t made of money and that would be mount. A player we could do with out. Two strikers is something we can’t do without as we shall see this season.

with ETH at the helm Fielding a front 3 of rashford, inexperienced hojlund and inaffective Antony.

Plus I’ll put my money where my mouth is as well because i know how shit Mason mount is as well and how he will distrust everything while just getting in Bruno’s way.
If I’m wrong in my I’ll donate £250 to the forum and buy 5 of you lots kids genuine United shirts.

Ok, I think we’ll do better than that, but thank you for sharing.

Anyway, looks like Hojlund is done. Very exciting signing. Like Jem, I expect him to make a big difference to us, raw or otherwise.

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:29 PM
Vedder

Amrabat next

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:31 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Out

DDG
Henderson
Maguire
Telles
Van De Beek
Fred
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Elanga

Replacements

Onana
Mount
Hjolund
Mainoo
Amrabat
Amad

If that’s us by the end of the window, it’s really been an exceptional summer
The first letters of the ones we’ve brought/are bringing in spells ‘OH MAMA’

I like that.

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Acting like a big club....

Next.......!

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:33 PM
dunk

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:37 PM
browser

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
not the same.

Weren’t you posting 5 aside vids with the big lummox, telling us all how amazing he was going to be?

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:45 PM
Ethers

Not even the end of July, and all 3 major problem areas have had major upgrades signed.

The Ten Hag effect.

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:47 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Weren’t you posting 5 aside vids with the big lummox, telling us all how amazing he was going to be?
Obviously wasn't a bluffer back then

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:48 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Yes.

Unread 29-07-2023, 07:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Not even the end of July, and all 3 major problem areas have had major upgrades signed.

The Ten Hag effect.
proper manager