View Poll Results: In our out?
In 35 39.33%
Out 54 60.67%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2024, 06:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
This. Deserves the opportunity to also sign his own players.

Old 07-05-2024, 07:40 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
He’s mental.
he is.

he's picked a midfield once. £#%&!ing once.

what happens if we lose possession, erik? "it's not allowed. it can't happen."

and yet we risk losing it constantly and have no £#%&!ing clue what to do with it when we have it.

what's really mental is that he wasn't sacked months ago.

Old 07-05-2024, 07:45 AM
tatty

I'm saving my real anger for the new manager out poll.

Old 07-05-2024, 07:48 AM
Finport Red

Out, reluctantly.

Like the bloke, think he’s had some terrible luck this season, and he did have us playing well and winning bigger matches last season, but his system sees to require everyone to be fit and on form at all times, with no alternative back-up for when they’re not.

Last night was criminal. Not protecting that defence was unforgivable, for me. I thought we genuinely had a chance in the cup final until then. Almost afraid to watch it now.

The only problem is, no matter who we bring in has a minimum 3 year task ahead of them, and I don’t see anyone being afforded that time.

Old 07-05-2024, 07:51 AM
magic_cantona

£6m a year but if we have an injury, you can't expect him to coach a replacement from the squad. That's it, isn't it?

Old 07-05-2024, 07:51 AM
Hyman_Roth

Needs sacking obvs but please Ineos, do it after the Arsenal match.

Old 07-05-2024, 07:53 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Needs sacking obvs but please Ineos, do it after the Arsenal match.
You know this is all leading up to a reaction and a win against Arsenal right?

Old 07-05-2024, 07:54 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
£6m a year but if we have an injury, you can't expect him to coach a replacement from the squad. That's it, isn't it?
Alright Marlo… we get it

Old 07-05-2024, 07:58 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Alright Marlo… we get it
Don't you misgender me!

Old 07-05-2024, 08:04 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Out, reluctantly.

Like the bloke, think he’s had some terrible luck this season, and he did have us playing well and winning bigger matches last season, but his system sees to require everyone to be fit and on form at all times, with no alternative back-up for when they’re not.

Last night was criminal. Not protecting that defence was unforgivable, for me. I thought we genuinely had a chance in the cup final until then. Almost afraid to watch it now.

The only problem is, no matter who we bring in has a minimum 3 year task ahead of them, and I don’t see anyone being afforded that time.
This is my biggest concern with him. Every manager needs the right players, but some are more reliant on it than others. We’re so susceptible on turnovers. The flaw seems to be that we can’t give the ball away in attacking areas. Which is always going to happen. If we can’t pass out from the back, it shouldn’t mean we utterly capitulate.

One of the aspects that impressed me about him last year was how he adapted. We tried passing out from the back and stung in the first two games, so he changed it. We found ways to win last season. He was principled, but also pragmatic enough to know the need to win. He seems more stubborn this year in terms of doing things his way, even if it means steering us directly into an iceberg

I like him too. I think he’s great first team coach and that should be his role. As ever, the club as a whole is a much bigger problem and he’s had worse luck and circumstances than his predecessors, but he’s digging his own grave at the moment. I honestly don’t think INEOS would have wanted to change the manager so early, but he’s giving them little alternative right now.

Last night was as bad it gets and our position is as bad as anything since Fergie

Old 07-05-2024, 08:18 AM
Jethro

IF he's done then go out swinging with some pride FFS.

I'm pretty sure even his biggest detractors will applaud him hanging out some bastard's to dry. Just play kids. £#%&! it.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:39 AM
magic_cantona

Hate to link this @#%&! up but it shows what an absolute mess this all is:

Who's coaching that?

Old 07-05-2024, 09:41 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
IF he's done then go out swinging with some pride FFS.

I'm pretty sure even his biggest detractors will applaud him hanging out some bastard's to dry. Just play kids. £#%&! it.
Yeah this.

I’d much rather see our reserves back up centre back/midfielder over Casemiro again and that kid at left back over Awb.

Injuries have been diabolical but tenners hasn’t helped himself at all either. He won’t be here next season but he’s got us to the final so deserves to ‘coach’ us in it.

Old 07-05-2024, 09:48 AM
armchair

I want McClaren in until the end of the season. Scholes said he's a brilliant coach and that he's obviously a marginal figure in the current set up. Give him the reins for the rest of the season. He'll set us up right.

Old 07-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Yeah this.

I’d much rather see our reserves back up centre back/midfielder over Casemiro again and that kid at left back over Awb.

Injuries have been diabolical but tenners hasn’t helped himself at all either. He won’t be here next season but he’s got us to the final so deserves to ‘coach’ us in it.
Disagree. Going into that match playing like we are now and have all season will see us humiliated.

We’d be better going into that match with no manager than Erik. Or better still, a manager for a single match who has no pressure or expectation.

We need to radically change the phycology around the club and that won’t happen if he’s stinking the place out with everyone aware he’s already been bulleted.

Get rid after the Arsenal match. Be surprised if he lasts the rest of today tbh.

Old 07-05-2024, 09:52 AM
AK14

Quote:
Disagree. Going into that match playing like we are now and have all season will see us humiliated.

We’d be better going into that match with no manager than Erik. Or better still, a manager for a single match who has no pressure or expectation.

We need to radically change the phycology around the club and that won’t happen if he’s stinking the place out with everyone aware he’s already been bulleted.

Get rid after the Arsenal match. Be surprised if he lasts the rest of today tbh.
Maybe…

Who you taking as caretaker pal, McClaren?

Old 07-05-2024, 09:59 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Maybe…

Who you taking as caretaker pal, McClaren?
Yep. Anybody tbh. The cloud needs lifting. After Arsenal.

Old 07-05-2024, 10:01 AM
AK14

Quote:
Yep. Anybody tbh. The cloud needs lifting. After Arsenal.
Mou is currently unemployed…

Old 07-05-2024, 10:01 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

See, I won't.

Literally feel the dread thinking about him staying on. Should really go today, its a disgrace.