United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 61 53.51%
Sack 53 46.49%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-04-2024, 03:33 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
We’ve lost 17 games this season already the most since 1990.
And we stuck with the manager then and reaped the rewards.

Unread 05-04-2024, 03:42 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
And we stuck with the manager then and reaped the rewards.
Urgh not this ridiculous comparison AGAIN

Unread 05-04-2024, 03:50 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
I don’t think it’s that ridiculous. If we’d jumped straight from Ferguson to ETH I’d get people saying it’s daft, but we’ve spent a decade doing the opposite and sacking managers when results have gone to shit. At some point we have to try do something differently.

I’m not even saying ETH is the man for the job either. I just fully expect the exact same thing to happen under whoever we choose to bring in next. It’s brain damage.

Unread 05-04-2024, 03:53 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I don’t think it’s that ridiculous. If we’d jumped straight from Ferguson to ETH I’d get people saying it’s daft, but we’ve spent a decade doing the opposite and sacking managers when results have gone to shit. At some point we have to try do something differently.

I’m not even saying ETH is the man for the job either. I just fully expect the exact same thing to happen under whoever we choose to bring in next. It’s brain damage.
I will feel confident more confident about the club sacking a manager when they have a structure in place,even though Erik should be gone already after this disastrous season. Staggering there is only 6 votes in the poll after how we have played but there you go

Unread 05-04-2024, 03:57 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I will feel confident more confident about the club sacking a manager when they have a structure in place,even though Erik should be gone already after this disastrous season. Staggering there is only 6 votes in the poll after how we have played but there you go
Don’t you think ETH deserves a run under a proper structure?

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:02 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

This is where I'm at. Even if we have big squad turnover this summer which is no guarantee with the wages they're on, it will take a couple of seasons before we start to see a plan coming together. It's why I don't see the point of sticking with ETH, outside of the dogshit performances and results he hasn't left himself any building blocks for next season. He'd basically be starting from zero as whatever plan he's had for the last year is either crap or non-existent.

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Staggering there is only 6 votes in the poll after how we have played but there you go
Maybe people have different views to you...

Mad isn't it ...

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:08 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Don’t you think ETH deserves a run under a proper structure?
Nope because we got annihilated at Anfield and I will never be able to move on from him totally losing control in that second half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Maybe people have different views to you...

Mad isn't it ...
Just tells me he can't do wrong with some people

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:09 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Spot on.

I didn’t even know we our champions league group stage campaign was the worst by an English side ever and we had a group with Bayern, galatasary and Copenhagen!

We’ve lost 17 games this season already the most since 1990. And we still have to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Brighton and city !
City

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:09 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Nope because we got annihilated at Anfield and I will never be able to move on from him totally losing control in that second half
Fair enough. I’ve moved on from that game. In fact the only time i ever think about it is when it’s mentioned on here.

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:11 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Urgh. Yes. Again. Oh my god can u believe it hun.

I don't think it's a ridiculous comparison at all. It's comparing a situation more than comparing individuals.

Quote:
I will never be able to move on
Never? Oh sweetheart.

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:12 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence View Post
City
Presume he has us beating Coventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Urgh. Yes. Again. Oh my god can u believe it hun.

I don't think it's a ridiculous comparison at all. It's comparing a situation more than comparing individuals.

Never? Oh sweetheart.
Yeah I have standards unlike some clearly

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:26 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
I honestly don’t begrudge those wanting him gone though, it’s hard to defend, but Big Parls has done so very eloquently.
eloquently perhaps, but goldfish headed £#%&!s was more succinct

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:33 PM
jem

in order to be worth persevering with a manager, the manager has to show some sign that he knows what he is doing and that he can accept what he is seeing and adapt his plans accordingly. 10h would appear blind to the fact that what he is doing isn't working, never mind understanding why and doing something different.

the fact that there are people on here who would appear blind and fail to understand is not quite so surprising.

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:35 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
in order to be worth persevering with a manager, the manager has to show some sign that he knows what he is doing and that he can accept what he is seeing and adapt his plans accordingly. 10h would appear blind to the fact that what he is doing isn't working, never mind understanding why and doing something different.

the fact that there are people on here who would appear blind and fail to understand is not quite so surprising.
vote or shut up

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
vote or shut up
Not your poll, son. Only magic can make that demand.

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
vote or shut up
how likely is it that I voted out on the previous poll, but have been so impressed by our performance against chelsea that I now want him to stay?

Unread 05-04-2024, 05:00 PM
poppy

Get rid. Get an Ineos man in, or we're just delaying the inevitable. Fresh start; big season ahead.

I don't buy into these ideas of a three-year plan with an organic growth towards the title. It's all nice and neat thinking that we'll finish around sixth this season, top four next, the season after we'll get second before we're ready to go for the title. Remember Houllier's five-year plan when he took over the vermin. They were doomed as soon as he said that. Win the next game at all costs and the rest will fall into place.

Leicester won the title after finishing 14th the season before. With the new regime in charge, renewed optimism around the club, a quality signing or three in the summer, excitement building over what's happening with the club infrastructure, the boost our FA Cup win will bring, and a top, savvy coach in charge, our shit@#%&!s can definitely do it. Come on!

Unread 05-04-2024, 05:03 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
With the new regime in charge, renewed optimism around the club, a quality signing or three in the summer, excitement building over what's happening with the club infrastructure, the boost our FA Cup win will bring, and a top, savvy coach in charge, our shit@#%&!s can definitely do it. Come on!
until we have a brooding grey stadium full of elbows and shadows and non-comformity, nothing will change

Unread 05-04-2024, 05:16 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Get rid. Get an Ineos man in, or we're just delaying the inevitable. Fresh start; big season ahead.

I don't buy into these ideas of a three-year plan with an organic growth towards the title. It's all nice and neat thinking that we'll finish around sixth this season, top four next, the season after we'll get second before we're ready to go for the title. Remember Houllier's five-year plan when he took over the vermin. They were doomed as soon as he said that. Win the next game at all costs and the rest will fall into place.

Leicester won the title after finishing 14th the season before. With the new regime in charge, renewed optimism around the club, a quality signing or three in the summer, excitement building over what's happening with the club infrastructure, the boost our FA Cup win will bring, and a top, savvy coach in charge, our shit@#%&!s can definitely do it. Come on!
Agree if we're going to sack him. If he's going, it should be sooner rather than later, so that a new manager can be selected and included in the transfer plans/pitches for the summer. If, however, he's going to stay, I'll give him until Christmas before jumping on the out bandwagon. For now I'm abstaining; I want to see him turn things around, but won't lose any sleep if he's let go.