United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I appreciate his talent, would like to see him fulfill it. Easy to cast him as the villain, giving up and wanting out, but Mou has hardly gone out of his way to encourage him. Easy to tell a player to wait it out, but nothing is guaranteed in football, 2 years from now injuries might have ended his career, he wants to play.
As I've said numerous times - I don't blame him at all for wanting to leave. In fact if I were his agent I'd be encouraging him to do so. (ok maybe not agent, because he's not gonna earn more elsewhere).

But that's the end of that. He's just some French kid. Bye.

I'd prefer we kept hold of Rashford, for obvious reasons.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:23 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
While others pretend he and Rashers aren't actually very good in order to excuse JM.

Of course before Mou took over pretty much everyone united in raving about the pair of them.

Replaces one with a lump who looks like he plays in tight jeans and the other with a 30 year old tortoise.

Got previous for it but yeah it's Martials fault

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:26 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Replaces one with a lump who looks like he plays in tight jeans and the other with a 30 year old tortoise.

That is superb. nicked

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

This is the part I don't understand people not appreciating. I'd generally give any top class manager the benefit of the doubt in decision-making, but his track record over the last few years warrants absolutely no faith. And we all saw the talent in Martial pre Mou.

If we do sell him, I just hope we invest in someone with similar long-term potential, rather than a shortcut.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:01 PM
Drexl

Quote:
This is the part I don't understand people not appreciating. I'd generally give any top class manager the benefit of the doubt in decision-making, but his track record over the last few years warrants absolutely no faith. And we all saw the talent in Martial pre Mou.

If we do sell him, I just hope we invest in someone with similar long-term potential, rather than a shortcut.
Did he not win just more than Klopp?

What would satisfy you as an individual?

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Did he not win just more than Klopp?

What would satisfy you as an individual?
Sorry pal, I meant specifically in terms of his judgement and development of young players. At both Chelsea and Madrid he made a hash/overlooked lots of emerging players. His management of young players seems to be getting worse with every year he's a manager.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:05 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Sorry pal, I meant specifically in terms of his judgement and development of young players. At both Chelsea and Madrid he made a hash/overlooked lots of emerging players. His management of young players seems to be getting worse with every year he's a manager.
Don't apologise!

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:07 PM
Cream

Quote:

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
While others pretend he and Rashers aren't actually very good in order to excuse JM.

Of course before Mou took over pretty much everyone united in raving about the pair of them.
Except for a handful of haterz, nearly everybody thinks Rashford is good tbf.

(which isn't, however, the same as believing he should be an automatic starter RIGHT NOW)

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Except for a handful of haterz, nearly everybody thinks Rashford is good tbf.

(which isn't, however, the same as believing he should be an automatic starter RIGHT NOW)
Which hardly anyone says. More that he should maybe play more than four times a season up front.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Always show respect to time-served posters Unless they're #@&%!s.
what a nice thing to say especially as I am a #@&%!

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Just juxtaposing a beautiful LVG moment with the nastiness of Mou.

Louis gone. Martial gone.

Nothing more.
You won't be happy until he's destroyed everything.

Unread 15-06-2018, 01:44 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
It's this sort of ludicrous hyperbole which devalues your contribution to the debate.
he's clearly got a shitload of talent and can go on to become world class. just look at that debut goal against liverpool. or most of his goals for us for that matter. not just the finishing either.

Unread 15-06-2018, 05:34 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
No need for that pal

I’m of the same opinion now as I was months ago. If he wants to stay and fight for his place then good, If he wants to leave then £#%&! him off. Same goes for every single player in the squad tbh.

I understand you find it difficult to accept when people have a different opinion to you, but there’s no need to be snide about it.

Snide is his middle name

Spends all his time sniping at posts as long as they’re not top rep

Quote:
Lukaku? De Bruyne? Salah? All spent several years at mediocre clubs after Chelsea before becoming seriously rated in hindsight and Lukaku, of course, now rated a donkey by several on here. Convenient. Damned if he plays em, damned if he doesn’t. Both Chelsea and Madrid cashed up and spending zillions on galacticos but Mou should’ve benched his big players for developing prospects.

Unread 15-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
he's clearly got a shitload of talent and can go on to become world class. just look at that debut goal against liverpool. or most of his goals for us for that matter. not just the finishing either.
Yup. The layoff to lingard against arsenal was exquisite.

Unread 15-06-2018, 08:10 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Both Chelsea and Madrid cashed up and spending zillions on galacticos but Mou should’ve benched his big players for developing prospects.
I’m sure both clubs would have been patient in waiting for trophies whilst he developed the young players.

Abramovic’s strategy of stockpiling players on loan and then selling them is probably as much about money laundering as it is developing players.

Unread 15-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
You said his talent was verging on the ridiculous.

I would expect you to be able to highlight more than a few instances in 3 seasons with us of him actually showing it.

It could be argued they are the exception rather than the rule.

There are lots of players who could go on to be world class. Very few actually do.

Unread 15-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Tronics

will be sad to see him leave and us end the season 3rd playing dreadful football whilst he goes and lights up Serie A or something

Unread 15-06-2018, 01:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Snide is his middle name

Spends all his time sniping at posts as long as they’re not top rep

Lukaku? De Bruyne? Salah? All spent several years at mediocre clubs after Chelsea before becoming seriously rated in hindsight and Lukaku, of course, now rated a donkey by several on here. Convenient. Damned if he plays em, damned if he doesn’t. Both Chelsea and Madrid cashed up and spending zillions on galacticos but Mou should’ve benched his big players for developing prospects.
Just not really true at all. De Bruyne was sold by Chelsea in 2014; he joined City in 2015. Salah had two full season with Roma, where he was brilliant from the start, before joining Liverpool. So fairly quick turnarounds really. I don’t judge him for selling Lukaku; it’s more that now he sees him as a £75m striker who is un-droppable for United.

Madrid and Spain have a few players who had to wait for Mourinho to leave Madrid to get ther push. He doesn’t overlook young players because they don’t have the talent or application. He overlooks them because he’s a short term manager.

Unread 15-06-2018, 02:45 PM
holebottom

Quote:
Just not really true at all. De Bruyne was sold by Chelsea in 2014; he joined City in 2015. Salah had two full season with Roma, where he was brilliant from the start, before joining Liverpool. So fairly quick turnarounds really. I don’t judge him for selling Lukaku; it’s more that now he sees him as a £75m striker who is un-droppable for United.

Madrid and Spain have a few players who had to wait for Mourinho to leave Madrid to get ther push. He doesn’t overlook young players because they don’t have the talent or application. He overlooks them because he’s a short term manager.
All managers are short term now.

The turnover of managers is frightening compared to the past. Clubs want instant success.
Closed Thread