United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Switching Off

Default Terry Drogba Spat

Quote:

Carlo Ancelotti played down a spat between John Terry and Didier Drogba, two of his senior players at Chelsea, as the defending champions lost further ground in the Premier League title race after a thrilling 3-3 home draw with Aston Villa.

Drogba argued with Terry as they left the field, with Chelsea struggling to comprehend how they could have conceded such a soft goal. Marc Albrighton, the Villa substitute, was given time to cross and Clark stole in between Terry and Ashley Cole to glance home.

"Everything is OK in the dressing room," Ancelotti said, as he sought to accentuate the positives from a brighter second-half performance. "We've lost confidence but not our winning mentality because our bad moment has been too long. I think that in the last game [the 1-0 win over Bolton Wanderers], the play was good. Obviously, we have to improve but I think we are improving."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ea-aston-villa

Good stuff

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:32 AM
tatty

Default Re: Terry Drogba Spat

Can't decide which of the @#%&!s I dislike more.

Unread 03-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Gruber

any video links to this?

Unread 03-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Can't decide which of the @#%&!s I dislike more.
Terry for me. For all his @#%&!ishness on the pitch, I don't think Drogba is half the @#%&! off it that Terry is.

Plus he occasionally does something so baffling and bizarre that I can't help but laugh. I still remember a game a couple of years ago where he changed boots at halftime and wasn't ready for kickoff, so when he got his boots sorted, he just ran on the pitch and joined play without waiting to be waved on by the ref. He got booked, and you could tell from the look on his face that he had no idea you couldn't do that.

Unread 03-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Menace

Terry is by far the bigger @#%&!. He's possibly the biggest @#%&! in football. Despicable virus of a man.

Drogba is a diving, arrogant #@&%!, but I agree with Grimson that you can laugh at him sometimes. I remember that time he got hit with a coin after he scored and decided to pick the coin up and hurl it back into the crowd full force.

Then there was the "its a £#%&!ing disgrace" outburst after that Barca Champion's League game".

Unread 03-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Terry is by far the bigger @#%&!. He's possibly the biggest @#%&! in football. Despicable virus of a man.

Drogba is a diving, arrogant #@&%!, but I agree with Grimson that you can laugh at him sometimes. I remember that time he got hit with a coin after he scored and decided to pick the coin up and hurl it back into the crowd full force.

Then there was the "its a £#%&!ing disgrace" outburst after that Barca Champion's League game".
Disgwace

Unread 03-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Stickman

That's the funniest game of football I've watched in my life and it produced some monumental gifs in its aftermatch

From the ref refusing to give Chelsea pens, the Pique handball, ffs. Iniesta stopping the tedium of an all english final with their only shot at goal. Guardiolas goon, Ballack chasing the ref and doing everything in his power not to throttle him. Its a disgrace, Terry going batshit in all the officials faces after the match and then of course who could forget the uproar in the studio?

"He referees in Norway, how one earth has he got a Champions league semi final"

It'll not be beaten!

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That's the funniest game of football I've watched in my life and it produced some monumental gifs in its aftermatch

From the ref refusing to give Chelsea pens, the Pique handball, ffs. Iniesta stopping the tedium of an all english final with their only shot at goal. Guardiolas goon, Ballack chasing the ref and doing everything in his power not to throttle him. Its a disgrace, Terry going batshit in all the officials faces after the match and then of course who could forget the uproar in the studio?

"He referees in Norway, how one earth has he got a Champions league semi final"

It'll not be beaten!
I was watching that with a scouser, a Swansea fan, an Oxford United fan, and an Aberdeen fan, and an American Chelsea fan
They were almost like Ballack, Terry, Drogba and co with me. I was so smug

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:24 AM
borsuk

terry is an utter @#%&! with no redeeming features on the pitch or off it and one seemingly incapable of seeing himself as anything other than a martyr hero to whom the world owes both gratitude and respect. he appears to be getting worse as well - some of his lunging straight leg tackles yesterday were highly dangerous and he got away with two or three before he finally got a yellow.

drogba is a much better player, first of all, and while he is a whining @#%&! of a player on the field he is actually quite an impressive individual off it: intelligent, aware, does some very worthwhile charity work, has used his status back home to improve the chances of peace in his country. off the pitch drogba is one of the more impressive premier league footballers. and there is plenty of comedy value in the man as grimson says.

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:44 AM
tatty

Always liked Droggy.

Unread 03-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Zorg

Cheeky bid for Drogs?

Unread 03-01-2011, 10:12 AM
gbmufc

Drogba is a great player when his teams winning so he would be great at United. I have always admired his finishing qualities.

And Fergie would manage him properly.

Unread 03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Menace

There's not many players who could walk into any team in the world.

Drogba is probably one of them.

Absolute beast of a striker.

It was a big boost for us when he got sent off in Moscow.

Unread 03-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Cheeky bid for Drogs?
He'll want Champion's League football so we might be able to snap him up in the summer.

Unread 03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
any video links to this?
Just a pic. The evidence is overwhelming

Unread 03-01-2011, 12:46 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Terry for me. For all his @#%&!ishness on the pitch, I don't think Drogba is half the @#%&! off it that Terry is.

Plus he occasionally does something so baffling and bizarre that I can't help but laugh. I still remember a game a couple of years ago where he changed boots at halftime and wasn't ready for kickoff, so when he got his boots sorted, he just ran on the pitch and joined play without waiting to be waved on by the ref. He got booked, and you could tell from the look on his face that he had no idea you couldn't do that.
euphemism for taking a shit.

we have all been there.

haven't we..???

Unread 03-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Pop

No contest. Drogba is a @#%&! but Terry is a monumental, epic, earth shattering, biblical £#%&!ing @#%&! who desperately needs his neck breaking as soon as possible.

Would genuinley love to see his career ended in agonizing pain on the pitch to a chorus of boo's and pelting as he is stretchered off to the paraplegic care ward.

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
terry is an utter @#%&! with no redeeming features on the pitch or off it and one seemingly incapable of seeing himself as anything other than a martyr hero to whom the world owes both gratitude and respect. he appears to be getting worse as well - some of his lunging straight leg tackles yesterday were highly dangerous and he got away with two or three before he finally got a yellow.

drogba is a much better player, first of all, and while he is a whining @#%&! of a player on the field he is actually quite an impressive individual off it: intelligent, aware, does some very worthwhile charity work, has used his status back home to improve the chances of peace in his country. off the pitch drogba is one of the more impressive premier league footballers. and there is plenty of comedy value in the man as grimson says.
Not looking too good there right now, is it??

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Sparky***

I too laughed my arse off at that infamous champions league semi final.

However, in retrospect, I wish chelsea had won.

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
irk

I £#%&!ing HATE John Terry. The treatment, and the fact it clearly did his head in, he got at old Trafford after Moscow was a joy.
Closed Thread